Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BY JEFF GARDNER
MORRIS, Minn. —
I never expected to become the one Catholic journalist to be granted an interview with Paul Zachary (PZ) Myers, the notorious professor who profaned the Eucharist for his Internet audience.

Continued- http://ncregister.com/site/article/15575

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
TY for the update. A sad case for real.

"That Myers has the equivalent of a junior high school education in religion is glaring. He understands little about the history and function of the Catholic Church and even less about the place of the Eucharist in the lives of Catholics. When I told him that many have laid their lives on the line to protect the Blessed Sacrament, he recoiled in disbelief, saying, “Really? People really do that!?”

http://ncregister.com/site/article/15575

Poor man. :prayer: for Prof. Myers. May God bless Him and let him know it.

-Peace-

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Totally unbelievable. My mind is still spinnin after reading this horrible man's comments. One can almost feel sorry for him in his ignorance and disrespect to any Christian religion, expecially Catholics.

God have mercy.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bottom line is this... He needs our prayers. Lord have mercy on his soul. He may not answer for this here on earth... but one day, like all of us, he'll face God and have to answer for this one act. I don't think he truly understands or realizes that the "cracker" is truly the blood and body of Christ. (he is atheist after all). So, all we can do is pray for his soul and hope for a miracle and salvation for his soul.

This is a sad day when God and faith... religion is sooo disregarded and trumped all over and most people don't even have a clue or any sense of understanding that if the Church/religions can be trampled on in this way... any other religion... can be trampled on in the same way. It's like a religious type of genocide imho, not in the same way of mass murdering of Christians... but you get the jest, I hope.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“Oh, it’s not hatred,” he said. “It’s contempt.”

I think I might make that my signature. :)

I wonder why he didn't desecrate a pre-filled,sealed, individual communion cup of grape juice instead.

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Main Entry: con·tempt Pronunciation: \k&#601;n-&#712;tem(p)t\ Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin contemptus, from contemnere Date: 14th century 1 a: the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : disdain b: lack of respect or reverence for something2: the state of being despised3: willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative body <contempt of court>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Main Entry: 1hate Pronunciation: \&#712;h&#257;t\ Function: noun Usage: often attributive Etymology: Middle English, from Old English hete; akin to Old High German haz hate, Greek k&#275;dos care Date: before 12th century 1 a: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b: extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>2: an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business &#8212; F. L. Paxson>

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What my interpretation is of his hate verses contempt.. is that he doesn't "fear the Eucharist" - by hating it.

Where as, he despises it... and it is disdained in his eyes.

Wow... this is absolutely pathetic for any one to feel this way about the Eucharist. For someone who doesn't believe in God (athiest) or the Eucharist to hate it or have contempt for it is somewhat ironic and a contradiction imho.

I mean, how can a person have contempt or hate for something that they don't believe in? It doesn't make sense. If I don't believe in something.. well... why have any feelings against or for something that I don't even acknowledge as being there? It's just odd for an athiest to go to that much trouble.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Someone explain to me the difference between "hatred" and "contempt". What is the fine line between the two?

I didn't see a difference, that's why I posted the quote and I think it's why it got printed in the article.

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What he did was like trying to kill flies that he thinks do not exist. Militant atheism in not irrelligiosity, is negative religiosity.
The point is by actively oposing religion they are legitimizing, look at the communists.
If he claims that no religion is better, why do not just ignore it and come with humoristic put down.
Humour is a more efective tool of atheists that outrage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I mean, how can a person have contempt or hate for something that they don't believe in? It doesn't make sense. If I don't believe in something.. well... why have any feelings against or for something that I don't even acknowledge as being there? It's just odd for an athiest to go to that much trouble.

The fact that he went after the Eucharist and not a cup of grape juice speaks volumes to me. I've always maintained that it must take great faith to be an atheist. His actions indicate to me that there must be something truly sacred about the Eucharist for it to be a target of his contempt.

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is what was interesting between the two words:

hate has fear, anger, or sense of injury b: extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing, meaning extreme disgust.

contempt has 1 a: the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : disdain b: lack of respect or reverence for something2: the state of being despised3: willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative

So, the man has no respect for basically anything, especially religion. He "chooses" to do what he does, openly and conciously.

Like I said before, almost makes me feel sorry for him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.