MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
it was around late 80s early 90s, i was living in Montreal at the time and i don't know if he was liberal, lukewarm or just felt his "job" was to say mass and give the sacraments. i think there's a lot of priest who don't want to even think about those things. wish my mom would have kept asking until one was willing to help. in big cities like that, when priest don't know who you are, they might think you're just one card short of a full deck.

now looking back, i have a few idea of things that a priest should've done. prayers, educating my conscience, confession, consecrate me and the house to the Sacred Heart... tell me to pray morning and night, ask that the family pray the rosary together among other things...

i had a friend for a while that wanted to be a priest but didn't want to hear about it either. he ended up quitting after his friends quit at the end of first year of seminary.

wow that shows, good priests are really important, and IMO they should care about stuff like that.. :hug:

Well - some folks cannot handle these sort of things [alone] and its always wise to find an expert priest if something could be wrong.

Seeking thru sites that only give you anxiety - and you know they do - you might want to avoid it.
DOnt need to cause panic. My sister is like that.

I could stay up at night and watch scary stuff and she wouldnt sleep for weeks unless she was in my parents room on their bed.

Besides priests wouldnt unnecessarily scare you.

I remember this tape i have about this one priest giving a gr8 homily. [He is in Medj] Anyway he said this group of teens woke him up cos the one kid got possessed and he didnt know what to do..

So one teen said to throw holy water on him, and he was like..'I dont have Holy water!' and the teens said 'Father, you're a priest, bless it.' :D

Anyway - HUGS

lol!! that is funny :)

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One thing that comes to mind for me while reading this thread is this scripture (i'll have to look up the reference, one of the epistles I think)...

"Be excellent in what is good and innocent of evil." Learn much about what is truth, and don't try to educate ourselves in evil things. The Bible itself says enough to help us in knowing how the devil works so that we may recognize his deceptions. Beyond that.... we don't need to go there!

Much the same message as in 1 Corinthians~

"Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, pure, lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence or anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

And "these things you have learned and received, and heard and seen in me; practice these things, and the God of peace shall be with you." (also by St. Paul)

I deal with anxiety over such things sometimes too Ladybug, because of some past issues and some current problems in my family's life. But as has been stated here, in the Catholic faith we have Mary and the Saints (and first and foremost our Lord Jesus!) to come to our aid and intercede for us.

Unless it's a special calling in a person's life, it is best to just stay away from such things.

Jesus often has to remind me to not spend time just 'surfing' the net, even for Christian stuff. When you think about it, most stuff that's out there to read, we don't even know the person who posted it, if they're in their right mind or even if they are being truthful!

Anyway....try not to focus on this stuff, just pray for God to intervene in our lives and obey Him.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hate the feeling of thinking I "should" know these things - but it was very frightening for me (no matter what stone thinks - he was alright with it but I was horrified). I don't wanna think about this for awhile...

I think you misunderstand my position on the matter. I have no fear of anything but my father in heaven. I've seen and experienced things that is not ordinary.

The best advice is to stay away from those things. Those things open doors and windows into a realm that is filled with evil. When those doors are opened, an unclean spirit can possibly find its way into your life. pray.

You really need to stop searching through those sites if you don't have a firm grounding in the teachings of the scriptures. I've found one serious error on that site you linked, here i'll show you:

Another interesting phenomenon that we have heard from some individuals seeking to justify their actions is along these lines, "Well, this person is not a 'psychic'. He/she is a Christian and lives a very holy life." Brothers and sisters, believe us when we say that the Gifts of the Spirit, given by God for the building up of the Body of Christ (the Church) are not powers that we can turn on and off. They are driven by the will of God - not ours. A person who claims that they give psychic readings from God on demand is not of God. They are either charlatans or their power comes from the enemy.

I have no idea what phenomenon hes speaking of, but his words contradict scripture.

Look:

1 Corinthians 14:32,33

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Last edited:
Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think you misunderstand my position on the matter. I have no fear of anything but my father in heaven. I've seen and experienced things that is not ordinary.

