Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn't evolutionists who shave be reminded of what they used to look like?

Or would that put the shaving industry out of business?
I am pretty sure, AV1611VET, that you would classify me as an "evolutionist", and I can assure you that a razor has not touched my face in forty years. Shaving became popular when Alexander "the Great" wanted to look younger for his boyfriends. When a chimp or a baboon wishes to show submission, he turns around and presents his [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. When a human wishes to show submission, he shaves.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am pretty sure, AV1611VET, that you would classify me as an "evolutionist", and I can assure you that a razor has not touched my face in forty years. Shaving became popular when Alexander "the Great" wanted to look younger for his boyfriends. When a chimp or a baboon wishes to show submission, he turns around and presents his [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. When a human wishes to show submission, he shaves.

I went to see the doctor recently and she asked me if I was a scientist. Her reasoning was that I hadn't shaved for about two weeks and that is, apparently, typical of scientists. I suppose my spectacles and field gear type clothing added to the impression but I was still a bit nonplussed to be honest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟735,003.00
Faith
Humanist

Does the same thing go for christians who shave?
Leviticus 19:27 said:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I went to see the doctor recently and she asked me if I was a scientist. Her reasoning was that I hadn't shaved for about two weeks and that is, apparently, typical of scientists. I suppose my spectacles and field gear type clothing added to the impression but I was still a bit nonplussed to be honest.
Were you wearing a pocket protector?

Upvote 0

JasonClark

May 24, 2015
✟840.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm sure I am right when I say this, (for my part anyway) the only people who talk about evolution are creationists, people who accept evolution rarely even mention it.

Creationist it seems are obsessed with it because they must know (by now) that they are fighting a fight they can never win, not that winning has ever been the aim,
the aim has always been to keep the believers thinking they are going to win soon, generations of believers all hear the same tired worn out words their parents heard before them, lucky for creationists there are no thinkers or people with memories amongst them or they might just think 'I have been here before and I got knocked back the last time as well, is it possible that I could be wrong? should I check this argument out?'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure I am right when I say this, (for my part anyway) the only people who talk about evolution are creationists, people who accept evolution rarely even mention it.
You may be certain, but you are, in this case. obviously wrong. Don't feel bad. Certainty, like anger or lust, has nothing to do with evidence. It is a neurological response to mental exhaustion, or fear. When thought becomes difficult or causes emotional discomfort, people become certain, shutting off thought.
Biologists discuss evolution all the time. Evolution is a fascinating subject, and The Origin of Species was a more revolutionary work than Newton's Principia. Moreover, what creationists "talk about" is not evolution, it is a straw-man that has nothing to do with evolution except the use of the term, and is based on either a misunderstanding or a deliberate misrepresentation of evolution.
Religion is a refusal to confront reality. And just as the Hebrews mutilate their genitals to bind them socially, and others shave their faces to indicate social submission, religious folks mutilate their intellects to show their submission to the group. As some wag wonce remarked, "It isn't really religion if it isn't absurd." Christians, for instance, assert with a straight face that their god impregnated his own mother with himself as the offspring. I remember a humorous song form my youth called I'm My Own Grampaw, but Christians do that one generation better with a straight face. To anyone who is not a Christian this dogma is simply ridiculous, but to Christians this is a fundamental article of faith, one of several such beliefs that are nonsensical to "the worldly mind."

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I want to be reminded of what I looked like, I only need to look at the photos of me. (Or look in the mirror , though the image in the mirror is only about 3 nanoseconds old)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does the same thing go for christians who shave?

Leviticus 19:27 said:
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

Sun-god priests would shave a circular bald spot on their heads to identify themselves as priests of Ra. The Egyptians would also shape and wrap their beards into a phallic symbol.

It is thought that the skull cap worn by Catholic priests and Jews (the beanie and yamaka) is a remnant of that ancient idolatrous priesthood, and was (ironically) intended to protect the shaved area of the head from exposure to the hot sun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost Angel

מָ֫וֶת
Apr 1, 2013
✟15,969.00
Faith
Agnostic

I have photographs reminding me of my younger appearance. I lacked easily visible hair on most of my body. There was there, but it grew thinner and and much shorter strand life.

I am an offspring of a line of thick hair on the top of the head, but lacking thickness and volume on the body.

Humans vary, but I would guess that it has been many many generations since typical full body thick strand hair to be normal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.