Ethnic Stereotyping and Slurs

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
couldn't "god" be compared to the totalitarianism that you speak against tho? (i'm not meaning to be disrespectful here. :) )

this ruler, this king, required the death of an innocent man for a various amounts of collective acheivements. be it, take away sin, bring communion with him and his creation...the lamb of God to bridge the gap that sin created.
[bible]John 11:47-53[/bible]
Take caution what you divulge to the masses, for lo they bes volatile and suggestible; yea, volatile and suggestible.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can think of several obvious differences. The great sacrifice was made by the King's own Son, not by one of his subjects. The Son was a volunteer, not an unwilling victim. And although the suffering Christ endured was very real and unimaginably awful, His death was only temporary.

Lucky for Him. Not so lucky for the rest of us as apparently none of this has spared any one of us our own sufferings whether just or unjust, merited or unwarranted, invited or without provocation.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did God require the death of Jesus to to take away sin? God, being all-powerful, should not require this. I think humanity required this.

Case in point: Let's say God waved His hand and took away all sin and did so with no explanation to us. We would be sinless in all we did, and therefore have no distinction between right and wrong. We would destroy ourselves.

This would be like a sheppard who let his flock wander off a cliff.
So in essence you bes stating that the Serpent in Eden bes right then in urging Eve to eat the fruit from 639? Because He urges her on the basis it will makesy wise and makesy like gods to know good and evil. You seem to deem this a desirable, yea even necessary development. Even Elohim Themselves so admitted, "behold the man becomesy as one of Us now, to know good from evil..." and for this reason, jealously removed access to both paradise and immortality. What, could He not endure the competition? Did He wish to reserve advantage solely for Himself???

Anyway, you indicate without this development mankind would have destroyed themselves, but now this question has daimonizomai for you: what, then, do you call the continual efforts visible throughout recorded human history as the result of this development, if not one long inexorable march toward that special (as in "of the species" not as in "unique & precious") self-destruction???

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Izdaari. It remembers not its part in this conversation.
The best in humanity, it thinks, bes arousing truth from the muckpit ashes of propaganda, obloquy, lies and spin in whats drownsy them public opinion; turnsy them tides without and within, and raises up them warriors whats do battle with weapons not carnal.

Individuals bes sacrificed in the process, however, the long range goal bes met in the betterment of the species.

Till next generation what has no knowing what it all cost. Hence the reason there bes never world peace in this lifetime or this world timestream as it bes vectored present. Them humans whats generation 2 or 3 removed from them whats achieved it, havesy no notion what it cost to achieve or how it bes in the face of what bes before it. They cannot learn from history so they undoes it. Bes happens these past decade what with them seeksy undoing the 1960s.
Oh, aye, there is warfare, and there are heroes and sacrifice. I'll do what God requires of me in that war, and if I must be a hero or merely a grunt in a foxhole, so be it. But that's a far different thing from what totalitarians do, sacrificing slaves to build their utopian pyramids.

But they cannot prevail; the children of the 1990s know better and their children born in the season of mutable fire shall arise and grasp the mantle before them beginning five years hence. Pray you marksy.
The Sagittarians will do what? :scratch:

I don't understand, but I'll remember and think on it.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Clever lady. Year 1995 they bes born, they comes forth. For a couple years there, near zodiacally pure archetypes. There bes a generation of them coming, born between 1994-1996. The children of mutable fire of course will lead through cultural crafting via the arts, films, memes, trends, sorceries, politics, activism, literature, musicks, philosophies and spiritualities, as we have ever done. The others will have their destinies to fulfill as well.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
love will tear us apart...

The whole "Nazi" label is overused. It has become an insult and functions as a way to villify one... I don't see why liking Joy Division makes one a Nazi... or for that matter, any other band. Siouxsie had to write the pro-Jewish song "Israel" to "prove" she wasn't a Nazi (she got accused of being both a Nazi and a Satanist back in the day, neither of which were true).

I like Joy Division & I think my political leanings are practically opposite Nazism.

Paxigoth; apropos de nada, how bes it you gets away with having a pentagram for your avatar, now that there bes a rule against "promotion of occultism" on here? :scratch: Mind you it does not bother Moriah in the least that you have that -- it merely wishes to know how comesy to pass you gettings away with it.

If Moriah put that there they bes havesy themselves a field day and a fit all at once going crazy with some custom-designed quadruple infraction or something. How does Moriah get to be part of the privileged protected class what's permitted self-expression of their uniqueness on here without being harassed? Maybe you could share your secret in this regard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spinningtutu

Jun 5, 2005
✟3,648.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... I don't really know...

I mean, I can assure you that I do NOT promote Satanism. There are a lot of misconceptions regarding how the Pentegram is interpretted, and I'd like to clear up some of those misconceptions.

I honestly don't know. I think I must be a bit of an enigma to a lot of people here at CF since I'm actually a lot more conservative than some think...

Reactions: Gukkor
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the record, I don't even think "satanism" when I see paxi's avatar, perhaps because the pentagram is not upside down. I think maybe if it were... I'd be bothered.

