Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wish this were not the case but whenever I try to read such a site, I feel as if I get sucked in, in a not-so-benevolent way when they describe situations like this. The sites are supposed to help you. I'm sure they do, but I don't know what's wrong with me when I try to read them. (the last time I read such a site was probably a year ago so I don't torture myself on purpose by reading them, but this one time recently I have needed to go to a site to obtain some Catholic prayers - and those were good prayers - but I ended up looking at other links within the site)

I try to read it with courage and strength. It kind of starts out that way, but quickly fades.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
why do you think these websites cause you to feel helpless and scared sis?
the way they precisely describe the types of things that happen to you if you are experiencing demonic forces in your life...

types of hauntings, waking up in the middle of the night terrified, being thrown down a staircase by a mysterious force, etc.

absolutely horrifying to look at:eek: that was just the tip of the iceberg...

I wasn't trying to read these things for myself - but I was trying to read something for someone else (my mom) but I don't really feel like getting into that.

I did need to go to the site (St. Padre Pio deliverance site) merely to get some confessional prayers that I have been using to confess my sins to God for the time being and they're great prayers but I've been digressing to other links within the site...

sorry if this looks wimpy of me, but these things make me shudder.

I gotta stop looking at it (I wasn't looking for myself though but still)
I should also make happier posts, my posts are depressing:|

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
I wish this were not the case but whenever I try to read such a site, I feel as if I get sucked in, in a not-so-benevolent way when they describe situations like this. The sites are supposed to help you. I'm sure they do, but I don't know what's wrong with me when I try to read them. (the last time I read such a site was probably a year ago so I don't torture myself on purpose by reading them, but this one time recently I have needed to go to a site to obtain some Catholic prayers - and those were good prayers - but I ended up looking at other links within the site)

I try to read it with courage and strength. It kind of starts out that way, but quickly fades.

Stay away from such sites LB. Believe me, having been in spiritual warfare groups as a protestant, where a lot of stuff was encountered, in the Catholic faith we have Mary and the Saints.

We don't need to be looking for stuff. All we need to do is go to Mary and Jesus as a little child. We have all of heaven to do battle for us. I found prayers were answered much faster and greater and more easily when I stopped engaging in such battles myself, and turned it over to Mary and Jesus.

This is how it sucks us in - it holds out to us that we, as laity, can exercise power over the demonic realm. I saw exorcisms as well as several other demonic manifestations being dealt with. But it tempts you to exercise power yourself, and this temptation is fed with fear of what if you don't.

Since I let go of all that, I have found that the battle is not mine, but the Lord's. Alll we need do is submit in total trust to Him.

My advice is, until you are much stronger in your faith as a Catholic, and then only with the consent of a good spiritual advisor, thath you stay completely away from such things, for they can be used to distract you from what is most important. Your sanctification.

Reactions: MoNiCa4316
Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
the way they precisely describe the types of things that happen to you if you are experiencing demonic forces in your life...

types of hauntings, waking up in the middle of the night terrified, being thrown down a staircase by a mysterious force, etc.

absolutely horrifying to look at:eek: that was just the tip of the iceberg...

I wasn't trying to read these things for myself - but I was trying to read something for someone else (my mom) but I don't really feel like getting into that.

I did need to go to the site (St. Padre Pio deliverance site) merely to get some confessional prayers that I have been using to confess my sins to God for the time being and they're great prayers but I've been digressing to other links within the site...

sorry if this looks wimpy of me, but these things make me shudder.

I gotta stop looking at it (I wasn't looking for myself though but still)
I should also make happier posts, my posts are depressing:|

Two things here - if things like that happen to you, like being thrown down stairs, etc, go immediately to your priest. Never try to handle such things on your own.

However, if things are simply going "bump in the night", the Saints handled such things as "Oh, it's only you?" and then would turn over and go back to sleep.

Satan tries to distract us with such events. Even my children have learned to do the same, for we have had our share. Now, when something happens, they have learned to simply treat it as a non event, for that takes away its power. Satan only uses such things to get us to focus on him. If that doesn't work, it stops.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree this subject matter can be quite creepy, i hope my imagination doesn't decide to run amok tonight hehe

when i was a teenager, i believe i experienced some degree of oppression. it was very scary and i asked my mom at some point to get a priest so he could do an exorcism. the priest came, and after a bit of talking, he told me exorcisms weren't practiced anymore. offered no help and i was left in same worried predicament.

what i learned from when it would paralyze me, is that i had the reflex of praying. once i started praying, it would stop. that "reflex" was probably a prompt by my guardian angel.

Prayers are very powerful because you receive protection from God the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. so you might want to pray and ask God to protect you and give you strength before you enter such sites. it is important to remember to put on the armor of God when we want to get involved in spiritual warfare. and if you feel the need, ask someone to help by praying for you.

It would've been nice for me to have access to such information way back then. i think i'll bookmark it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Stay away from them right now until you are much more stronger in the faith-- I'm serious.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Holy Molly!! I thought that you maybe had a spy in my house at times - sometimes around here I feel like it's spiritual warfare (and other kinds as well). But had no idea that this Satan is here kinda deal, was what you meant.

Anyhow's, geeze... I did learn long ago that to speak and think on evil tends to get those evil presences attention. I think that it also applies to the good also. God and His angels pay closer attention when their name is mentioned. :) So, leave well enough alone, as others have cautioned. If you have need though, then go with extreme caution. With prayer, God's presence and if need be with a priest, (if you can find one who doesn't say poppy-[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]).

God bless and take care.

Upvote 0

Maggie893

It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey LadyBug,

I definitely agree with others that recommend you stay away from those sites. I honestly think most people should stay away from them altogether.

The bottom line is this, there is one God with all the power in the world in His hands. He allows us to have power and Satan to have power. When you look at spiritual warfare sites you are buying into the idea that Satan is more powerful than you but that is not true. All power is allowed by God and you are His child.

Seriously, Satan is one being who is not omniscient, omnipresent, omni-anything. He also has bigger fish to fry than us I'm sure. Are there lesser "devils" roaming the earth, sure but they do not have more power than we do. We only need to walk a straight line with God and ask for His protection and poof.....evil runs the other way.

I've read enough on this to know that the only time evil enters a person is when they let it in and the only way to get it out is Christ. So pray and stay away from anything that makes you fear....
Christ said, Fear not so if you are fearing you need more Christ!

Reactions: Tigg
Upvote 0

neeners

Nov 16, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
learned to simply treat it as a non event, for that takes away its power. Satan only uses such things to get us to focus on him. If that doesn't work, it stops.

Perfect. I agree 100%.

I'd stay clear of places like that as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
One of the things that I often have to remind myself is what the LORD said to His People as they faced certain death from the grand army of Pharoah at the banks of the Red Sea:

"The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be still." (Exodus 14:14)
:amen:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
anyway guys -

it's good that the site may not have frightened some but it really frightened me:eek:
you're right for me not to look at those sites. I had felt that I needed to look at it to see if someone else might have been affected by a demon. I was "only" looking at it for informational purposes but it ended up scaring me. (I feel like I sound like a child but oh well, what else can I do)

this is probably the 2nd time within a year that I tried to look up stuff like this, though the first time was merely out of "interest" as opposed to information-seeking. but it still didn't work. both times I've done this I've eventually felt as if I'm being watched at night (yes:eek:)- it's no secret I can be paranoid but when I don't look at those sites, I don't feel like I'm being watched.

it was a Catholic site though (the one in my OP), but I think that it is still not meant for everyone to read, even Catholic laity.

sometimes I think they should issue warnings at the top of the page!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.