Explosion That Killed 15 at Texas Fertilizer Plant Is Ruled Intentional

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Explosion That Killed 15 at Texas Fertilizer Plant Is Ruled Intentional
The fire that set off one of the worst industrial disasters in Texas history — the deadly explosion of a fertilizer plant in West, Tex., in 2013 — was intentionally set, federal officials announced on Wednesday.

The announcement by investigators with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives came three years after the explosion at the West Fertilizer Company plant on April 17, 2013. In the years since, law enforcement officials had never revealed a cause. They had previously said three possibilities were under consideration, including faulty electrical wiring, a short-circuit in an electrical golf cart and an intentional act of arson.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Wow that's insane. I'm guessing catching the person who did it is just about impossible now.
Not impossible, they did catch Eric Rudolph and Theodore Kaczynski, but it will likely be a tall order to get a suspect. I'm sure they have an idea of who to look at since this is likely not a random target... or they could just be clueless and are hoping to find a lead.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not impossible, they did catch Eric Rudolph and Theodore Kaczynski, but it will likely be a tall order to get a suspect. I'm sure they have an idea of who to look at since this is likely not a random target... or they could just be clueless and are hoping to find a lead.
True, I would just imagine that most if not all physical evidence is gone after that explosion.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
True, I would just imagine that most if not all physical evidence is gone after that explosion.
I assume the forensic evidence they have is whatever they got during the explosion. Considering they had three hypotheses about how the fire was started, it is likely that they have some information that will make more sense if they get more leads.

Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I thought as much when I saw the first reports three years ago. The blast reportedly registered a 2.1 on the Richter scale.
May justice find those responsible and hold them accountable. Fifteen lives lost and 12 of those were first responders. God rest their souls to eternal peace.

Upvote 0