Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:) The "Oh. (scoff) It's just you," is a recent lesson. Prior to learning that, I thought it was supposed to go something like this: (sprinkles holy water, waves Bible, raises hands dramatically, yells) "I *COMMAND* in the name of Jesus that...." Yeah. Not necessary.

Jesus makes it plain in Matthew Chapter 6 how He feels about drama. I especially like v. 7b, KJV: they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

So when I get nervous about dealing up that third 6, it's just leftover conditioning.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:) The "Oh. (scoff) It's just you," is a recent lesson. Prior to learning that, I thought it was supposed to go something like this: (sprinkles holy water, waves Bible, raises hands dramatically, yells) "I *COMMAND* in the name of Jesus that...." Yeah. Not necessary.

LOLz :D

Good, well that bes one tired routine anyway eh? A lot of puffies have played that load to DEATH.

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, on the paranoia. If God is really so much stronger, then why do His supposed children so badly fear His enemy? I've been told that the worst thing one can do to the devil is to see him enter the room and respond, "Oh. (scoff) It's just you."
That's just how Smith Wigglesworth, the great early Pentecostal evangelist, reacted one night when he woke and perceived Satan's presence in the room. That's an exact quote of what he said, then he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟838,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's just how Smith Wigglesworth, the great early Pentecostal evangelist, reacted one night when he woke and perceived Satan's presence in the room. That's an exact quote of what he said, then he rolled over and went back to sleep.
Really? I didn't know that. :) Thanks for the info. I learned from a lesser known and more local pastor.

I followed your link about Wigglesworth. Had never heard of him. The one thing that does make me uncomfortable is
According to some, he claimed to have resurrected 14 people.
Hmmm. Even if I were to be the one to place my hands on a person and pray, and that person was healed, I want it made clear that *I* did not perform the miracle. As for his attributing ill health to demons, I question that. As Sigmund Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." And, sometimes an illness is just an illness.

Anyway, thanks for the education. :)

Upvote 0

QuakerOats

— ♥ — Living in Love — ♥ —
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟18,314.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
Yes, Satanists use an inverted pentagram because they want to invert and overthrow everything good the pentagram stands for... Similar to how they use an upside down cross.
Not sure if you know this, but the inverted cross is actually, originally the Cross of Saint Peter.

Upvote 0

spinningtutu

Jun 5, 2005
✟3,648.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I know...
Lucy Fur has been hangin out in my dorm for so long now that I get to call hir by hir cute pet name.

Regarding the upside down cross symbol, its funny how symbols themselves are so fluid, isn't it? In fact, it isn't just gender or symbols... it's human language... any given signifier can have multiple signifieds...
Guess thats what makes Biblicism so problematic.

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Really? I didn't know that. :) Thanks for the info. I learned from a lesser known and more local pastor.

I followed your link about Wigglesworth. Had never heard of him. The one thing that does make me uncomfortable is Hmmm. Even if I were to be the one to place my hands on a person and pray, and that person was healed, I want it made clear that *I* did not perform the miracle. As for his attributing ill health to demons, I question that. As Sigmund Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." And, sometimes an illness is just an illness.

Anyway, thanks for the education. :)
I agree. Those are things that bug me about him too. Still, it seems he had great faith and great results.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heard that story. Also heard Martin Luther threw an inkwell at him.

Of course there bes also this saying you may wish to ponder:
The sun laughs to see the cold seas rise in arrogance.

They say when you stare into the Abyss, after all, it stares back. Who's to say whether if you laugh into the Abyss, it does not simply laugh back at you? Louder, deeper, and always ............

............ LAST. :D

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The one thing that does make me uncomfortable is Hmmm. Even if I were to be the one to place my hands on a person and pray, and that person was healed, I want it made clear that *I* did not perform the miracle. As for his attributing ill health to demons, I question that. As Sigmund Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." And, sometimes an illness is just an illness.
Totally agree on BOTH points there Lovebirds.

Upvote 0