Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No sir! When He said "it is finished" He had no more work to do. He sat down at the right hand of God. He was "finished."
This is FALSE. You have never read the book of Hebrews. Jesus entered into the heavenly sanctuary to make the atonement. The atonement occurred in the sanctuary. The priest took a vial which contained the animals blood and sprinkled it upon the altar. This is what made the atonement. So, Jesus entered into the heavenly sanctuary "on the basis of his own blood" and did the equivalent of sprinkling it upon the heavenly altar. This was to fulfill the law.

Second verse of the song "Arise, My Soul Arise"

He ever lives above, for me to intercede;
His all redeeming love, His precious blood, to plead:
His blood atoned for all our race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.

Without his DAILY intercession in the heavenly tabernacle YOU AIN'T SAVED. You leave me to doubt that you have ever read the bible for yourself. You give every indication that you have been spoon fed.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is FALSE. You have never read the book of Hebrews. Jesus entered into the heavenly sanctuary to make the atonement. The atonement occurred in the sanctuary. The priest took a vial which contained the animals blood and sprinkled it upon the altar. This is what made the atonement. So, Jesus entered into the heavenly sanctuary "on the basis of his own blood" and did the equivalent of sprinkling it upon the heavenly altar. This was to fulfill the law.

Second verse of the song "Arise, My Soul Arise"

He ever lives above, for me to intercede;
His all redeeming love, His precious blood, to plead:
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.

Without his DAILY intercession in the heavenly tabernacle YOU AIN'T SAVED. You leave me to doubt that you have ever read the bible for yourself. You give every indication that you have been spoon fed.
Not spoon fed! But OK!

Upvote 0

Hawkiz

Dec 3, 2013
✟16,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then what was the Blood for? Why does it say in Hebrews that there is no forgiving of sins without the shedding of blood? What do you want God to do? Who's blood should be shed for the forgiving of the sins? The blood of bulls and goats wasn't enough. It was the wrong blood. It wasn't Holy Blood.

One more thing. That was Jesus' instructions to His followers. At that time He was still offering the Kingdom to Israel.

Are you suggesting with your one more thing that all those have followed Christ after His death do not have to obey what He commanded before He died and rose? It sounds from your response that His command to pray was only for Israel?

And in no way was I or am I claiming that 'my blood' or 'your blood' is sufficient or even necessary to be shed. Not r the blood of any animal. Christ's blood and only His blood serves as our atonement. The 'what' and the 'why' are not in question. 'How' is Christ's blood appropriated to you and I? Or are you suggesting some sort of universal atonement? That ALL who have lived have had Christ's blood applied to their souls? From a theological standpoint, Christ's blood was shed for all...yet not all are saved by it. So logically, there must be a way for those who desire to be saved to have this blood applied for the forgiveness of each persons individual sins. Scripture actually gives us a couple of different ways that this happens: faithfully following Him; baptism; the Eucharist; forgiving the sins of others around us. ALL of these are said to apply the forgiveness of sins by God to us.

And you completely and wholly avoided the Scripture surrounding the following of Sacred Traditions from St. Paul. Why?

Peace in Christ

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you suggesting with your one more thing that all those have followed Christ after His death do not have to obey what He commanded before He died and rose? It sounds from your response that His command to pray was only for Israel?

And in no way was I or am I claiming that 'my blood' or 'your blood' is sufficient or even necessary to be shed. Not r the blood of any animal. Christ's blood and only His blood serves as our atonement. The 'what' and the 'why' are not in question. 'How' is Christ's blood appropriated to you and I? Or are you suggesting some sort of universal atonement? That ALL who have lived have had Christ's blood applied to their souls? From a theological standpoint, Christ's blood was shed for all...yet not all are saved by it. So logically, there must be a way for those who desire to be saved to have this blood applied for the forgiveness of each persons individual sins. Scripture actually gives us a couple of different ways that this happens: faithfully following Him; baptism; the Eucharist; forgiving the sins of others around us. ALL of these are said to apply the forgiveness of sins by God to us.

And you completely and wholly avoided the Scripture surrounding the following of Sacred Traditions from St. Paul. Why?

Peace in Christ
The "Sacred Traditions of Paul" are they in His letters?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hawkiz

Dec 3, 2013
✟16,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "Sacred Traditions of Paul" are the in His letters?

2 Thessalonians 2:15. St. Paul writes clearly that he has taught some things by word of mouth, which equates to tradition. Since St. Paul taught these to the Church, they are held as sacred.

Do you deny this? Do you affirm it?

Peace in Christ

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2 Thessalonians 2:15. St. Paul writes clearly that he has taught some things by word of mouth, which equates to tradition. Since St. Paul taught these to the Church, they are held as sacred.

Do you deny this? Do you affirm it?

Peace in Christ
Every thing that Paul taught was by mouth. It was revealed to him by Jesus and he taught what was revealed. So by your reasoning, every thing he taught is tradition. All the word of God is sacred.

Upvote 0