Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it's awesome for someone to find a soul to love, and to express that love through their desire.

Anyone is fine so long as it's not children or animals or inanimate objects, because that would be want not desire.
why not children, animals or inanimate object?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And yet sin has existed since the beginning of time.
Not since the beginning of time, since the creation of man and woman.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What Satan did wasn't a sin, then?
In the garden, in the presence of Adam and Eve? Certainly. Sin requires free will, though, and Satan didn't have that after he turned from God.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In the garden, in the presence of Adam and Eve? Certainly. Sin requires free will, though, and Satan didn't have that after he turned from God.

Interesting. Consider Genesis 3:5, when Satan, disguised as a serpent, said to Eve, “For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Notice the double lies being offered to Eve springing out of the same principle behind his botched coup attempt; first, that she would be like gods, and thus independent, able to rule over herself apart from God, and secondly, there is not one God, but many gods; each is sovereign over himself or herself.

Sound like autonomous or libertarian will - a.k.a free will? Anyone anyone anyone?

God bless
Cush

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AWESOME!!!! Lol

I don't understand why someone would tolerate something that's morally objectionable to them.
You know, once, my kid wanted to go watch an R rated movie. He tried to sell me by saying "It's only got a little nudity in it! Can I go?" I answered him, "Son, why don't we go out and get a pizza with everything you like on it? Then I'll get just a little dog poo, and put it somewhere on the pizza, and then you can eat it. Knowing this information, would you eat any of the pizza?" He got the point.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting. Consider Genesis 3:5, when Satan, disguised as a serpent, said to Eve, “For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” Notice the double lies being offered to Eve springing out of the same principle behind his botched coup attempt; first, that she would be like gods, and thus independent, able to rule over herself apart from God, and secondly, there is not one God, but many gods; each is sovereign over himself or herself.

Sound like autonomous or libertarian will - a.k.a free will? Anyone anyone anyone?

God bless
Cush
Actually, he didn't lie, he told them the truth. They would have the wisdom to know. And when they ate, they knew. And the moment they ate, against God's will, they fell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand why someone would tolerate something that's morally objectionable to them.
You know, once, my kid wanted to go watch an R rated movie. He tried to sell me by saying "It's only got a little nudity in it! Can I go?" I answered him, "Son, why don't we go out and get a pizza with everything you like on it? Then I'll get just a little dog poo, and put it somewhere on the pizza, and then you can eat it. Knowing this information, would you eat any of the pizza?" He got the point.

Okay, you're my hero for the day for that one.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, you're my hero for the day for that one.
I pick em up and store em away for future use. I heard this at a SF Giants baseball game a week or so ago: Yelled at the umpire:"If you grew another eye, they'd call you Cyclops!"

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Comparing a naked body to excrement is a positive? Wow. I'm sorry for you guys.
I think it depends on his son's age. The first nudity I have seen in a movie was in Carrie...the opening shower scene when I was 13. I did see one movie beforehand where it showed a teen female breasts..but I do not have much memory of it, other than the dialogue was very vulgar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Huh, I thought I was...

Nevertheless, normal means ordinary and expected - which death and sin are to us mortals.
You're religion says "Unitarian" so I assumed you were not a Christian, as they consider themselves to be ALL religions as far as I know. MY Apologies. Did not mean to point my finger @ you...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't matter how old you are - comparing a human body to excrement is unbelievable.
I agree with you- on that part.

Not to go off topic...
To be completely honest- I would not be comfortable around a naked female. Women bodies are beautiful in the sense all human's bodies are beautiful- but it's not something I would willingly look at. Does that make sense? There's no physical attraction for me..it's just nothingness...:p

Where as, I would have to be far more careful around a half naked male as I do find them infinitely more physically attractive, and do not want to wander into sin/temptation.

I do not deny I have attractions to the same gender- I see that as a cross I bear. As the same time, I sometimes am attracted to women. Human Sexuality IS very complex, we can agree on that much. :)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you- on that part.

Not to go off topic...
To be completely honest- I would not be comfortable around a naked female. Women bodies are beautiful in the sense all human's bodies are beautiful- but it's not something I would willingly look at. Does that make sense? There's no physical attraction for me..it's just nothingness...:p

Where as, I would have to be far more careful around a half naked male as I do find them infinitely more physically attractive, and do not want to wander into sin/temptation.

I do not deny I have attractions to the same gender- I see that as a cross I bear. As the same time, I sometimes am attracted to women. Human Sexuality IS very complex, we can agree on that much. :)
I forgot that about you Riley. Yes, human bodies are beautiful but you are right to be cautious if that is how it affects you.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Certainly children and animals can give consent.

wheeeee the slippery slope of anything-goes is a fun one, isn't it?

How sad that you were unable to grasp the analogy.
NAMBLA insists children 'want' sex with men - and that they are consentual - so even if ppl outside that mental issue see it as wrong - they can bend the 'facts' all too easily - reword it - bring up examples of well brain washed children [which pedophiles MUST do to get them to cooperate] to proof how normal it would be for children.
JUST as we see the world now accepting the unnatural SSA - if you cant baffle with them facts baffle them with crap.

Upvote 0