Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are people from time to time that will refer to Evolution as Evilution. I wonder if there is some validity to their claim. First of all the definition of the word "evil" is: "wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt,iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious,malicious"

<staff edit> I would like to look at the word "corrupt": "dishonest, unscrupulous, dishonorable, unprincipled, unethical, amoral,untrustworthy, venal, underhanded, double-dealing, fraudulent, bribable, criminal, illegal, unlawful, nefarious;"

I think that most of the Christians would testify that they see a lot of this corruption in the doctrine of the so called evolutionists that post on these sort of venues. So I wonder do they really represent evolution<staff edit>.

When the skeptics and scoffers use science to accomplish their objective it does more harm and damage to science then anything else. True men of science need to take more of a stand for the truth. At some point in time they need to take a stand for the truth and stand up to the people that have the objective of maligning the truth to promote their corruption.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I think that most of the Christians would testify that they see a lot of this corruption in the doctrine of the so called evolutionists that post on these sort of venues.

Did you forget that many of the Christians are also evolutionists?

When the skeptics and scoffers use science to accomplish their objective it does more harm and damage to science then anything else. True men of science need to take more of a stand for the truth. At some point in time they need to take a stand for the truth and stand up to the people that have the objective of maligning the truth to promote their corruption.

It is the theists who do damage to their own religion by requiring a conflict between their beliefs and science. It isn't us "evil" atheist evolutionists that force Christians to reject science or require evolution to be false in order for Christianity to be true.

As an atheist, I don't see evolution as a reason for rejecting Christianity. I see no reason why any Christian would require Genesis to be a literal historical account. It is only the creationists who do this.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are people from time to time that will refer to Evolution as Evilution. I wonder if therr is some validity to their claim. First of all the definition of the word "evil" is: "wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt,iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious,malicious"

<staff edit>I would like to look at the word "corrupt": "dishonest, unscrupulous, dishonorable, unprincipled, unethical, amoral,untrustworthy, venal, underhanded, double-dealing, fraudulent, bribable, criminal, illegal, unlawful, nefarious;"

I think that most of the Christians would testify that they see a lot of this corruption in the doctrine of the so called evolutionists that post on these sort of venues. So I wonder do they really represent evolution<staff edit>.

Good grief, where do you get these ideas. Inquisitive people (Christian, atheists Muslims etc) look at the world about them and formulate ideas about what they observe, these ideas can help us in improving many physical aspects of our lives.

Why is that evil?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is the theists who do damage to their own religion by requiring a conflict between their beliefs and science. It isn't us "evil" atheist evolutionists that force Christians to reject science or require evolution to be false in order for Christianity to be true.
It is when they indoctrinate us without supporting evidence,which is just the case in our time.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It is when they indoctrinate us without supporting evidence,which is just the case in our time.

That is indeed the problem with creationism. They indoctrinate kids into creationism knowing that there isn't any evidence to support it.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I get worse attached to me on biblical authority just for being an atheist, even before evolution gets a look in.
Yours,
futile, foolish, sinful, impure, degraded, lustful, indecent, perverted, depraved in mind, wicked, evil, greedy, envious, murderous, strifeful, deceitful, malicious, gossiping, slanderous, insolent, arrogant, boastful, disobedient to parents, senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
(And I've missed a few, from Romans 1)

Does it fit? I'll leave others to judge.
I did get a speeding ticket, just the once, twenty years ago.

But playing around with names to produce negative versions, as though that counted as real comment,
that's actually liable to be counterproductive in terms of significant critique.
"I haven't got argument, but I've got.... Puns!"

So I wonder do they really represent evolution, and do they really represent science or are they wolves in sheeps clothing as we are warned about in the Bible. "they come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." You will know them by their fruits".

I can only answer for me. I don't think I've said anything away from conventional evolutionary understanding, and believe everything would survive checking. What else is a person supposed to do?

When the skeptics and scoffers use science to accomplish their objective it does more harm and damage to science then anything else

If you point out where I have damaged or maligned or distorted science then I'll apologise and withdraw the comment in question.
I think science needs communicating: there are certainly some odd ideas about it going around.

I'm not particularly ravenous, and I can't be in camouflage because my world-view is in plain sight, there on the left.

Chris.
These days, too slow even to be an ambush predator.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think that most of the Christians would testify that they see a lot of this corruption in the doctrine of the so called evolutionists that post on these sort of venues.
Most Christians on this website, or in general?

And what doctrine?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Which planet do you live on? The one called the American Bible Belt, perhaps? In Europe about 98% of Christians would qualify as evolutionists. Furthermore, there seems to be an increasing acceptance of evolution even amongst conservative evangelicals. The names Tremper Longmen, John Walton, Bruce Waltke and James Boice come to mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
There are people from time to time that will refer to Evolution as Evilution. I wonder if there is some validity to their claim. First of all the definition of the word "evil" is: "wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt,iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious,malicious"

<staff edit>I would like to look at the word "corrupt": "dishonest, unscrupulous, dishonorable, unprincipled, unethical, amoral,untrustworthy, venal, underhanded, double-dealing, fraudulent, bribable, criminal, illegal, unlawful, nefarious;"

Ask yourself why do they bother coming here to post?
Don't they have anything better to do with their life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Ask yourself why do they bother coming here to post?
Don't they have anything better to do with their life?

I come here because I think good science is worth defending. I think good science is important for the future of the human race. The problem is that some Christians have decided that they need to stop people from doing science, from learning about science, and from advancing science. I think it is worth my time showing that their arguments don't hold weight.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evilution VS Evolution
Evilution is supported by witchcraft.

Evolution (adaptation), while getting the thumbs-up by whitecoated priests, is actually how God intends it to go for now.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is my point, there is a difference between: "evilution" and evolution. I have said many times there is no conflict between true science (evolution) and the Bible. The problem is that "evilution" is a fake, a copy or a counterfeit of the real thing. Science needs to clean up their own ranks to get rid of bad science. In time they do. That really is what science is suppose to be all about.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you forget that Nimrod was once a "mighty hunter before the LORD," but he backslid and built one of the most evil empires on the face of the earth?

One that scientists prefer 2-to-0 in their preference for explaining the Flood as a local one; and claiming Sumeria predated Noah's great grandson?

Upvote 0