Evolution and Logical Fallacies - Dr. Jason Lisle

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, but no thanks, Steve. Without getting into a long story here, I have given careful study to creation science and found far too much funny business going on there for me to even begin to take it seriously from a scientific or theological standpoint.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks, but no thanks, Steve. Without getting into a long story here, I have given careful study to creation science and found far too much funny business going on there for me to even begin to take it seriously from a scientific or theological standpoint.

I am totally in your camp. The video I posted above is a REBUTTAL of Lisle who is a young earth creationist from th Institute for Creation Research.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am totally in your camp. The video I posted above is a REBUTTAL of Lisle who is a young earth creationist from th Institute for Creation Research.
The very first point he pretend the DNA is not information. That's not a rebuttal that's complete nonsense.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of the things Jason left out is the DNA is not the only form of information in a living cell. The living cell itself has the ability to permit DNA to change in hot spots in order to find a ways around a problem but often it comes at a cost. It just like a computer program can use trial and error to fine tune a solution to a problem... thus adding information. The computer program itself requires a huge amount of information. The amount of information gain by a random process is very limited.

Reactions: dece870717
Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what is funny about it?

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am throwing the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] flag all over your so called rebuttal of this video. Please go and learn some real science. You probably don't even understand basic physics, which does not support evolution (which is what Lisle is saying). Please get real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I appears to me, Dingdong, bot be nothing more than a propaganda mill. I say that because there are far too major behaviors there that seriously violate the standards for truly scientific research. Just to name a few: presenting bogus credentials is illegitimate, presenting the unqualified judgments of unqualified individuals on sensitive scientific matters is illegitimate, plagiarizing is illegitimate, presenting one's religious beliefs as unquestionable is illegitimate, presenting one's beliefs as the sole criterion by which to judge the validity of scientific findings is illegitimate, presenting deliberately falsified information is illegitimate, etc. I could go on and on. I also can give many specific examples here. For example, the moon-dust argument has been debunked, the human-footprints-wit-the dinosaurs-argument has been debunked, the Darwin's-finches argument has been debunked, the variable-c argument has been debunked. Now, all this has been admitted by the creation-science community, and yet creation-science people continue to present these arguments. As to bogus degrees, check out Baugh, Missler, Hovind, Ham, Bergman, Setterfield, etc.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am throwing the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] flag all over your so called rebuttal of this video. Please go and learn some real science. You probably don't even understand basic physics, which does not support evolution (which is what Lisle is saying). Please get real.
I have a pretty good grasp of basic physics, and I'm unfamiliar with anything in it that undercuts evolution. What did you have in mind?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They don't need much to convince them that simple coded info received at SETI indicates an intelligent source. Just a few beeps in a mathematical sequence and they will go completely epileptic in their effusive enthusiasm over the discovery. Show them the infinitely far more complex DNA coded info and they automatically go catatonic and self-lobotomize.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dece,

There's a reasonably good movie on the subject called 'A Matter of Faith'. It makes the point that neither evolution nor created as is, are provable points. But, we must keep in mind that the Scriptures are quite clear that the world at large is against God. So, we should not be surprised that the majority of people would set out to 'prove' the deniability of God's truth. Man's heart is wicked! Paul wrote to his protege Timothy that a time was coming when men would not put up with sound doctrine but rather would surround themselves by a crowd of witnesses to tell them what their itching ears want to hear. I think it good that we bear that in mind always.

It's a matter of faith!

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that is at all a valid point, Miamited. First of all, what truth of God are we talking about? What you believe? What someone else believes? Secondly, hating God has not9ing whatsoever to do with serious scientific work.

Hi hoghead,

So you say.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0