Not open for further replies.

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm also having trouble with this site.. I can't get into and out of threads in one click.. I've got to go back and forward, back and forward just to have the page load. They don't respond to the 'report bugs' forum very often either.

Catch ya later sometime...
Probably a server/software issue since Ive been having some problems too.
PS... I'm not trying to trap you HM... just understand your position, that's why I ask questions. Please don't think the worst of your brother's and sister's in Christ..
Any trust that Id have for you or some others here was completely eradicated some time ago, T.
No offense, but Ill keep the flashing warning lights going on my end anytime I see you posting in my direction...

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Right, but mercy comes only through the cross, by grace through faith and judgment (or justice) comes from the law. It was God's love that sent His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. If we reject the provision of salvation that God's love provided, then we ultimately choose God's wrath over His love having rejected His gift. The Scripture does not provide an alternative option. It is eternal life or condemnation.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The cross allows us to go 'through' to the Throne of Mercy and Grace.

We are not disputing that God will judge or that His wrath is upon those who are unbelievers.

We don't believe it is 'forever'.. the English word 'forever'. In the Greek the word means 'for an age', which has a beginning and an end and does not mean endless. The Greek word is ainios. The Greek word for endless is 'aidios' and is only given in two instances in the NT.

So, while God is a severe judge and His wrath in upon those who He has given over into disobedience, the scriptures do not say He will 'never' have mercy and compassion on all of mankind, nor do they say He will torment them 'forever'... but for an age, or ages... until His judgment has done it's work. His judgment springs out of His love.

There is also a great body of scripture from beginning to end which shows the ultimate restitution of ALL things... both on the earth, in the heavens.. and under the earth.

We also don't believe that WE choose Christ. We believe Christ chooses us... as He says in John..

Joh 15:16 "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Any trust that Id have for you or some others here was completely eradicated some time ago, T.
No offense, but Ill keep the flashing warning lights going on my end anytime I see you posting in my direction...

Yeah, righto.. I knew this.. and that's why I asked you not to think the worst. But if you want to 'keep' your distrust there's not point talking to you.

And btw.. just because it's pointless talking to you does not mean I'm conceding defeat or any such thing.... it's just pointless...lol!

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you are saying you believe that children, the infirmed, those who have not heard the gospel, and those with mental disease are all going to hell to be tormented forever if they have not been presented with an angel, or any other means?

You believe without scriptural proof and with no means of knowing for sure that every single person on the face of the earth who has ever existed has either had the gospel preached to them by Christ or an angel?
You seem to be slipping further & further into trouble here.
& I'd also mention this, that if you can't even concieve of God sending evil monsters to hell, I certainly wouldn't think you could concieve of Him sending anyone less than a horrible monster to the same place.

So we won't get anywhere on emotional ploys either way with anyone
& that's what I believe most of this is about.
Nobody wants people to get separated from God, so some just invent
doctrine that makes them feel better.

You also seem to be forgetting there are levels of punishment. Even if
they were banished from His prescence, their works are judged.
Again, God is either holy & just or He isn't.

But do you KNOW each one's fate? Can you prove who God will judge either way? No. & frankly neither can we.

You don't know how God will judge them becuz you don't know THEM and what they each know, what God has revealed to them of Himself, what they did according to their consciences?
NO.

All we do know for fact is that God judges based on knowledge including inward conscience/heart.

You cannot say ALL in each of these categories are going anywhere or not.

& anything you try to raise up isn't a 'trap' (to HM) as far as I'm concerned becuz you cannot prove anything as to where ALL of these groups of people you mention are going -
you don't know God's judgment or their individual knowledge or status.

But I will say this, again -- this doesn't come CLOSE to supporting
Universalism - becuz on the flipside, you're taking the unrepentant who DO know God's truth, deny it & live in wickedness & putting them into heaven along w/ the innocent.

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The cross allows us to go 'through' to the Throne of Mercy and Grace.

We are not disputing that God will judge or that His wrath is upon those who are unbelievers.

We don't believe it is 'forever'.. the English word 'forever'. In the Greek the word means 'for an age', which has a beginning and an end and does not mean endless. The Greek word is ainios. The Greek word for endless is 'aidios' and is only given in two instances in the NT.

So, while God is a severe judge and His wrath in upon those who He has given over into disobedience, the scriptures do not say He will 'never' have mercy and compassion on all of mankind, nor do they say He will torment them 'forever'... but for an age, or ages... until His judgment has done it's work. His judgment springs out of His love.

There is also a great body of scripture from beginning to end which shows the ultimate restitution of ALL things... both on the earth, in the heavens.. and under the earth.

We also don't believe that WE choose Christ. We believe Christ chooses us... as He says in John..

Joh 15:16 "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.
all reasons to know your doctrine falls apart -

oh the verses are very true, just not what they're manipulated to
mean - while others are directly ignored.

Such as Mat. 25
46"These will go away into eternal punishment,
but the righteous into eternal life."
Same duration - differen't destinations - FOREVER AND EVER.