Upvote 0

spinningtutu

Jun 5, 2005
✟3,648.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Satanists use an inverted pentagram because they want to invert and overthrow everything good the pentagram stands for... Similar to how they use an upside down cross.

There's nothing wrong with the Cross and there's nothing wrong with the pentagram. Heck, for some Jews the pentagram symbolizes the 5 books of Moses and for some Christians the pentagram symbolizes the 5 points at which Jesus was wounded.

I agree with both of these meanings. And I would add that the four points under the top one symbolize Air, Fire, Water and Earth ~ the four elements of the world, the four corners of the world... with SPIRIT presiding over them and keeping them all in balance and check (thus, for me, the pentagram symbolized God's Spirit as preserving and shepherding the elements, whereas the Satanic star would symbolize indulgence and hedonism conquering God's Spirit).

So, for Paxi, her avatar promotes Nicene Christianity, not Satanism.

Regarding the yin-yang, it is a simple gothic reminder that:
There is beauty in darkness and darkness in beauty.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm... I don't really know...

I mean, I can assure you that I do NOT promote Satanism. There are a lot of misconceptions regarding how the Pentegram is interpretted, and I'd like to clear up some of those misconceptions.
You need not assure Moriah of anything it can see plainly with its own two eyes. Moriah has a long extensive history with classic occultism in the Western ceremonial vein so you don't need to explain your symbols at all. ;) But it bes thinksy about CF and how CF bes doing things now -- and they did recently add "or occultism" to their "don't promote Satanism" line. (Which, considering half of those in the seats of judgment wouldn't know genuine Satanism OR genuine occultism if it bit them on the butt, seems pretty indulgent and redundant....)

Point being if Moriah used that as an avatar it would be reported and infracted. Again with the discrimination it has mentioned before....

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Um, guys? You bes talksy with one what comes from an extensive background in theistic Satanism, Thelema, ceremonial magick, etc. You don't need to reinvent the wheel here or teach Moriah symbolism 101. Its question bes not prompted by mistaking the upright pentagram for the averse. Its question bes prompted by the disparity factor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um, guys? You bes talksy with one what comes from an extensive background in theistic Satanism, Thelema, ceremonial magick, etc. You don't need to reinvent the wheel here or teach Moriah symbolism 101. Its question bes not prompted by mistaking the upright pentagram for the averse. Its question bes prompted by the disparity factor.
No offense intended here, either. I'm reasonably certain you know the difference. I do too, but there are people who are going to think any star within a circle is a demonic image, inverted or not.

I've seen kindergarten Sunday school teachers being very careful, when they put a gold star sticker on a student's beautifully colored page, to make sure it is right side up because they don't want it to look demonic. Aren't people just a little paranoid sometimes?

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No offense intended here, either. I'm reasonably certain you know the difference. I do too, but there are people who are going to think any star within a circle is a demonic image, inverted or not.
True enough - the band Rush took some heat for that IIRC...

I've seen kindergarten Sunday school teachers being very careful, when they put a gold star sticker on a student's beautifully colored page, to make sure it is right side up because they don't want it to look demonic. Aren't people just a little paranoid sometimes?
That bes ridiculosity in extremis. If Moriah taught Sunday school it would be certain to put them on upside down AND seat the children in a circle .... :D .... JUST to be ornery. Yeah ppls bes WAY too paranoid sometimes. When it hears ppls claiming that figurines of owls or frogs attract demonic spirits? That bes stupid. Superstitious claptrap. And if ANY subject does NOT need more superstitious claptrap muddying it, it bes the subjects of occult, demons, etc. the whole supernatural realm really.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed, on the paranoia. If God is really so much stronger, then why do His supposed children so badly fear His enemy? I've been told that the worst thing one can do to the devil is to see him enter the room and respond, "Oh. (scoff) It's just you."

This said, if I'm playing solitaire and I deal up three 6's in a row... it takes a lot of self-reassurance not to redeal the game. Silly, I know, since covered by the Blood such things would be of no danger to me.

But I'm rambling, and off topic. :)

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed, on the paranoia. If God is really so much stronger, then why do His supposed children so badly fear His enemy? I've been told that the worst thing one can do to the devil is to see him enter the room and respond, "Oh. (scoff) It's just you."

*nod* ... this reminds Moriah of the time We got the whole human race believing that garlic repelled vampyres .... :D

This said, if I'm playing solitaire and I deal up three 6's in a row... it takes a lot of self-reassurance not to redeal the game. Silly, I know, since covered by the Blood such things would be of no danger to me.
Covered or uncovered, why would dealing three 6's pose any danger to you? The origin of these notions, the book of Revelation, states very plainly that the "mark" of the Beast bes something what shows up in your right hand or your forehead -- your deeds or your system of thinking. Random deals of a deck of cards does not enter this picture at all.

There -- see the effects of "Oh. (scoff) It's just you?"

We can repeat the lesson if you missed it ... ;)

But I'm rambling, and off topic. :)
Nahhhhh .... daimonizomai likesy. You bes fun. Come closer.

Reactions: Joykins
Upvote 0