IKTCA

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2003
✟18,959.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
..... I desire mercy, not sacrifice ....... (Matthew 12:7)

I must have read this more than hundred times. But only recently I came to understand it. I am certain many of you have known this for years by now.

No one sacrifices to a man. He does to God.
No one gives mercy to God. He gives mercy to another man.

God wants me to be more diligent with being merciful to my neighbor/coworker than giving sacrifice to him. Though I spend this entire evening for devotion to the Lord, if I am unkind to the least of my coworkers tomorrow morning, the Lord will not be pleased.

I remember 1 Corinthians 13:1-2.

Though I pray long hours to the Lord speaking tongues of men and angels,
if I have no love for the least of my coworkers,
I have become sounding brass or clanging cymbals.

Though I understand all mysteries and can teach many believers of this nation,
if I am unkind to the least of this forum,
I am nothing.

I remember a recent thread on Ephesians 3:20. God wants to see us (the community of church) united in mutual love and respect more than being worshiped by us.

I desire to know the depth of His heart for me and my brothers as I continue to read the scriptures and pray. Amen.

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

God wants me to be more diligent with being merciful to my neighbor/coworker than giving sacrifice to him.

Thanks, I needed that!

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I must have read this more than hundred times. But only recently I came to understand it. I am certain many of you have known this for years by now.

No one sacrifices to a man. He does to God.
No one gives mercy to God. He gives mercy to another man.

God wants me to be more diligent with being merciful to my neighbor/coworker than giving sacrifice to him. Though I spend this entire evening for devotion to the Lord, if I am unkind to the least of my coworkers tomorrow morning, the Lord will not be pleased.

I remember 1 Corinthians 13:1-2.

Though I pray long hours to the Lord speaking tongues of men and angels,
if I have no love for the least of my coworkers,
I have become sounding brass or clanging cymbals.

Though I understand all mysteries and can teach many believers of this nation,
if I am unkind to the least of this forum,
I am nothing.

I remember a recent thread on Ephesians 3:20. God wants to see us (the community of church) united in mutual love and respect more than being worshiped by us.

I desire to know the depth of His heart for me and my brothers as I continue to read the scriptures and pray. Amen.
Most Excellent...I don't guess I have ever noticed that either....thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 12:7 is an interesting verse, which marries up with Matthew 9:13 and Hosea 6:6.

These few words is our Lord Jesus Christ’s expression that HIS Father is more interested in a person’s loyal LOVE than in the observance of external rituals, as HE came ‘to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance”, when HE was talking to Matthew the “tax collector”.

Even today, many who have the same “from of godliness and righteouseness” as Pharasees are not as such as they perceive themselves because of their dutiful and conscientious keeping of the law of rules and principles of dogma. We all need to realise that any sacrifice without “MERCY” is worthless.

This is where the “head knowledge” of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Almighty God today is worthless without a sacrifice of “MERCY” as a genuine recognition of HIS authority that produces obedience and discipline to HIS Commandments.

It’s the same as when Christians start going on about Spiritual Gifts and start measuring them by a measuring stick, when Spiritual Gifts are desired in LOVE, and for no other reasons of proof that we are HIS Children.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.