United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I need to reflect on this...

So anyway, I shared a photo that said "Marriage= One Man, One Woman". A gay man later defriended/blocked me over it and asked me "If I were to attend my brother's wedding if he was married to a man" (Of course not!).

Why is is that politics ALWAYS seems to bring out the worst in people? It's AWFUL. :( Sigh...

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Hmm.
So he chose to unfriend you over the political/religious stuff you posted, and asked you a fairly reasonable question?

Okay, maybe he was really nasty about, in which case yeah, not nice; but what you meantion above by itself doesn't seem like something to lose sleep over, let alone feel like he's behaved awfully towards you/slighted you.

So he doesn't want to put up with stuff like that on Facebook, it's his decision to make; I doubt he wanted to hurt your feelings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

So anyway, I shared a photo that said "Marriage= One Man, One Woman". A gay man later defriended/blocked me over it and asked me "If I were to attend my brother's wedding if he was married to a man" (Of course not!).

Why is is that politics ALWAYS seems to bring out the worst in people? It's AWFUL. :( Sigh...
I got on - saw a lot of friends putting rainbows over their profile pics and saw all those posts and i left.
I'm trying so hard not to lose it.. for they know not what they do... and now im struggling against anger.
But my anger is not displaced if i solely focus on the sin and not the sinners...
I equally loathe abortion.
I have been offering up Masses to destroy abortion and gay marriage in this country.
We need more prayer warrior... more offerings...

I pity everyone - but im not sure i can further use FB right now until this garbage settles down.
Im trying to bite my tongue and be as patient as i can - so i need to just walk away for some time.
I seldom find myself so upset - but when it happens - i have to walk away, think, reflect and let patience and peace overcome me again...

So let ppl unfriend you - it will give you peace.

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
For all their talk about "tolerance" people on the side of same sex marriage are incredibly intolerant. But, that's how evil is.
Amen.

We cannot tolerate evil. especially now.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian

I haven't been on fb for quite some time. Not for that reason, but I could sure go there... when attempting to witness the Lord with family scorn, it is like casting pearls b4 swine.
Your case, ugh, I feel for you. It is such a disgusting in-your-face demand to accept their abomination, I sure don't want to get more of that. Thanks for your post, I'm deleting my fb today

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't been on fb for quite some time. Not for that reason, but I could sure go there... when attempting to witness the Lord with family scorn, it is like casting pearls b4 swine.
Your case, ugh, I feel for you. It is such a disgusting in-your-face demand to accept their abomination, I sure don't want to get more of that. Thanks for your post, I'm deleting my fb today
Sorry to hear that. :(

God Bless your faithfulness.

Reactions: Winepress777
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Happy to see lots of rainbow photos on my FB today, and also other people less than happy about it. The people with rainbows are happy and lighthearted, but the others are mean in response. One person said she wanted an eye roll icon for FB, others are deleting their FB. Go right ahead. Shrug.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Christ died for all, including those with same-sex attraction, so they do not have to live a life of sin. Christ cares about all people- but he does not want them to persevere in sin.

Disgusted with the pro-gay agenda. God have mercy on them.

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually wrote this quite awhile ago, but it seems appropriate right now:

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. Ezekiel 16:49-50 NIV

I am going to talk about what is probably the singularly most unpopular subject in modern Christianity: Sodom and Gomorrah.

The other morning my husband snorted at something he was reading in the Bible. I asked him what was funny. He said that when the mob of would be gang rapists were at Lot’s door, they said, “Who are you to judge us.” (insert haughty sniff here) At that point, I snorted too. Truly there is nothing new under the sun. Seriously, look at what it says:

“This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” Genesis 19:9

So, a loose translation of that would be: Who are you to judge us complete with haughty and offended sniff.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside -1 Corinthians 5:12-13

After I got over being amused something else struck me about this story: Lot wasn’t out telling these people what they could/couldn’t do. He understood that not everyone shared his beliefs, and that was A-Okay with Lot. But, he and HIS house were going to serve the LORD. Lot was in HIS house minding HIS own business, and evil came pounding on HIS door demanding he become complicit in their wickedness all the while accusing him of trying to force his beliefs on them.

The Bible doesn’t tell us for sure, but I am 99.99999% sure that Eve didn’t randomly go out and strike up a conversation with a serpent. The serpent came to her. The devil went to Jesus in the wilderness. It is not an accident that included in the Lord’s prayer are the words, “Deliver us from evil.” This is not a small thing. Evil is not content to merely be tolerated. You do not have a right to your beliefs. It will come pounding on your door, and demand you partake or at least become complicit. It will demand membership/full recognition in your church. If you happen to have enough of a spine to say, “You know what – you can do what you want, but you ain’t doing it here. This is not okay.” It will call you judgemental and unloving, and for a shocking number of Christians that is enough to make them crumble. That trick has worked better for Satan in the last 40 years or so than his standard, “Did God really say……?

When I was a kid we, in our ignorance, used to make fun of the Lord’s prayer and say, “Lead me not into temptation for I will find it myself.” I even had a button that said that. But, the truth is that I don’t need to go find it. It will come to me. But, will I give in or call out to the Lord to deliver me from evil? Nobody said it was going to be easy or fun. Does anyone imagine it was easy for Lot to walk away from his home? His sons chose to stay behind! He probably had friends there. Maybe even a job. But, nobody said it was going to be easy. I somehow don’t think Jesus was talking just to hear His voice when he told us we would have to take up our crosses.

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
OK,

So -

here we have a thread where the OP wants to reflect on why people get upset our politics. And for 13 posts everyone on it is complaining that they can't put up with either the rainbows warriors or the anti-gay marriage hysterical and both sides are claiming the other side in intolerant.

Here's my idea:

Let's all delete our facebook accounts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK,

So -

here we have a thread where the OP wants to reflect on why people get upset our politics. And for 13 posts everyone on it is complaining that they can't put up with either the rainbows warriors or the anti-gay marriage hysterical and both sides are claiming the other side in intolerant.

Here's my idea:

Let's all delete our facebook accounts.
You first.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As for Facebook, I spend a little time there. I like all the pictures my kids post of their kids. But I also follow a few Catholic pages. I follow a flaming liberal Catholic group, and a conservative group. Dissenting opinions are met with way more hate on the liberal group's page.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As for Facebook, I spend a little time there. I like all the pictures my kids post of their kids. But I also follow a few Catholic pages. I follow a flaming liberal Catholic group, and a conservative group. Dissenting opinions are met with way more hate on the liberal group's page.
I often have observed such tactics.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've had less problems in Facebook than I've had in this forum.

I haven't had anyone block me for posting pro-marriage stuff on my time line yet, but I know it's coming.

Jim

Upvote 0