Gregory Wilson

Jul 10, 2015
✟9,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was reading Ezekiel today, and found an amazing verse that is almost repeated exactly in Revelation 21:3!! God is talking in Ezekiel about Judah and Israel being united again with "David" king over them - but remember, Ezekiel is way after David lived... so I'm thinking this "David" is probably Yeshua/Jesus! Anyway, starting in Ezekiel 37:24, listen to this:

"My servant David will be king over them, and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statues and observe them. They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they and their sons and their sons' sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince FOREVER. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forever. My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people. And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever."

Then, compare the part in bold with Revelation 21:1 and following (specifically the bold part):

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Sounds amazingly similar! - He will set His sanctuary in their midst forever = the tabernacle of God is among men. My dwelling place also will be with them = He will dwell among them. And I will be their God, and they will be my people = and they shall be His people!!

Then, we see the new Jerusalem has the names of the twelve tribes of Israel on the gates..

In light of all this, could "David" be Yeshua/Jesus ruling over Israel, and could Israel include the Gentiles grafted in, in the new heavens and the new earth and the New Jerusalem -- (Revelation 21:22 - "I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb (David?/Jesus) are its temple")? Tell me your thoughts!

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading Ezekiel today, and found an amazing verse that is almost repeated exactly in Revelation 21:3!! God is talking in Ezekiel about Judah and Israel being united again with "David" king over them - but remember, Ezekiel is way after David lived... so I'm thinking this "David" is probably Yeshua/Jesus! Anyway, starting in Ezekiel 37:24, listen to this:

"My servant David will be king over them, and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statues and observe them. They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they and their sons and their sons' sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince FOREVER. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forever. My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people. And the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever."

Then, compare the part in bold with Revelation 21:1 and following (specifically the bold part):

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

Sounds amazingly similar! - He will set His sanctuary in their midst forever = the tabernacle of God is among men. My dwelling place also will be with them = He will dwell among them. And I will be their God, and they will be my people = and they shall be His people!!

Then, we see the new Jerusalem has the names of the twelve tribes of Israel on the gates..

In light of all this, could "David" be Yeshua/Jesus ruling over Israel, and could Israel include the Gentiles grafted in, in the new heavens and the new earth and the New Jerusalem -- (Revelation 21:22 - "I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb (David?/Jesus) are its temple")? Tell me your thoughts!

I believe Yshia will return to establish his kingdom on earth and make peace with Israel and the Gentiles after Israel repents and judgement is given to the Gentiles ...when Israel returns back to the lord from falling away they will establish the new covenant.....And yshia will build Ezekiel temple and reign for a 1000 years .. After the 1000 years there will be no need of the temple anymore because Hashem dwelling place which is new Jerusalem will come down to new earth ...

I believe Hashem has a body .. His tabernacle with men imo is Hashem physical presence living with man face to face ... Yes ..we will be able to embrace the father :)

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Just as Yeshua represents kol am yisrael, David also represented kedosh yisrael, the holy one of Yisrael. To separated out any part of Hashem's body is to mutilate his Word. Yes, I believe David was the forerunner of Yeshua who is the representation of not only David but the actual Elohim who represents all his creation. Yeshua et Adonai. David et Adonai, hem echad. They are one. Just as you represent your grandfather and thus your entire family (lineage) through your genes. Yeshua represents Yisrael, and all who attach themselves to us. He made the way for all humanity to be justified in the sight of hashem. And yes, it's a family thing..... You can't love the father if you don't love the children, because the father represents kol yeladim.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 37: 21- 28

21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”
When Yeshua the King returns he will gather the remnant of Israel and bring them back into our own land. He will make one nation of us, and will be the only King over all. He will forgive our sins and remember them no longer, cleansing us so that we will be his people, and He will be our God. Forever we will live there, and forever Yeshua will be King. He will make an everlasting covenant of peace with us, increasing our numbers greatly and dwell among us forever.

When will the nations know that Yeshua is LORD who sanctifies Yisrael?

The nations will know that God is Yeshua, who sets Israel apart as holy, when he comes to dwell with us forever.

Upvote 0

Gregory Wilson

Jul 10, 2015
✟9,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe Yshia will return to establish his kingdom on earth and make peace with Israel and the Gentiles after Israel repents and judgement is given to the Gentiles ...when Israel returns back to the lord from falling away they will establish the new covenant.....And yshia will build Ezekiel temple and reign for a 1000 years .. After the 1000 years there will be no need of the temple anymore because Hashem dwelling place which is new Jerusalem will come down to new earth ...

