Visit site
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I go to a very small (700 students) Christian college. Sometimes it seems like a lot of us know more about our friends from facebook than from actually knowing them, which is sad. :p More and more conversations are, "Yeah, they broke up." "Really?" "Yup. Facebook says so."

lol

Upvote 0

ofthejetage

May 20, 2007
GA, USA
✟15,151.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I go to a very small (700 students) Christian college. Sometimes it seems like a lot of us know more about our friends from facebook than from actually knowing them, which is sad. :p More and more conversations are, "Yeah, they broke up." "Really?" "Yup. Facebook says so."

lol
withoutaninvitation: i know what you mean! my college was like that last year...except we only have about 400 students and about 200 of those are adult students who dont even live on campus, so we're all reaaally close.

but yeah, facebook has helped me A LOT in the past year, but its hurt a lot, too..way more than myspace ever did

Upvote 0

WithoutAnInvitation

May 16, 2007
Boston, MA
Visit site
✟7,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think that's one thing I don't really appreciate about facebook at all -- the notes thing. I've seen people write really hurtful things about people right there online where anyone and everyone can see it. Which is sad. It's the same with xanga and livejournal and myspace, but it's annoying because 1.) if you have an issue with someone, why can't you just maybe talk to them in person, or even on the phone? And 2.) facebook wasn't made as a myspace-type site when it first went up.

But what're you gonna do? You know? ::shrugs and moves on::

Upvote 0

Manda_24

Saved by Grace
Jan 2, 2004
Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

lol

A relationship isn't official until it's on facebook :p

I think facebook is a good way to keep in contact with old friends. It's good with getting in contact with classmates too if you have a question. I also like posting pictures, I probably do that more than anyting. I just get on once or twice a day for about 15 minutes just to see what's going on, I'm not really obsessed with it like I was when it first came out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redheadskiangel

Veteran
Jun 5, 2007
Vacaville, CA
✟9,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Facebook is amazing, especially during the summer when I don't see my friends from college... or when I am at school and I don't see my friends at home. It's a good way to keep in touch... although now with all of the added features it is getting more and more like myspace...

Upvote 0