Extensive flooding in UK & more rain coming...

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please could you pray...

We are experiencing unprecented weather here in the UK. The ground is a saturation point, countless rivers have burst their banks, and we have more rain coming tonight & tomorrow...

We attended a family party yesterday, and it took 2 hours to make a 40 minute trip. we must have driven through 20 seperate floods on the way there. We passed dozens of cars which had literally been swept away, and many more whose engines had been flooded & died. Endless flooded houses & properties, and acres of flooded land. We only got through cos we have a diesel 4x4.

I have spoken to my sister today - their city (20 mins from us) have lost their water pumping station - 140,000 homes are now without water, and no way of knowing when it will be back - not before wednesday at the earliest. Her suburb is experiencing extensive & worsening water levels - their toilets are backing up with sewerage, and I know of several friends who are flooded already. My sister is bringing my nephews here for the week tomorrow (planned visit), and she & her husband may also stay - neither of them can work due to the water being out. We live up a hill, so are safe at home, but may still be stranded.

Our country is experiencing weather that has not been seen before - places which have never known flooding are underwater. The number of homes which are flooded now numbers hundreds of thousands, and the damage is in the 10s of billions.

We need your prayers...

EDIT: Now it seems their power sub-station is at high risk of flooding. 500,000 people risk loosing their power, not to mention the hospitals & emergency services. The River Severn is only 1ft below the flood defenses & rising. It is an incredibly powerful river - it has the second highest tide difference in the world - and it's currently running at 34ft deep... The army are going in just a bit further north...

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Please continue to pray.

See here for current news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6911226.stm

We have been told not to travel and that the drinking water supply is liable to fail today. Some of those whose homes have been flooded are coming to stay with us today as we live on higher ground.

There are those who have had to be evacuated for their own safety and the emergency services are running on adrenalin and exhaustion by now.

Upvote 0

baruch4

Jun 20, 2007
✟19,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
praying, with tks to the lord our redeemer of the spirit, the soul n the body, in christ jesus name n will.

121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

amen

Reactions: TankGirl
Upvote 0

TankGirl

I'm normal, it's everyone else who's stiff
Nov 4, 2002
Stroud
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you, my sisters...I pray for you & your loved ones, for them to be safe from fear & harm.

My sister lost power in the night, so is coming here to stay for the next few days. The water is steady, as the tide has gone back out, but things aren't looking good for when it turns back...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hazeleyes80

Contributor
Aug 19, 2004
South Carolina
✟15,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:prayer: I pray that the rain lets up and that the damage done is as minimal as possible. I pray that people come together and help each other in the aftermath of this disaster and that everyone's lives can get back to normal as quickly as possible. In Jesus' name. Amen. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums