Evolution is a true theory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChristianSoldier07

It seems that very often creationists want to discount evolution, but generaly they no not understand the evolutionary theory. But also, they want to push creationism to be taught in schools, but many creationists do not understand that ultimatly so called 'facts' cannot disprove evolution. Creationism is something which requires faith. Science cannot accept that. Evolution is really the only credable scientific theory to address biologic history. It is vain to argue with someone over the interpritation of data and observations.

I Tim. 6:20
"O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and opposing arguments of what is falsely called 'knowledge'"

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Please, guys, this isn't the area for debate. This is the creationist sub-forum and debate is restricted to the main Origins Theology board. Feel free to start a thread in the main board or send me a PM if you would like a supply of some of the various evidences for evolutionary theory, Poke. ChristianSoldier07, I'd suggest re-starting this thread in the main OT forum.

Upvote 0
C

ChristianSoldier07

I started it here because everyone else accepts evolution as a valid scientific theory, where as the creationists tend to hear evolution and immediatly ignore what is being said, discounting it as a fairy tale. I ment to encourage creationists to look at the theory before judging it. So often, evolutionists simplely 'blow off' creationists because creationists don't bother to understand what they are arguing against, making all creationists looking like idiots.

Upvote 0

vossler

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2004
Asheville NC
✟19,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's still not a valid reason to start such a thread here, I highly recommend you follow Dannager's advice and take this to the main forum. Most of the 'idiots' here won't welcome your attempt to educate us within this subforum, no matter how sincere it may be.

Reactions: FallingWaters
Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ChristianSoldier07 said:
I started it here because everyone else accepts evolution as a valid scientific theory, where as the creationists tend to hear evolution and immediatly ignore what is being said, discounting it as a fairy tale. I ment to encourage creationists to look at the theory before judging it. So often, evolutionists simplely 'blow off' creationists because creationists don't bother to understand what they are arguing against, making all creationists looking like idiots.
That didn't mean it was true. And I looked at the evolutionary theory before I was a Christian. Look up ... I'm 54. I didn't become a Christian until I was almost 41. I believed the theory once, but no more. I came to realize that there is as much faith, if not more, involved in accepting the concept of uncontrolled, accidental evolution, than there is in accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.

And to think that God would start things in motion and remain hands-off is to completely miss the reality of Who God is. God has never remained hands-off in anything He has done, and the Genesis creation story is an accurate and factual portrayal of how we got here.

Reactions: FallingWaters
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IisJustMe said:
I came to realize that there is as much faith, if not more, involved in accepting the concept of uncontrolled, accidental evolution, than there is in accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.
That's weird. Claiming that with solid, consistent Scientific Evidence evaluated and confirmed through the application of the Scientific Method, there is no evidence, only faith? What a bizarre claim.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
steen said:
That's weird. Claiming that with solid, consistent Scientific Evidence evaluated and confirmed through the application of the Scientific Method, there is no evidence, only faith? What a bizarre claim.[/font][/font]
And after you do, let's send it to Kent Hovind and collect the $250,000 he offers for such proof. I'll split it with you 30/70, me taking the short end.

:cool: :p :confused:

Upvote 0

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IisJustMe said:
And after you do, let's send it to Kent Hovind and collect the $250,000 he offers for such proof. I'll split it with you 30/70, me taking the short end.
Ah, the disingenuity of Hovind. What is it that is required to meet Hovind's challenge? Please tell us the precise level of evidence that is needed. Oh, you forgot? Well, let me help you. It is to meet whatever arbitrary goal Hovind has set, which is not really specified anywhere.

This is as bogus as the creationist description of "kind" which is always one step further than what the research shows. Uhum. next time, perhaps you won't ally yourself with stark dishonesty and deliberate fraudulence?

Or will you? You still don't seem to have the faintest clue what Evolution is, or even what Science is. So I frankly can't pay much attention to you until you start being honest and serious rather than ridiculing.

Upvote 0

Proselyte

Apr 13, 2006
The OC
✟15,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ChristianSoldier07 said:
It seems that very often creationists want to discount evolution, but generaly they no not understand the evolutionary theory. But also, they want to push creationism to be taught in schools, but many creationists do not understand that ultimatly so called 'facts' cannot disprove evolution. Creationism is something which requires faith. Science cannot accept that. Evolution is really the only credable scientific theory to address biologic history. It is vain to argue with someone over the interpritation of data and observations.

I Tim. 6:20
"O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and opposing arguments of what is falsely called 'knowledge'"

Evolution is an unproven theory, with many gaps and constant modifications. It cannot be scientifically replicated. Where are the transitional fossils? Where are the missing links? There are too many questions unanswered.

Why would a Bible loving Christian support an incomplete, man-made theory under going constant revisions over the simple story of Creation laid out in Genesis? I think a lot of it has to do with avoiding "scorn" by peers who will think you ignorant for accepting something so simplistic as that. Yet the Bible easily explains our origins, while the infant theory of Evolution labors on, assimilating and casting out new aspects which just lead to more questions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.