Eye Salve & Bread??!!

karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is neat! Seems eye salve is linked with bread. : )

Karen

Revelation 3:14-19
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ ––and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked––I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."

Anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

The cure for spiritual blindness -- eye salve -- what is this?

The Greek word for "eye salve" is the word kollourion, transliterated "kollourion" which is the name of a then - popular type of eye salve that was made in Laodicea around the time that the Book of Revelation was written. The interesting thing about this eye salve is that it came in lumps shaped like small loaves of bread. In fact, the name is a diminutive form of the Greek word for a loaf of bread. So Jesus can be understood to be telling us to rub something into our eyes that is in some way related to bread. Now what could that thing be?

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

The cure for spiritual blindness -- daily bread -- the word of God. : )

Psalm 119:147-148
I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promises.

Matthew 6:11
Give us today our daily bread.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good;

Psalm 119:103
How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Come, eat, eat the bread of life the word of God --
That your strength may be renewed to run the spiritual race,
reach the
goal and win the prize.

That you may be awake with your eyes open and
your love for me kept strong and alive
thru the watches of the night.

psalm119_130.jpg

eoj

Dec 10, 2006
✟1,023.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amen!

Thank you Lord for working your goodness through our sister i just learned something new (anoint your eyes with eye salve) and thank you my friend for using your voice to uplift our wonderful and precious Holy Heavenly Father, The Great Holy Elaw (the GOD of Abraham!).

wooo hooo!!!

GOD IS GOOD! YaY!

:thumbsup: :clap: ^_^

Wishing you many blessings this day and everyday!

And you and your family and friends have a wonderful and terrific Christmas together!

God bless you

EOJ

Upvote 0

eoj

Dec 10, 2006
✟1,023.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is neat! Seems eye salve is linked with bread. : )

Karen

Revelation 3:14-19
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ ––and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked––I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."

Anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

The cure for spiritual blindness -- eye salve -- what is this?

The Greek word for "eye salve" is the word kollourion, transliterated "kollourion" which is the name of a then - popular type of eye salve that was made in Laodicea around the time that the Book of Revelation was written. The interesting thing about this eye salve is that it came in lumps shaped like small loaves of bread. In fact, the name is a diminutive form of the Greek word for a loaf of bread. So Jesus can be understood to be telling us to rub something into our eyes that is in some way related to bread. Now what could that thing be?

Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

The cure for spiritual blindness -- daily bread -- the word of God. : )

Psalm 119:147-148
I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promises.

Matthew 6:11
Give us today our daily bread.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the LORD is good;

Psalm 119:103
How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

That your strength may be renewed to run the spiritual race,
reach the
goal and win the prize.

That you may be awake with your eyes open and
your love for me kept strong and alive
thru the watches of the night.

psalm119_130.jpg

I love this photo! awesome!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us here.

:thumbsup: :hug:

Upvote 0