Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29...nt-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

U.S.-leader-confidence-WEB-version.png

Given that I've seen some rumors flying around that nobody really respects Obama, it might be worthwhile to actually check out the evidence. Turns out that our allies in Europe really like Obama. They kinda like Clinton. And they are terrified by the idea of a Trump presidency.

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Obama's brand remains very strong around the world. Actually, it's still pretty strong inside the US, regardless of the impression one might get from this forum.

I'm slightly surprised that Hillary does so well. I guess she benefits from being not-Trump.

Upvote 0

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Obama's brand remains very strong around the world. Actually, it's still pretty strong inside the US, regardless of the impression one might get from this forum.

I'm slightly surprised that Hillary does so well. I guess she benefits from being not-Trump.
Yeah, the question is about confidence in them as actors in world affairs. Europeans will have experience of Mrs Clinton as Secretary of State, when she appeared capable and knowledgeable: that will be, I suspect, what they (we) are contrasting with Mr Trump's statements about world affairs, which seem to range from the inappropriate to the dangerous to the downright frightening.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yeah, the question is about confidence in them as actors in world affairs. Europeans will have experience of Mrs Clinton as Secretary of State, when she appeared capable and knowledgeable: that will be, I suspect, what they (we) are contrasting with Mr Trump's statements about world affairs, which seem to range from the inappropriate to the dangerous to the downright frightening.

Of course we're frightened. What if POTUS Trump's numbers were down, and he saw this:

I could see Trump thinking this made sense.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Not all of them...

b5caf887be814b9cccb216b3647ad2d3.png
Trump has great endorsements, folks. He has the best endorsements. First David Duke, now Le Pen. Who's next? Geert Wilders? Ernst Blofeld? Voldemort? The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Trump has great endorsements, folks. He has the best endorsements. First David Duke, now Le Pen. Who's next? Geert Wilders? Ernst Blofeld? Voldemort? The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
He didn't quite get an endorsement from Le Farage, which must have been a bit of a blow for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nearly 30% of the vote is hardly fringe.

Newsflash: when a politician voices his opinion on a specific subject, it doesn't imply that all people who would vote for the dude, automagically agree with that opinion.

Upvote 0