Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
how can we tell whether a prophet (or a self-proclaimed one) who knows something that may happen in the future is any different than a psychic who claims that he or she knows something that will happen in the future?

if a prophet receives a revelation like a prophet in the Bible, how is that receipt of that revelation different than if a psychic tells you that they receive information about the future? :confused::confused::confused:

(just shoot me now!:()
IF you use tools that come from satan - then it's not something God has given you - but something you sought. [See St John of the cross]
Anyway - ouija - tarot - palm reading [so forth] all use divination which is not from God.

BUT when God wants to reveal something to you, He will do so without any tools. He may use dreams, or a whisper. But as He said in Deuteronomy - a prophet will be considered false if the words are not from Him and they do not come true.

[THINK JW] How many times have their 'prophets' gave exact dates to the end of the world? :holy:

Anyway - God usually gives some sort of 'SIGN' to the world IF the revelation is going to affect the whole world.

For personal revelation - it will come to someone and comes true - WITHOUT USING TOOLS from satan. Usually something that can be changed thru fasting or prayer. OR something wonderful like a baby.

From God - it comes to you naturally.
From satan - you will seek to find it by using his methods.

I am not sure the term prophet is really the proper word to use now.

lol!! that is funny :)
LESSON: do not wake a priest up and expect him to remember he is a priest...especially in a panic filled situation. :D

Actually i love that tape...he is hilarious - and his homily is awesome.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Another thot - ppl who use ouija - tarot - palm reading - are more susceptible to bad things.
BUT don't let those things effect you - instead trust in Jesus.

Use holy water. :)
Also - Shannon is right about the medals and green scapular.

Personally - using the Rosary to touch her might also help as you pray it - put it in her hand as well as yours.

If nothing holy helps - then it might be something else entirely.
BECAUSE evil can imitate disease - its hard to tell what is truly happening.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
anointing is a good option - .

Well - i agree with that. :)

Tell your dad that all options should be tried. And for the sake of knowing, you need to do this.
He should assent to giving you peace of mind.

Interesting to note that altho he thinks all religion is equal - here is the thing he hasnt considered.
In Islam - it is good to die killing someone else [Jihad]. That means God is vengeful as humans are - who are fallen from Eden.

In Christianity - it is good to die for Him by giving in peacefully - so others will know that God is loving and will also save them thru letting them live to convert by the martyr's action who gives up their life so others will be saved. [And not creamed to death]
Thereby explaining the differences between the martyrdom.

Thus showing God is a loving God...when we [Christians] go to our deaths willingly and peacefully.
Now that's easy [i know] only in theory - but that's what the Lord asks of us.

AND IF the Islamics truly knew the words of Christ [in context] they would put down the koran and come home to Jesus.

Sadly - we should pray for them. They know not what they do.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him even more. Genesis 37:5

I've spent the last few years studying mostly these things that we are discussing here in this thread. I'll summerize the scriptures that outline the test below.

The test is basically all about dreams. The test isn't done, to see if a man or woman is from God that can see signs of the future. That is not what it's about at all. These gifts of being giving visions of things that will come to pass, or just hearing from the angels what is to come to pass, is only one part of the gift of prophesy.

From studying the scriptures, i've found that a man is not tested if he claims to be able to know of certain things that do come to pass. The test comes into play, only if a man or a woman, claims to have heard, or that hears God speak.

And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I. Genesis 31:11

Here's are the words from Moses:

1 " If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ' Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 " You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. 5 "But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.

Here you see that the test is a dream. When a man is tested to see if it is true that God speaks to him, the test consist that he must then document a dream, a new dream, at the time of the test. Now, if that dream comes to pass, as the prophet has spoken, then it is prooven that this is a prophet.

Moses goes further, to show how to identify a false prophet. A false prophet at the time this scripture was written, would have been identified as an individual that passes this test, but then begins to teach the people about other gods. In today's context, within the new covenant that Jesus made with us, a false prophet would be identified as one that leads others away from this church.

Here are more word from Moses on the issue:

1 Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married (for he had married a Cushite woman); 2 and they said, "Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?" And the LORD heard it. 3 (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.) 4 Suddenly the LORD said to Moses and Aaron and to Miriam, "You three come out to the tent of meeting." So the three of them came out. 5 Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the doorway of the tent, and He called Aaron and Miriam. When they had both come forward, 6 He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream. 7 "Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses?" 9 So the anger of the LORD burned against them and He departed.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Another thot - ppl who use ouija - tarot - palm reading - are more susceptible to bad things.
BUT don't let those things effect you - instead trust in Jesus.

Use holy water. :)
Also - Shannon is right about the medals and green scapular.

Personally - using the Rosary to touch her might also help as you pray it - put it in her hand as well as yours.

If nothing holy helps - then it might be something else entirely.
BECAUSE evil can imitate disease - its hard to tell what is truly happening.

yep... and about the prophet deal, just becuase they are right does not mean it comes from God.

My mom is right about a lot of stuff but as I tell her, you get your info from a bad source, women. after many years she has come to maybe realize it a bit but she still will not repent. at last i don't think she has.

I know at one point when she was living with me, she was running around with this crazy friend of hers, reading her tarots cards in my house, burning candles trying to put a love spell on some man for this women.

needless to say, I hit the roof but no harm as come to me as a result but, however i see how trapped ppl are who are in involved with the occult.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.