The best advice is to stay away from those things. Those things open doors and windows into a realm that is filled with evil. When those doors are opened, an unclean spirit can possibly find its way into your life. pray.

You really need to stop searching through those sites if you don't have a firm grounding in the teachings of the scriptures. I've found one serious error on that site you linked, here i'll show you:

Another interesting phenomenon that we have heard from some individuals seeking to justify their actions is along these lines, "Well, this person is not a 'psychic'. He/she is a Christian and lives a very holy life." Brothers and sisters, believe us when we say that the Gifts of the Spirit, given by God for the building up of the Body of Christ (the Church) are not powers that we can turn on and off. They are driven by the will of God - not ours. A person who claims that they give psychic readings from God on demand is not of God. They are either charlatans or their power comes from the enemy.

I have no idea what phenomenon hes speaking of, but his words contradict scripture.

Look:

1 Corinthians 14:22,23

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
:confused:are you saying that the stuff you put in big red letters is erroneous?

I think today is a bad day or something - I think somehow I'm testing people's patience:|

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is error, and i provided the scripture that prooves it. ;)

However, what is quoted in scripture reffers to prophets, who do receive signs of what will come to pass, they're not called psychics; witches can be pyschics too. It's best to leave these things alone and find something else that may be interesting to you.

It is mentioned that if you are seeking to receive a gift from god, that you should seek after prophesy. You know, that would be a much healthier issue to research. It's very similar to what your looking into now, but closer to god.

oh and your not testing my patience at all, this subject is a hobby of mine you could say. I've found some really interesting writings from ancient Egypt. Hey and i also found out that beer is not a new invention, the egyptians had it thousands of years ago! pretty neat huh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
how can we tell whether a prophet (or a self-proclaimed one) who knows something that may happen in the future is any different than a psychic who claims that he or she knows something that will happen in the future?

if a prophet receives a revelation like a prophet in the Bible, how is that receipt of that revelation different than if a psychic tells you that they receive information about the future? :confused::confused::confused:

(just shoot me now!:()

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now I am confused at what you are saying too stone. Do you mean the big red bold is the error? Meaning that we can turn it on and off at our will? Because if this is what you are saying, I don't see how the scripture you gave supports that? Just trying to clarify what you are saying. I am not sure i understand completely :confused:.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
isabella I'm confused about it too. I thought that the stuff in red looked just fine:confused:

is today a bad day for me or what? I've never had this many problems experiencing doubt as I am today...that's why I put my mood as doubtful! it's no joke.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
how can we tell whether a prophet (or a self-proclaimed one) who knows something that may happen in the future is any different than a psychic who claims that he or she knows something that will happen in the future?

if a prophet receives a revelation like a prophet in the Bible, how is that receipt of that revelation different than if a psychic tells you that they receive information about the future? :confused::confused::confused:

(just shoot me now!:()

Moses left a test for prophets that are of God. It's written in the Torah. It's the exact same test all of the prophets you read about in the scriptures would have had to pass.

I'll get the scriptures.... yikes, i gotta go

umm... I'll sign back on in a couple hours. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Moses left a test for prophets that are of God. It's written in the Torah. It's the exact same test all of the prophets you read about in the scriptures would have had to pass.

I'll get the scriptures.... yikes, i gotta go

umm... I'll sign back on in a couple hours. :thumbsup:
sorry stone but I don't know the OT well and every time I try to read it I can't retain the interest - I read the NT (except Revelation) but every time I go past a point in Genesis I just don't feel like I can go on. so naturally I have not see this test for prophets that you are talking about. are you saying that there is a test for prophets to ascertain whether or not a prophet is a true one or not?

if stone can't come back on time, anyone else is free to answer.

I kind of have been feeling enslaved to this place today which is not a good thing. I feel like it's a "responsibility" of mine to come back and follow up and I hate to say it's feeling like a burden, but that's what I get for making my own thread:|:|:|

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lady Bug, corect me if I am wrong but no one in your house is baptized, right?
my friend baptized me in a bathtub in Sept 2007, (there should be an embarrassed icon)

the following is something I'm reticent to say because I don't really feel like opening up lately.

my mother was baptized Catholic as a baby - but I think she's done a couple things in which I think she has been affected - she had contact with this woman in college (this must have been back between 1966 and 1972), who told her what my mom's future would be (I don't remember what kind of consultation it was but it could have been where your palms are read) in which she was told a couple things that have really happened - one of them being that she'd marry a dark-haired man from another country (meaning my dad) - she married outside the Catholic Church, who would not marry my parents but when my mom said this I was too young to realize why. Now I know why - it must have been because at the time she would have had to consent to raising the kids Catholic and that didn't happen. So the marriage wasn't sacramental, she left the Catholic Church who knows when, and she is now very mentally ill with dementia (once in a blue there's some lucid moments but they're transitory). So she's not in a state of grace, she's not lucid enough to make a confession, and certain aspects of her mental illness are making me very suspicious but I don't feel like getting into it here. It would be a long story. People might say it's all in my head, but I wish they wouldn't insist that because they don't live in my house 24/7. I don't believe it's in my head - I don't care what anyone says - If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong but I can't prove that she has not been affected any more than I could prove that she has been. Basically - for about 9 hours straight in the day (from 10 in the morning til 7:30 at night - she gets up at 9 in the morning and from 9 to 10 she's sort of ok but at 10 she starts perking up), she is always yelling unintelligible words - slurred speech (though the slurred stuff could have been caused by medicines), at a very high pitch such that I wish I could wear earplugs, is constantly sounding frantic and sometimes even terrorized, occasionally makes certain speech patterns with her mouth that occur at various times of the day. She seems to sleep alright though. The doc is trying to wean her off medicines because he doesn't like her on sedatives. Someone may ask how can I live with it - I learn to, that is all. She's not violent but she's always sounding terrified. It's complicated though how she got this way - so to try to explain exactly how it came to this, is not only long but will contain moments where the whole thing looks nothing short of paradoxical.

so I was kind of looking at the sites (which I have NOT for a couple of days and I don't want to) because I was thinking about my mom - I wasn't looking at them for my own self.

(to answer your question, dad is not baptized)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Look:

1 Corinthians 14:32,33

Stone, i'm not sure, but i think what they're trying to say in the passage you've highlighted is, warning peoples about not falling for someone who is giving psychic reading just because that person appear to be a good christian. that psychic reading on demand is not from God...

maybe we're not reading it the same way but i don't see the error. unless it needs to be read in the context of the whole page?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
my friend baptized me in a bathtub in Sept 2007, (there should be an embarrassed icon)

the following is something I'm reticent to say because I don't really feel like opening up lately.

my mother was baptized Catholic as a baby - but I think she's done a couple things in which I think she has been affected - she had contact with this woman in college (this must have been back between 1966 and 1972), who told her what my mom's future would be (I don't remember what kind of consultation it was but it could have been where your palms are read) in which she was told a couple things that have really happened - one of them being that she'd marry a dark-haired man from another country (meaning my dad) - she married outside the Catholic Church, who would not marry my parents but when my mom said this I was too young to realize why. Now I know why - it must have been because at the time she would have had to consent to raising the kids Catholic and that didn't happen. So the marriage wasn't sacramental, she left the Catholic Church who knows when, and she is now very mentally ill with dementia (once in a blue there's some lucid moments but they're transitory). So she's not in a state of grace, she's not lucid enough to make a confession, and certain aspects of her mental illness are making me very suspicious but I don't feel like getting into it here. It would be a long story. People might say it's all in my head, but I wish they wouldn't insist that because they don't live in my house 24/7. I don't believe it's in my head - I don't care what anyone says - If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong but I can't prove that she has not been affected any more than I could prove that she has been. Basically - for about 9 hours straight in the day (from 10 in the morning til 7:30 at night - she gets up at 9 in the morning and from 9 to 10 she's sort of ok but at 10 she starts perking up), she is always yelling unintelligible words - slurred speech (though the slurred stuff could have been caused by medicines), at a very high pitch such that I wish I could wear earplugs, is constantly sounding frantic and sometimes even terrorized, occasionally makes certain speech patterns with her mouth that occur at various times of the day. She seems to sleep alright though. The doc is trying to wean her off medicines because he doesn't like her on sedatives. Someone may ask how can I live with it - I learn to, that is all. She's not violent but she's always sounding terrified. It's complicated though how she got this way - so to try to explain exactly how it came to this, is not only long but will contain moments where the whole thing looks nothing short of paradoxical.

so I was kind of looking at the sites (which I have NOT for a couple of days and I don't want to) because I was thinking about my mom - I wasn't looking at them for my own self.