& as far as mercy, again, not everyone recieves it
Heb. 12
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

also these:
  1. James 2:13
    For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.
  2. Luke 1:50
    " AND HIS MERCY IS UPON GENERATION AFTER GENERATION
  3. TOWARD THOSE WHO FEAR HIM.
  4. Romans 9:15
    For He says to Moses, " I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."
    Romans 9:18
    So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.
You're also ignoring the unpardonable sin that NEVER gets forgiven.
unrepented sin doesn't exist outside the lake of fire after judgment.
Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit
never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"--

Mat 12
31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people,
but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
You seem to be slipping further & further into trouble here.
& I'd also mention this, that if you can't even concieve of God sending evil monsters to hell, I certainly wouldn't think you could concieve of Him sending anyone less than a horrible monster to the same place.

Slipping further and further into trouble am I?.. lol! You won't commit yourself will you Nadiine. You haven't answered my questions.

So I'm better than some terrible monster am I? Just because I've accepted Christ into my life?

I prefer to see the terrible monsters be punished and given their due desserts and judgments and then brought to repentance and accept the Lord as their Savior than to see them thrown into some pit endlessly being tormented. I would LOVE to see Hitler judged punished and brought to repentance than to see him in your place of endless hell. I also believe that punishment would be a terrible and severe punishment, and I would love to see him on his knees before all the people he tortured and killed. And I will love to see God heal all those people. But according to your doctrine even most of those, who suffered the worst hell on earth, will go on to suffer even more, endlessly, at the hands of God too.

So we won't get anywhere on emotional ploys either way with anyone
& that's what I believe most of this is about.
Nobody wants people to get separated from God, so some just invent
doctrine that makes them feel better.
This is the Christian Ethics and Morality forum.. I thought you knew that. This is not a strictly theology forum, here we try to think things out and work through the scriptures to apply them to our own lives, thoughts, inner workings. It's not as cut and dried like you want it to be with no place given for emotions or feelings.

I'm not giving you a 'ploy'... when you people don't want to go into the depths of things and think things out, you come up with the 'emotional ploy'.. ploy! You want to apply the scriptures like it's all facts and figures. I thought this forum was for discussing things, but I see such an unwillingness to talk things through. When I ask questions to try to get to the basics of what you really believe (cuz sometimes I think you don't know) you try this emotional ploy business.

You also seem to be forgetting there are levels of punishment. Even if they were banished from His prescence, their works are judged.
Again, God is either holy & just or He isn't.
Yes, there are levels of punishment, now and in the future. The LOF is a second death, it'll be punishment alright.. however, the levels of punishment are given in the Law of Moses, and nowhere is any sin given the punishment of endless punishment. ALL punishment will be given in the presence of the Lamb and the angels.. there is no other place of separation from God.

But do you KNOW each one's fate? Can you prove who God will judge either way? No. & frankly neither can we.
I believe the scriptures over all say that all men are... saved. And will be saved, and ALL of us will be held accountable for our own sins and punished accordingly, or given reward accordingly.

You don't know how God will judge them becuz you don't know THEM and what they each know, what God has revealed to them of Himself, what they did according to their consciences?
NO.
No, I don't know what they've done or how God is going to punish them, but one thing I know (even if it is by faith in the goodness and kindness of God) is that they will not be punished endlessly.

All we do know for fact is that God judges based on knowledge including inward conscience/heart.
God judges according to their works.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.

You cannot say ALL in each of these categories are going anywhere or not.
I believe I can say that ALL in those categories will be saved. I could give tons of scripture but that's been shown to be pretty useless.

& anything you try to raise up isn't a 'trap' (to HM) as far as I'm concerned becuz you cannot prove anything as to where ALL of these groups of people you mention are going -
you don't know God's judgment or their individual knowledge or status.
I don't know His judgments... HOW He is going to judge and punish, but I do know that from scripture when He judges it is for a reason and a purpose.. to bring forgiveness, healing, restitution and wholeness... and righteousness.

Isa 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee earnestly: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

You talk of a Trinity... but the scriptures do not spell it out. Now you want to have the fact that Christ saves ALL spelled out... it has actually been spelled out but everyone would rather believe what their church/denomination/theologians/teachers believe rather than the Bible.

But I will say this, again -- this doesn't come CLOSE to supporting
Universalism - becuz on the flipside, you're taking the unrepentant who DO know God's truth, deny it & live in wickedness & putting them into heaven along w/ the innocent.
But that is hardness of heart. Not one of us is righteous, not one. When I look at someone in terrible sin who has walked away from God.. in what I CAN see of their lives... then I thank God, for there but by the grace of God go I. You don't know what His judgments will accomplish in their lives. For me, I trust that God knows how to reach each and every person.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but your constantly misrepresenting the facts wont change them.
The word aionios translates as 'perpetual'...course we've covered this 100 times already, havent we....
eternal
G166
αἰώνιος
aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

