Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The division here is unacceptable. I am not talking about you per se, I don't know you. But I believe that I am part of Ephraim, prophetically Israel in the nations. However, I also understand that I might be wrong... but EVEN IF I am Dave, I am no different than the foreigners, the non-Israelites, who came out of Egypt with Israel. 3 things stand out about them... 1, when Torah was given it was given to Israel "and the stranger with them." 2, the foreigner was to be treated "as if native born." And 3, the foreigners eventually assimilated into the tribes they traveled with.

So... if I am wrong about Ephraim it doesn't matter because I am still part of Israel. Either way I am part of Israel because I attached myself to the God of Israel through the messiah of Israel... so I WAS a gentile, I WAS an alien of the Commonwealth of Israel, and I am NOW a "fellow citizen." What is dangerous are those who try to hamper God's work by assuming this is all a Jewish thing. No "Noachide laws" for me or anyone I fellowship with and speak to... that is a replacement of the covenant. The Noachide laws are as much replacement theology as some denominations who teach they replace Israel. Both are dangerous... the Wootens teach neither, nor do I. Batya believes she is part of Ephraim, but that is a prophetic statement more than a genealogical line. Her belief isn't "at the expense of others" meaning somebody gets left out. She is just saying, "You are Israel and so am I." And like anyone new to something especially that God is doing... we should expect to look into our past and see more error than today. She and I have made statements earlier on that don't fully represent what we believed but it takes time to reconcile all Father is sharing.

Shalom!
Ken

Great explanation. I also believe that I have ancestors who were either from Ephraim or but more likely Ashkenazi Jewish (genetically.) My Surname in Yiddish is defined as: Trumpeter of the Shofar. That said even if it be true, since my ancestor's did not keep their identity and mingled with gentiles we became gentile. IOW I could not make Aliyah.

The concept of Noachide Law is in deep error IMO. It is deeply problematic when you look at scripture on two very easy points to show that without question the concept of a Noachide law is false. First and foremost there is clear biblical evidence of the sacrificial system in place during the Noach era. It is spoken in detail to the events leading up to Cain's murder of Able. Noachide law precludes the sacrificial system

Second Noah knew what animals were clean and which were unclean. What earthly purpose could this have served? Clearly, it had to be related to the sacrificial system. It is only after the flood that G-d defines certain animals now as food. Again Noachide law does not mandate or even suggest the concept of clean and unclean. I say that correctly since we find that G-d speaking of Abraham declares "because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws." (Gen 26:5) Noachide law is simple holding to only 7 elements such a detailed description of Abraham's relationship with G-d would be out of place with Noachide law. Adonai goes into detail that it wasn't just keeping a few commandments. It illustrates a DEEP relationship of obedience going WELL beyond not committing murder, adultery, Idolatry, theft, eating the limb of an animal or cursing or being unjust.

I think its important to notice what is actually said and what is NOT said. What G-d did not say was "obeyed my voice" but rather spoke in detail that Abraham kept G-d's charge.

I would submit that we gain some illumination by another passage in Zechariah Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Walking in HIS ways....Keeping HIS commandments, His Statues and Laws...

How can this be anything other than the Torah passed from Adam to Noah to Shem, to Abraham to Issac to Jacob(Israel) then forgotten in Egypt....

In Malachi G-d declares that he doesn't change. Hebrews were told that G-d was the same yesterday, today and forever. If this is true (and it is!) then Torah has always existed. We see it as the Tree of Life in the garden. Every Jew and every Messianic believer knows that when the Torah is put back in the Ark what is said??
Her ways are pleasant ways And all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who hold her fast.

Proverbs tells us that Creation itself was done through Torah. We see this in Proverbs 8

When I see all of this and I examine what is going on in Genesis with the sacrificial system in place and Noah knowing the difference between clean and unclean and then later Adonai speaking about how Abraham not only knew but KEPT Adonai's charge, statues, decree's and commandments it is to me, inescapable that Abraham was given the Torah and that it was subsequently lost to the children of Israel in their captivity in Egypt. To argue otherwise is to indeed suggest that G-d does change and that he has changed when scriptures in both the Hebrew scriptures and the Brit Chadasha.

To be sure my position is built on inference but it it is consistent with the concept of G-d being the same (consistent) and with other clues that we see that tell us elements of Torah are UNMISTAKABLY in existence.

I realize what I am saying is not at all mainstream thinking but to suggest its the noachide law to me is simply preposterous when there are elements clearly there in scripture that show it cant be Noachide Law

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The word is from the Latin gens/gentis meaning nation or nations. So Gentile was used to translate the Hebrew goy or goyim (pl) ALSO with the meaning nation or nations. In the Hebrew scriptures goy meant anyone from a nation OTHER than Israel; or non-Jews. I do not care that the church at some point or Noah Webster added "or christian" to the definition; it was NOT in the meaning as used in the biblical languages.

If we are to discuss biblical terms we have to use definitions from the original languages and not some translaion a thousand plus years after the fact.

Gentile means a non-Jew. PERIOD.

Spot on...

There are only 2 classes of peoples. Israel and Goyim

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But he didn't keep the 613. That is not what a God-Fearer does. All the Noahides I know give to charity and pray. I wish I knew more about Noahides; I do know that the "seven laws" are actually seven CATEGORIES of laws. For example, Do Not Murder INCLUDES don't assault people and don't gossip, etc. I'm sure the category about believing in God is quite extensive. Cornelius also worked righteousness by keeping the universal laws. At any rate, from bonafied God Fearers today, we know they can do the four things you suggested without being converts to Judaism.