(to answer your question, dad is not baptized)

Well Lady Bug, believe it or not i can relate to where you are coming from.

I think my mom suffers too from something spiritual. My granddad's family were Baptist and my grandmother was Catholic. when he married her, his family dis inherited him, literally, he got screw out of all his inheritance because my grandma was Catholic.

My granddad's mom was also into Haitian Voodoo and my grandmother, a sensible women for the most part, always felt she was dangerous. She caught her putting a spell on my mom when she was a baby.

Now My mom has had one really bad life, a bunch of husbands, never finding real love and she got into dabbling into the occult herself. She reads palms and tarot cards etc. My grandads brother was into astrology signs and reincarnation and so is my mom as a result of that influence. This uncle ended up committed suicide.

Later on in life in the late 1970's my gran dad's sister became a "born again" christian, she told him she was sorry for screwing him out of his inheritance and she ended up leaving him the money she stole.

Now my grandmother felt that money was curse so when my grandad inherited it in 1983, this is actually hilarious. my grandmother had us all go out and spend it becuase she didn't want it, she thought it was cursed...

Anyway... I know what you mean... but you can not help her this way.

Since she is Catholic you can have her anointed with the anointing of the sick and if she can not make a confession herself, this will remit her sins. That is what i would do.

as far as your baptism, i would keep it in mind that it may not be considered valid. But there is baptism of desire that i hope can protect you.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well Lady Bug, believe it or not i can relate to where you are coming from.

I think my mom suffers too from something spiritual. My granddad's family were Baptist and my grandmother was Catholic. when he married her, his family dis inherited him, literally, he got screw out of all his inheritance because my grandma was Catholic.

My granddad's mom was also into Haitian Voodoo and my grandmother, a sensible women for the most part, always felt she was dangerous. She caught her putting a spell on my mom when she was a baby.

Now My mom has had one really bad life, a bunch of husbands, never finding real love and she got into dabbling into the occult herself. She reads palms and tarot cards etc. My grandads brother was into astrology signs and reincarnation and so is my mom as a result of that influence. This uncle ended up committed suicide.

Later on in life in the late 1970's my gran dad's sister became a "born again" christian, she told him she was sorry for screwing him out of his inheritance and she ended up leaving him the money she stole.

Now my grandmother felt that money was curse so when my grandad inherited it in 1983, this is actually hilarious. my grandmother had us all go out and spend it becuase she didn't want it, she thought it was cursed...

Anyway... I know what you mean... but you can not help her this way.

Since she is Catholic you can have her anointed with the anointing of the sick and if she can not make a confession herself, this will remit her sins. That is what i would do.

as far as your baptism, i would keep it in mind that it may not be considered valid. But there is baptism of desire that i hope can protect you.
anointing is a good option - I feel the pain of remaining silent because my dad would probably refuse to assent to this - not even because of "being Muslim" or anything but because he'll feel no reason to trust a priest at all. It's sad. In the end, it's his decision as to what to do for her not mine. There's been a time or two where he's not even sure there's a hell - so why would anointing be important to him.

the stuff you described was creepy:sigh::sigh: My mother went to Haiti during those years that she had a palm read too. She always had a couple of things that she got from there, at home, but I can't find them anymore. I was told that one of them was supposed to be some superstitious object but when I was told this that was such a long time ago that I didn't take these things seriously. I'm also worried that whatever things she brought from there (and I have no idea where they are now - I can't imagine they're thrown though) are cursed. It creeps me out. Now I'm kind of starting to wonder if anything bad in my life or my mom's is attributable to the enemy. I don't want to get into the habit of attributing everything to the enemy though - I can get very paranoid about that kind of stuff.