I believe Hashem has a body .. His tabernacle with men imo is Hashem physical presence living with man face to face ... Yes ..we will be able to embrace the father :)

Yes, sounds right.... I finished reading the rest of Ezekiel, and this city that is being talked about almost seems to be the New Jerusalem, with the exception that there is a temple there... I think in the New Jerusalem there is no temple because God and the Lamb are there. So that would make sense for there to be the Ezekiel city and temple, and THEN the New Jerusalem with no temple.

But it's crazy, some of the similarities... In Ezekiel 47:12, it talks about trees bearing every month, and leaves for healing, just like Rev. 22:2 says! Could it be at all possible that the city in Ezekiel IS the New Jerusalem? Also, in Ezekiel 48, the 12 gates of the city are named for the twelve tribes!! 3 gates in the north, 3 in the east, 3 in the south, 3 on the west! Just like the New Jerusalem - Rev. 21:12-13 -- "It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west."

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't :)... What's he saying ?
Son of David will sit on the throne..

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, sounds right.... I finished reading the rest of Ezekiel, and this city that is being talked about almost seems to be the New Jerusalem, with the exception that there is a temple there... I think in the New Jerusalem there is no temple because God and the Lamb are there. So that would make sense for there to be the Ezekiel city and temple, and THEN the New Jerusalem with no temple.

But it's crazy, some of the similarities... In Ezekiel 47:12, it talks about trees bearing every month, and leaves for healing, just like Rev. 22:2 says! Could it be at all possible that the city in Ezekiel IS the New Jerusalem? Also, in Ezekiel 48, the 12 gates of the city are named for the twelve tribes!! 3 gates in the north, 3 in the east, 3 in the south, 3 on the west! Just like the New Jerusalem - Rev. 21:12-13 -- "It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west."

The city of new Jerusalem is 1500 miles high ...1500 mile cube with no need of the sun and moon .. So whatever grows within the city will not be because of the seasons :)

I think the similarities of Ezekiel temple prophecies and the city is because it will foreshadow the future city that will come down from heaven...after Jesus reigns for 1000 years

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Wilson

Jul 10, 2015
✟9,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The city of new Jerusalem is 1500 miles high ...1500 mile cube with no need of the sun and moon .. So whatever grows within the city will not be because of the seasons :)

I think the similarities of Ezekiel temple prophecies and the city is because it will foreshadow the future city that will come down from heaven...after Jesus reigns for 1000 years
Yes I think you're right about the foreshadowing!

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

I think that Ez is the New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that Ez is the New Jerusalem.

Ez? Never mind

Ezekiel has a temple and its dimensions are a lot smaller compared the the city of new Jerusalem where there is no temple

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 37: 21- 28

21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. 23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”
When Yeshua the King returns he will gather the remnant of Israel and bring them back into our own land. He will make one nation of us, and will be the only King over all. He will forgive our sins and remember them no longer, cleansing us so that we will be his people, and He will be our God. Forever we will live there, and forever Yeshua will be King. He will make an everlasting covenant of peace with us, increasing our numbers greatly and dwell among us forever.

When will the nations know that Yeshua is LORD who sanctifies Yisrael?

The nations will know that God is Yeshua, who sets Israel apart as holy, when he comes to dwell with us forever.

Yes I agree

Israel will return again from her falling away to receive yeshua when he returns to save her ... It has been fortold that Israel will fall away to recieve another who comes in his own name .. But a remnant will return from her fallen state to receive yeshua and the new covenant

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The city of new Jerusalem is 1500 miles high ...1500 mile cube with no need of the sun and moon ..
Sounds like this:

latest

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like this:

latest

Now that is indeed a city to be sought after .. Seek the things above where messiah is ... And where our hearts should long after

Colossians 3:1-6

Matthew 6:19-21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Ok, but then what about the temple that we see in Ezekiel, whereas in the New Jerusalem, there is no temple, because God and the Lamb are the temple? Thanks.
If the temple understanding has changed from building to body, will you find the temple in the New Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Glory Glory Hallelu Yah.
Ezekiel.
4And the glory of the LORD cameinto the house by the way of the gatefacing toward the east. 5And the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.…

Ovadiah.
…17"But on Mount Zion there will be those who escape, And it will be holy. And the house of Jacob will possess their possessions. 18"Then the house of Jacobwill be a fire And the house of Joseph a flame;

Matthew.
…10The ax lies ready at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. 11I baptize you withwater for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whosesandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Upvote 0