Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Skip to:
10:00 ignorance / argument from authority / "credential mongering"
25:20 transitional fossils
50:00 for human evolution.
58:00 DNA comparisons.
1:00:00 creationism and cognitive dissonance.
1:03:20 the world is black & white for creationists
1:05:00 why reality matters
1:06:50 when science is ignored
1:08:50 the creationist agenda
1:12:00 American students rate lowest among indust. nations in science
1:19:18 Carl Sagan quote FTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a fantastic primer for creationists/id'ists/cdesign proponentsists.
Fossil evolution 101. It's a bit long, but one of the best synopsis of fossil evolution on the tube.

Enjoy!
Enjoy what?

This guy is mixing creationism with the fossil record.

At first, he says something I totally agree with: 'Creation science is a contradiction in terms.'

Then, the next thing you know, he's talking about the fossil record.

What does the fossil record have to do with creationism?

I noticed how he subtlety went from "creation science," which he called a 'contradiction in terms,' to "creationism," which has nothing to do with creation science.

In fact, look at his cartoon at 20:27.

It show's Noah's Ark, full of holes, a missing puzzle piece for the door and ... get this ... the Ark is named CREATIONISM.

Let me give you students of creationism some good advice:

1. Don't ever call it anything other than what it is: Creationism.

When debating with evolutionists, you can use terms like "the creation week" or "day one of the creation" or whatever.

But do not refer to it as "Intelligent Design" or "Creation Science."

2. Never ... ever ... let the conversation stray from the creation week, or the conversation is over.

Discussing the Fall, the Flood, the fossil record, or anything outside of Genesis 1 will kill the conversation.

And I guarantee you, you'll get pwned, and you'll deserve it.

I haven't watched it all yet, but I watched the first 21 minutes of it, and I'm going to watch it again.

I suggest creationists do the same.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1:00:00 creationism and cognitive dissonance.
He says he can put transitional fossils right in front of creationists (like Wendy Wright) and they'll claim they don't see transitional fossils.

Let him try that with me.

I'll claim those fossils came well after the Creation Week.

I'll explain to him that, if he wants to call it Creation Science or Intelligent Design ... fine ... then he has a point.

But do not refer to it as Creationism, or I'll correct him.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious as to what they are, since I'm such a believer in the fossil record being nothing more than a game of connect-the-dots.

Maybe it'll come out in the video.

I'll find out though.

I imagine he will show a lot of connect-the-dot slides ... but we'll see.

In the 21 minutes I watched, I told myself, "It takes a computer to store all that information and spit out the information they are seeking. Probably after several tries."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is a fantastic primer for creationists/id'ists/cdesign proponentsists.
Fossil evolution 101. It's a bit long, but one of the best synopsis of fossil evolution on the tube.

Enjoy!

oh great, another propaganda tube video. What you shoul notice there are no chimpanzee fossils in the fossil record. Not because They were never discovered but because chimpanzee ancestors are passed of as our ancestors. Taung could was regarded as a chimpanzee for almost half a century till the demise of the Piltdown hoax. Lucy's skull is small even for a chimpanzee. Once Richard Leaky to illustrate how hominid evolution worked scribbled circles on a white board. To understand Darwinian evolution you must put God as cause out of reality in your mind and whatever is left is called evolution.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
To understand Darwinian evolution you must put God as cause out of reality in your mind and whatever is left is called evolution.
Be fair, Mark. It's not God as a cause you have to put out of your mind, it's the first two chapters of Genesis as literal history. I know its hard for some to separate God and the account of creation in the Bible, but many do and to accuse them of denying God as creator is inaccurate at best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
oh great, another propaganda tube video. What you shoul notice there are no chimpanzee fossils in the fossil record. Not because They were never discovered but because chimpanzee ancestors are passed of as our ancestors. Taung could was regarded as a chimpanzee for almost half a century till the demise of the Piltdown hoax. Lucy's skull is small even for a chimpanzee. Once Richard Leaky to illustrate how hominid evolution worked scribbled circles on a white board. To understand Darwinian evolution you must put God as cause out of reality in your mind and whatever is left is called evolution.
You feeling ok, mate?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Right as rain, studied the fossils extensively and it's laughable how normal apes are passed off as proto¬human.
We, are "normal" apes, mate.

You haven't watched the video, have you?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Be fair, Mark. It's not God as a cause you have to put out of your mind, it's the first two chapters of Genesis as literal history. I know its hard for some to separate God and the account of creation in the Bible, but many do and to accuse them of denying God as creator is inaccurate at best.
Actually I think I'm being more then fair, even generous. This has nothing to do with Genesis, this is how argument from credulity indocytinate the masses. They propagate fables and myths calling it science then demonize the true history of man. Darwinian evolution is little more then a pagan myth.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Actually the ancestors that chimpanzees have never seemed to have left the jungle. Their environment is far to wet for bones to be preserved. The ancestors of ours that we have records of are after they left the damp jungle and moved to the dry and open plains. You do realize that most of the species, especially land based species, did not leave a fossil record of their existence, don't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually I think I'm being more then fair, even generous. This has nothing to do with Genesis, this is how argument from credulity indocytinate the masses. They propagate fables and myths calling it science then demonize the true history of man. Darwinian evolution is little more then a pagan myth.
Skip to 1:00:00

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We, are "normal" apes, mate.

You haven't watched the video, have you?
No We are not apes, we have a cranial capacity three times that of apes. We have populated every environmental space on the planet and never speciated. The gorrillas and chimpanzees both have. Ape has always been in counter distinction to man, not that taxonomic nomenclature ever proved anything.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No We are not apes, we have a cranial capacity three times that of apes. We have populated every environmental space on the planet and never speciated. The gorrillas and chimpanzees both have. Ape has always been in counter distinction to man, not that taxonomic nomenclature ever proved anything.
Like "kinds."

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the ancestors that chimpanzees have never seemed to have left the jungle. Their environment is far to wet for bones to be preserved. The ancestors of ours that we have records of are after they left the damp jungle and moved to the dry and open plains. You do realize that most of the species, especially land based species, did not leave a fossil record of their existence, don't you?
What I do know is that Kenya and Tanzinia were home to the vast majority of hominid fossils. Which is not that far from the Savannah of central Africa. They obviously migrated as far as the Congo in the west, No reason their ancestors couldn't have migrated the same space to the east. The only chimpanzee fossils ever recognized as ancestral chimpanzee were found in Oldovia Gorge, where the Leaky family got famous fabricating the handy man myths.

Upvote 0