In the meantime I'm trying to keep my eye on God, pray my Rosary, even though studying the Catholic faith is becoming more and more hard for me to motivate myself to do (for no apparent reason). I don't know if any of this can fight the enemy (it should), but my intention to do so is evident.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LadyBug,

Believe me, your praying the Rosary for yourself and your family is the best thing you can do!! And I am sure all of us here pray for God's protection over you. I hope sometime a priest can come to your house. God will give what is needed. He is always there with you and so are His angels. He is watching over you constantly. Don't worry if you don't feel like studying. You are dealing with a lot each day. Just pray and talk to Jesus through the day. He is your strength and He loves you and your parents.

GOD is stronger than any demon of hell! And stronger than any curse could ever be. GOD is with you and He is taking care of you.

I am sorry for all you are dealing with, with your Mom. Has anyone in your house contacted a doctor or social services? Dementia isn't something you should have to be dealing with alone. I used to work at a nursing home and some of the people who lived there had dementia. You need help with that for sure. I plead the precious holy Blood of Jesus upon her. I pray God gives her rest and peace.

My own Mom had mental illness also. And she went to church all her life, but wouldn't believe there's a hell. I just pray for her soul, and I know that God is all-knowing and He knows what her mind was capable of. I know it can be so hard, I will be praying for you.

Don't feel tied to this thread. You have a life and you'll get to it when you get to it! You don't owe anybody anything here.
God bless you {hugs}

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
anointing is a good option - I feel the pain of remaining silent because my dad would probably refuse to assent to this - not even because of "being Muslim" or anything but because he'll feel no reason to trust a priest at all. It's sad. In the end, it's his decision as to what to do for her not mine. There's been a time or two where he's not even sure there's a hell - so why would anointing be important to him.

the stuff you described was creepy:sigh::sigh: My mother went to Haiti during those years that she had a palm read too. She always had a couple of things that she got from there, at home, but I can't find them anymore. I was told that one of them was supposed to be some superstitious object but when I was told this that was such a long time ago that I didn't take these things seriously. I'm also worried that whatever things she brought from there (and I have no idea where they are now - I can't imagine they're thrown though) are cursed. It creeps me out. Now I'm kind of starting to wonder if anything bad in my life or my mom's is attributable to the enemy. I don't want to get into the habit of attributing everything to the enemy though - I can get very paranoid about that kind of stuff.

In the meantime I'm trying to keep my eye on God, pray my Rosary, even though studying the Catholic faith is becoming more and more hard for me to motivate myself to do (for no apparent reason). I don't know if any of this can fight the enemy (it should), but my intention to do so is evident.

Well... I do think there are problems due to her involvement in the occult. I do think Catholicism can help you out. Having Masses offered, etc. Are you able to go to the local Church and have Masses said?

Is your rosary blessed? If not, i would have it blessed and keep praying it and give one to her even if she can not pray it. and if you could get a St Benedict medal blessed for you both. It would help.

Would your dad be against holy objects like a Mary statue that of course would be blessed too, to put in her room?

I hope now we can see what it's like for the souls in purgatory who can not help themselves who depend on us to help them.

It would help calm things a bit to have her anointed but it would take prayers and Masses said for a while to help deliver her.

These things are never cut and dry and there is no magic one time solution. If her will is not on board with deliverance, it's extremely difficult. All you can do is beg for mercy and grace and the Blessed Mother is for the most part your best hope.

be careful of deliverance prayers though, they can be dangerous and stay off that site, the rosary and the prayer of St, Michael is sufficient. If you get to focused on the devil he can upset you too.

and understand this is not possession. It is a result of what the occult can do, oppress us to where we feel helpless but it is not possession.

her will is bound but still free, that is why your prayers are important and if she gets the sacrament, if her will is open to the grace, this can help her.

Just do not get carried away and have your mind assuming bad things.

And can you just ask your dad to do this as a favor to you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.