I could give tons of scripture but that's been shown to be pretty useless.
What has been show is that URs are pretty bad about ripping a single verse...or even partial verses....out of their context and then twisting them into saying something they dont....so of course its pretty useless.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You talk of a Trinity... but the scriptures do not spell it out.
Actually it does...and fairly clearly for one who wants the truth;
The Trinity

Now you want to have the fact that Christ saves ALL spelled out... it has actually been spelled out but everyone would rather believe what their church/denomination/theologians/teachers believe rather than the Bible.
Oddly enough Ive gone to a LOT of churches in my life and had a wide range of crap forced down my throat. MY views are based on MY studies....so I guess that shoots that theory down in flames. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Uh...poster....again....CONTEXT....READ it.
Christ is ONLY talking TO and ABOUT His chosen disciples then and there in that passage.
THIS is why you folks cant gain any ground...you rip any verse you want to out of its context and try to use it to support something it DOESNT support...
This passage CANNOT be used to say that ALL of mankind has been chosen by Him.
*IF* it actually supported any particular error here it would be Calvinism, not UR.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, there is a small body of passages you folks rip out of context and then mangle beyond recognition to create a doctrine that is completely contradictory to the whole...

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Uh...poster....again....CONTEXT....READ it.
Christ is ONLY talking TO and ABOUT His chosen disciples then and there in that passage.
THIS is why you folks cant gain any ground...you rip any verse you want to out of its context and try to use it to support something it DOESNT support...
This passage CANNOT be used to say that ALL of mankind has been chosen by Him.
*IF* it actually supported any particular error here it would be Calvinism, not UR.

So does that mean everything Christ said to the disciples is only for them and not for us at all? Now who's picking and choosing?

Universalism does have elements of Calvinism in it... I actually looked into Calvinism before coming to this belief.

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
No, there is a small body of passages you folks rip out of context and then mangle beyond recognition to create a doctrine that is completely contradictory to the whole...

And there's a whole body of passages that you folk refuse to accept too... sheesh that's easy... I'm feeling a little immature at the moment.

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Actually it does...and fairly clearly for one who wants the truth;
The Trinity

Oddly enough Ive gone to a LOT of churches in my life and had a wide range of crap forced down my throat. MY views are based on MY studies....so I guess that shoots that theory down in flames. :thumbsup:

Oh come on! I believe in a Trinity, but not three separate persons, that's not what this thread is about.

The Bible STILL does NOT spell it out for you... you must study to find it, as you have done.

I'm just like you... had lots of el crappo shoved down my throat by the church and christianity and now I do my own studies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh come on! I believe in a Trinity, but not three separate persons, that's not what this thread is about.

The Bible STILL does NOT spell it out for you... you must study to find it, as you have done.
uh....we have to study pretty much EVERY aspect of the faith to understand the whole truth in any given issue....trinity is no exception.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And there's a whole body of passages that you folk refuse to accept too... sheesh that's easy... I'm feeling a little immature at the moment.
we accept the verses just fine - just like we accept all the verses
anti trinitarians use to deny a Trinity.

The problem is the spin put on them to make them mean what they do not and even tho they contradict other verses.
Most every verse they use is only pointing to Christ's human nature, not that it negates His Deity. As if He wasn't both natures at the same time.
Instead of being Both, they remove 1. (Son of Man/Son of God).

And like Universalism, you use your verses to mean everyone gets saved in the end when they only mean people are being forced
to admit that He is God & bow before Him. To His glory.
He created angels that do nothing but pay homage to Him all day & nite,
every single day - you don't think He demands all His creation to
submit to Him ??

The main problems w/ your doctrine are that
1. Nobody is seen repenting in Revelation at judgment - OR getting out of the lake of fire.

2. Your doctrine teaches people that they don't have to be born again
in this life. If you're wrong and people buy into your doctrine,
you're literally aiding in their destruction in helping them feel
eternally secure when they in fact are not.

Nothing I'd feel comfortable in teaching any soul
James 3:
1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Upvote 0

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

I know I know I'm

topic.gif

Thank_You.gif

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
we accept the verses just fine - just like we accept all the verses
anti trinitarians use to deny a Trinity.

The problem is the spin put on them to make them mean what they do not and even tho they contradict other verses.
Most every verse they use is only pointing to Christ's human nature, not that it negates His Deity. As if He wasn't both natures at the same time.
Instead of being Both, they remove 1. (Son of Man/Son of God).

And like Universalism, you use your verses to mean everyone gets saved in the end when they only mean people are being forced
to admit that He is God & bow before Him. To His glory.
He created angels that do nothing but pay homage to Him all day & nite,
every single day - you don't think He demands all His creation to
submit to Him ??

The main problems w/ your doctrine are that
1. Nobody is seen repenting in Revelation at judgment - OR getting out of the lake of fire.

2. Your doctrine teaches people that they don't have to be born again
in this life. If you're wrong and people buy into your doctrine,
you're literally aiding in their destruction in helping them feel
eternally secure when they in fact are not.

Nothing I'd feel comfortable in teaching any soul
James 3:
1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Forced worship has never brought glory to God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.