Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dal M. said:
I missed it. Could someone provide a synopsis?
It has been discovered that Homor is the missing link.

"The Monkey Suit "
1721 F77822 SI-1714
Original Airdate: 05/14/06
After visiting an evolution exhibit, Ned Flanders pushes Mayor Quimby to appoint Reverend Lovejoy as a "Morality Czar" in charge of spreading the theory of creationism. Darwin's theories are quickly outlawed and Lisa finds herself as the only supporter of the scientific theory. Lisa is later arrested for holding secret evolution classes and is forced to defend her beliefs in front of a judge. In the 11th hour, Marge stumbles across one of Lisa's textbooks, changes her view and helps her daughter to call Ned Flanders to the stand. Homer’s antics cause Ned to crack under pressure and call Homer an ape which leads the judge to believe that Homer resembles the missing link that the prosecutors were basing their argument and the case falls apart.

Upvote 0
G

GoSeminoles!

ImmortalTechnique said:
NOW on FOX... it looks to be good so far

It was a reasonably funny episode, as well. Between the Simpsons, Family Guy, Kitzmiller, the Dover elections, Ohio, Hurst v Newman, George Will, the Vatican's scientists, and the impending butt-kicking at the Kansas polls it must really suck to be a creationist right now.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
GoSeminoles! said:
it must really suck to be a creationist right now.

Not as much as it is going to "sucK" to be thrown into the lake of fire. You always have to look at the alternative.

Rev. 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
GoSeminoles! said:
It was a reasonably funny episode, as well. Between the Simpsons, Family Guy, Kitzmiller, the Dover elections, Ohio, Hurst v Newman, George Will, the Vatican's scientists, and the impending butt-kicking at the Kansas polls it must really suck to be a creationist right now.

Eh, creationists will just cry "persecution!" and carry on as always.

If anything, the fact that they have a never-ending fight that they can never win will keep them going indefinitely.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dal M. said:
I missed it. Could someone provide a synopsis?
Linky

I think it did a good job of presenting the ol' godly creationism VS satanic evolution deception as well. Nothing like exploiting people's theistic beliefs to trick them into thinking that rejecting creationism is the same thing as rejecting God, eh creationists? Nothing like a few appeals to emotion to make up for a position's factual shortcomings.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟15,392.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
Not as much as it is going to "sucK" to be thrown into the lake of fire. You always have to look at the alternative.
Thankfully, real Christians recognize that we are saved through faith in Christ alone, and not through our disbelief in evolution.
Shame on you, John.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mallon said:
Thankfully, real Christians recognize that we are saved through faith in Christ alone, and not through our disbelief in evolution. Shame on you, John.

Actually shame on you. As usual evos twist it all around. I said it had to do with our belief in Creationism, not evolutionism. Creationism has been around for thousand of years. Evolution has only been around for a very brief moment in time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟15,392.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
Actually shame on you. As usual evos twist it all around. I said it had to do with our belief in Creationism, not evolutionism.
Your last post implied that if we do not believe in creationism (i.e. disbelief in evolution, as I said), that we would "burn in the lake of fire". You need sore reminding that Christianity =/= Creationism. And if you cannot see otherwise, then perhaps the only soul you should be fretting about right now is your own.

Creationism has been around for thousand of years. Evolution has only been around for a very brief moment in time.
Your point is moot. The amount of time an idea has been in practice has no bearing on whether or not it is right.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
LittleNipper said:
Actually, the Simpson's parody may be a comic flip to what has been experianced by creationists in the past at the hands of those promoting a seperation of chuch and STATE CONTROLLED AND MANIPULATED EDUCATION......
It is our Constitution that "promotes" a separation of church and state. If you don't like our Constitution, I suggest you go establish a Theocracy on some island in the Pacific. That way you can CONTROL AND MANIPULATE the education of the starfish and sea urchins there and outlaw the evil doctrine of Darwinism.

Upvote 0

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hydra009 said:
Linky

I think it did a good job of presenting the ol' godly creationism VS satanic evolution deception as well. Nothing like exploiting people's theistic beliefs to trick them into thinking that rejecting creationism is the same thing as rejecting God, eh creationists? Nothing like a few appeals to emotion to make up for a position's factual shortcomings.

Thanks a lot.

I'm impressed by how hard the episode came down on creationists' methods. Skinner's "this video here will evade your questions!" (or whatever) was particularly awesome.

Upvote 0

livingword26

Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Split Rock said:
It is our Constitution that "promotes" a separation of church and state. If you don't like our Constitution, I suggest you go establish a Theocracy on some island in the Pacific. That way you can CONTROL AND MANIPULATE the education of the starfish and sea urchins there and outlaw the evil doctrine of Darwinism.

I like the constitution just fine. What it "promotes" is that the government keeps it's nose out of religion, which is just the opposite of what is being done.

Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Upvote 0