No one can keep all 613. Yeshua couldn't, you nor I can... it is IMPOSSIBLE for any male to keep all 613. Likewise it is IMPOSSIBLE for any female to keep all 613. It is impossible because some of them pertain ONLY to women. Some pertain ONLY to the Levite.

In order for the modern teaching of Torah done away with you have to have the Apostles steadfastly observing Torah yet teaching new converts to ignore what they themselves are doing. It is illogical and unscriptural

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to God's word it is possible to keep the 613.
Deut 30:11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.
No. It is impossible for a non-Levite to keep ANY of the 613 that pertains to the priesthood. It is impossible for a female to keep any of the 613 that pertain to males; and vice versa.

It may be possible to NOT VIOLATE them; but not to keep (observe) them.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

aniello

SiouxJew Messianic
May 17, 2015
✟8,014.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No. It is impossible for a non-Levite to keep ANY of the 613 that pertains to the priesthood. It is impossible for a female to keep any of the 613 that pertain to males; and vice versa.

It may be possible to NOT VIOLATE them; but not to keep (observe) them.

Very good observation.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
According to God's word it is possible to keep the 613.
Deut 30:11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.
Keep them how?
Keep them Like a Treasure.?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I can assure you it's not a conversion to Judaism.
You are mistaken. Conversion to Messianic Judaism in UMJC is considered by them to be conversion to Judaism.

http://ourrabbis.org/main/articles/on-conversion-mainmenu-32
More than semantics are involved here. As a Judaism we convert to Judaism. A Reform or Conservative rabbi does not convert Gentiles to their specific denomination, but to Judaism. It should be the same among us. So, when the hospital attendant asks one of our converts, "what is your religion?" The natural and appropriate answer is, "Judaism."

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can, the problem is there is the assumption that we all have the same paradigm, define all the words the same way, etc. If one important word is defined differently it can change the context of all of it for the other person. So, I would humbly suggest that you either just list the references and then put your commentary so we know what you get from the passage(s) or include them all but still leave your commentary... either way, leave your commentary. That is the only way we will know for sure what it is you desire to contribute.

Blessings.
Ken
No one can keep all 613. Yeshua couldn't, you nor I can... it is IMPOSSIBLE for any male to keep all 613. Likewise it is IMPOSSIBLE for any female to keep all 613. It is impossible because some of them pertain ONLY to women. Some pertain ONLY to the Levite.

In order for the modern teaching of Torah done away with you have to have the Apostles steadfastly observing Torah yet teaching new converts to ignore what they themselves are doing. It is illogical and unscriptural
613...?

A Menorah?

(-)(-)(-)*(-)(-)(-)
+
+
+

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
To "Keep the Law" one need only keep the laws that apply to them. That should be obvious. We speak of keeping the 613 because those laws that don't apply count as freebies.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
You are mistaken. Conversion to Messianic Judaism in UMJC is considered by them to be conversion to Judaism.

http://ourrabbis.org/main/articles/on-conversion-mainmenu-32
More than semantics are involved here. As a Judaism we convert to Judaism. A Reform or Conservative rabbi does not convert Gentiles to their specific denomination, but to Judaism. It should be the same among us. So, when the hospital attendant asks one of our converts, "what is your religion?" The natural and appropriate answer is, "Judaism."
and the magic phrase here is "considered by them". Not us. Every religion, every denomination decides on a conversion process and who is and who is not a member. Judaism is no different. So, they may even convince themselves that they are part of Judaism, but in reality, they exist outside of our community.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
and the magic phrase here is "considered by them". Not us. Every religion, every denomination decides on a conversion process and who is and who is not a member. Judaism is no different. So, they may even convince themselves that they are part of Judaism, but in reality, they exist outside of our community.

Nah... you may not consider them to be a part of Judaism but Messianic's do. The ONLY thing we disagree on is Messiah. In every other respect Messianic's are Jewish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Keep them how?
Keep them Like a Treasure.?
Mark ch 10
17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
So? Orthodox Judaism also doesn't accept conversions by Reform or Conservatives, so this is par for the course.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
So? Orthodox Judaism also doesn't accept conversions by Reform or Conservatives, so this is par for the course.
How can I make it any simpler? You CANNOT use a Christian dogma and a Christian organization to convert to Judaism. We may have differences on a conversion process within Judaism, but we ALL agree that accepting Christian beliefs puts an individual outside of the community. Being Jewish is not about being part of a religion only, it's about being a part of a people.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
How can I make it any simpler? You CANNOT use a Christian dogma and a Christian organization to convert to Judaism. We may have differences on a conversion process within Judaism, but we ALL agree that accepting Christian beliefs puts an individual outside of the community. Being Jewish is not about being part of a religion only, it's about being a part of a people.
I'm just saying that just as Orthodox Judaism does not accept Reform or Conservative conversions, so Orthodox, Reform and Conservative don't accept Messianic conversions. So what. The point is that these UMJC conversions are to be considered conversions to Judaism and not to Christianity. It only makes sense that such conversions are offered given especially that intermarrieds are present.

Upvote 0