• Don't belive in evolution

Results are only viewable after voting.

Asycthian

Feb 13, 2010
✟298.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I belive in evolution and ive heard that many christians don't ive yet to hear any arguments. im not saying ive heard some and their invalid, no ive actually never been told why, so lemme hear some please and ill debate or agree as accodrdingly

Evolution simply has never been observed.

For example i have several pets, some are several years old. Yet they haven't evolved. How will the evolutionist respond to this? Here's what they will say:

''no you stupid creationist. how do you espect something to evolve in only a few years! it takes millions.''

Yet, Millions of years is not observable. Evolution is based on this fairy tale logic of vast periods of time.

Upvote 0

Idonotagree

Feb 17, 2010
✟15,138.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
but there are fossils that show the evolution of man over time we share a large amount of the same dna with apes and in plenty parts of the world i.e. galopegos islands the animals show to have adapted to their surrounding through evolution, whos to say god doesnt spark evolution or the mutations that cause them?

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion

For example i have several pets, some are several years old. Yet they haven't evolved. How will the evolutionist respond to this? Here's what they will say:

''no you stupid creationist. how do you espect something to evolve in only a few years! it takes millions.''

Yet, Millions of years is not observable. Evolution is based on this fairy tale logic of vast periods of time.

*epic facepalm*

(I hope you are kidding.)

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
False

Wrong. This "evolutionist" will simply state that populations evolve, not individuals.
Gravity is not observable either, although I've fallen several times.
Heck Ive never even seen electricity (although I have seen the emission of visible light that accompanies static electricity)

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Also i suppose we are to ignore plants, plants die and reproduce at a much quicker larger scale so in plants we can observe a slight evolution now and again as certain plants adapt to environment change
Of course we shouldn't ignore plants. Populations of lifeforms evolve, and, of course, that includes plants (despite what some people on these forums believe).

Upvote 0

Asycthian

Feb 13, 2010
✟298.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
but there are fossils that show the evolution of man over time we share a large amount of the same dna with apes and in plenty parts of the world i.e. galopegos islands the animals show to have adapted to their surrounding through evolution, whos to say god doesnt spark evolution or the mutations that cause them?

1. Fossils arn't conclusive evidence for anything. They are dead, not alive; therefore they can only be interpreted by man.

Evolutionist's have their interpretation, creationist's have theirs, even other religions have their own different interpretations.

<staff edit>

2. DNA isn't evidence for anything, nor is it even proven, it's based on the Atomic theory, which was invented by Atheistic materialists. Anyway, evolutionist's themselves don't use DNA to prove evolution, since they maintain man shares over 60% DNA with a banana. So did we all evolve from a banana, or other fruit and veg?

3. I wouldn't trust a word from Darwin. For those who don't know, the man had no scientific qualification whatsoever and was a college drop out.

4. The belief in evolution is anti-Biblical. The Bible and belief in evolution and not compatable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, it has.

Historical contingency and the evolution of a key innovation in an experimental population of Escherichia coli â&#8364;&#8221; PNAS

No, any 10th grade student would actually tell you that organisms don't evolve within their own lifetime. :doh:

Yet, Millions of years is not observable.

Really?

This is the Andromeda galaxy. It is 2.5 million light years away.

M31_Lanoue.png

And here's some more.

fossil-2.jpg

Evolution is based on this fairy tale logic of vast periods of time.

No, Evolution is based on scientific research. You may think that the "vast periods of time" thing was a weak point, but it isn't.

Reactions: LightHorseman
Upvote 0

Idonotagree

Feb 17, 2010
✟15,138.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You say the bible and evolution arent compatible, OK so god created us in his own image? we have egos and overexagerate, what if god cant just create a self image in the snap of a finger maybe it takes time and carful preperation and working up to it or maybe to him millions of years is a snap of a finger, i mean if you "have always been" millions of years is just a short time compared to a time that has NO begining also the poster who said 10th grade was close, im a junior

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Idonotagree

Feb 17, 2010
✟15,138.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's an atheist website, in fact run, or originally funded, by a transexual called Mary Ann Horton (formally Mark R, Horton, before their sex change).

No thanks.

what does it being run by a transexual have anything to do with it? and why do you consider people who belive evolution to be athiest, im agnostic wich is a gigantic difference

Reactions: united4Peace
Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That's an atheist website, in fact run, or originally funded, by a transexual called Mary Ann Horton (formally Mark R, Horton, before their sex change).

No thanks.

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, also, you aren't allowed to make claims about people that aren't factually supported. I dispute the fact that Mary Ann Horton was born biologically male and underwent a sex change.

Upvote 0

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

No thanks.

This is a post made by a Christian who actually believes in a flat earth. Pfft... no thanks.

See how I can turn general statements into thinly veiled insults and then use them to produce nonsensical ad hominem attacks too?

Attacking the person only shows that you can't attack the argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Asycthian

Feb 13, 2010
✟298.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single

repeating a post i made in the other thread:

A wikipedia article isn't evidence for anything. It's not a valid source. It's a heavily biased website, edited and moderated by Atheists, it's founders were even Atheists (Jimmy Wales it's co-founder is a well known Atheist, following an Atheistic philosophical school called ''Objectivism'').

If i currently pasted you a creationist website, you would deny it, so stop spamming atheist websites here, they don't add to your arguement, and i don't click on them.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
repeating a post i made in the other thread:

A wikipedia article isn't evidence for anything. It's not a valid source. It's a heavily biased website, edited and moderated by Atheists, it's founders were even Atheists (Jimmy Wales it's co-founder is a well known Atheist, following an Atheistic philosophical school called ''Objectivism'').

If i currently pasted you a creationist website, you would deny it, so stop spamming atheist websites here, they don't add to your arguement, and i don't click on them.

Except the difference is that I would reject your Creationist site not because of their religious beliefs but because the authors aren't qualified experts in the field they are critiquing.

Upvote 0

Idonotagree

Feb 17, 2010
✟15,138.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And why are you speaking of athiests like their the devil, your doing nothing but showing prejiduce and embarrasing yourself athiest or christian it doesnt matter their people and the people linking the sites are just trying to present an argument, on top of that unlike christians athiests dont base their studies or websites i.e. wikipedia around their beliefs they dont belive in gos so they dont obsess over the fact of his in their eyes "non existance"

Upvote 0