Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe we are that same generation. To me a generation is anywhere from 80 to 100 years. Most scholars of the Bible view it anywhere from 40 to 120 years.

Hi there:wave:

Interesting! Its true much of the generation who saw Israel become a nation again in 1948 are still with us. To explain what I mean about things must be done by us before we see the Lord coming. One example:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Jesus wants people from every Nation, Tribe and Tongue in heaven. If Jesus came back today, he would not have that. So he wont be coming back today. Its a sad fact that 2,000 years on we have not yet reached every nation, tribe and tongue with the gospel.

I was speaking to a Chinese guy last year who was the first to translate the bible and preach the gospel to one of the ethnic groups of Kazakstan. He said he spoke to some people about Jesus, they had never even heard of Jesus or the bible. There are other ethnic groups in that country and others worldwide who have never heard the name Jesus. There are countries in the world today where nobody has ever preached the gospel and where {at present} no-one in our generation will.

And thats just one of the things that must be done before the Lord comes again.

:pray:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi there:wave:

Interesting! Its true much of the generation who saw Israel become a nation again in 1948 are still with us.
Some people, like myself, don't see it as the generation who saw Israel become a nation again but the generation who will see Jerusalem within Israeli hands. That happend in 1967, 41 years ago.

To explain what I mean about things must be done by us before we see the Lord coming. One example:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Okay, gotcha. I however believe that it will be God who opens up those doors to other nations where the gospel isn't being preached. We have the job of going in when the doors are opened but sometimes only he can open them. In many nations it's against the law to preach about Jesus.

Jesus wants people from every Nation, Tribe and Tongue in heaven. If Jesus came back today, he would not have that. So he wont be coming back today. Its a sad fact that 2,000 years on we have not yet reached every nation, tribe and tongue with the gospel.
But we should live as if He will come back at any moment, whether or not you theologically believe He will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why not? If we had the predictive prophecies of scripture all lined out (which obviously we don’t) then where would be the mystery of His coming? We know enough to keep us expectant and not enough to take away the mystery.

Anyhow, why do we think we have to know everything? All we need to know is enough to keep us seeking.

~Jim.

God brings us into deep waters not to drown us, but to cleanse us.
There is so much we don't know. Paul said we are not in darkness so that this day should suprise you like a thief. I wonder then if we'll have "knowing" if He is coming back in our lifetime.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I always subjected the word tribulation to refer to what Jesus said the church would
experiance while in this world. He told the Apostles that "in this world you will suffer tribulation. But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." I never associated this word to mean tribulation for the world. The only word that I could associate with the world, was "wrath of God," which is not about us. Hence right now a Post-trib view. It's probably too simple a view, but no worse than other views I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Darn it Dids..and I thought I had this all figured out. LOL.. But really..I think that I have changed my thinking on these things more than one occasion. And I confess I know very little. But I'm convienced God will fulfill his promises. The one thing that bothered me is why in the world is Satan let loose again. I figure we know in part, but we don't know everything. I'm trusting God to be with Him, whenever that occures.
The part about Satan being loosed again bothers me too. I wonder why John never mentions the rapture in Revelation, he mentions so many other specific things.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always subjected the word tribulation to refer to what Jesus said the church would
experiance while in this world. He told the Apostles that "in this world you will suffer tribulation. But be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." I never associated this word to mean the world. The only word that I could associate with the world, was "wrath of God," which is not about us. Hence right now a Post-trib view. It's probably too simple a view, but no worse than other views I guess.

There is a difference between suffering tribulation at the hands of man and suffering tribulation at the hands of God. God removing his people and protecting them in a time of His wrath is quite common throughout the Bible.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there:wave: I hope you are well today.

Some people, like myself, don't see it as the generation who saw Israel become a nation again but the generation who will see Jerusalem within Israeli hands. That happend in 1967, 41 years ago.

Yes I have no problems with that view. However there is an alternative interpretation. The footnotes say that the Greek word 'Ethnos', means race, generation or ethnic group. With that other interpretation Jesus could be saying that the Jews would not be uprooted from their land again.

Okay, gotcha. I however believe that it will be God who opens up those doors to other nations where the gospel isn't being preached. We have the job of going in when the doors are opened but sometimes only he can open them. In many nations it's against the law to preach about Jesus.

Yes I think thats the problem the church has today. The first Protestant Preacher in my City, George Wishart, preached the gospel, healed people and had a bible when that was illegal. He was martyred for his faith by the RCC. He didnt care if the gospel was politcally correct or not. There are muslim nations today that 2,000 years after pentecost are still waiting for their first evangelist. If we are waiting for the gospel to become legal there we will always wait.

Even Peter when told not to preach in Jerusalem said 'We must obey God rather than men'. We have been told by Jesus to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

If the crown prince of Saudi doesnt like that then its just too bad:)

But we should live as if He will come back at any moment, whether or not you theologically believe He will.

Yes we should live for the Lord as if he could return today but also acting as if he wont, taking stock for the future, sowing the seeds of the gospel for future generations and also like Joseph, storing the grain of the good years for the bad years, in our case an old age pension. I have an elderly relative who banked on the return of the Lord before he retired and didnt take stock for the future, now four years past retirement he has not enough funds to live on.

God Bless You;)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reaching every nation isn't actually a requirement. The 70th week deals with the Jewish people and that week begins when the "fulness of the Gentiles" has come in (Rom 11:25). There is no actually territorial requirement.

Hello THere:wave:

THis description of the raptured church:

Revelation 7:9
[ A Great Multitude from Every Nation ] After this I looked, and behold, [Rom 11:25 ] a great multitude that no one could number, [Revelation 5:9 ] from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, [Revelation 7:14; Revelation 3:4 ] clothed in white robes, with [Lev 23:40; John 12:13] palm branches in their hands.

Gives people from every nation. 'Every nation', 'all tribes, people and languages' I dont know if that could be said any plainer. The gospel hasnt reached 'every nation', 'all tribes' yet. There was even a new tribe discovered in SOuth America this year!

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, there is so much we don't know and that is where God brings in the element of surprise..
I don't mind being surprised, sometimes I would rather like to be. ;)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello THere:wave:

THis description of the raptured church:

Revelation 7:9
[ A Great Multitude from Every Nation ] After this I looked, and behold, [Rom 11:25 ] a great multitude that no one could number, [Revelation 5:9 ] from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, [Revelation 7:14; Revelation 3:4 ] clothed in white robes, with [Lev 23:40; John 12:13] palm branches in their hands.

Gives people from every nation. 'Every nation', 'all tribes, people and languages' I dont know if that could be said any plainer. The gospel hasnt reached 'every nation', 'all tribes' yet. There was even a new tribe discovered in SOuth America this year!

:)

They will be there from all nations, of that there is no doubt, but that is written as a statement of fact, not as a requirement for any event. I like the way you think though. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm glad to see we're all in one accord on this one. lol
I just pray that Jesus wont come when I'm on the toilet...

I think maybe we could all be in one accord on this too?

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just pray that Jesus wont come when I'm on the toilet...

I think maybe we could all be in one accord on this too?

I hope not either, I would really rather not see you with your pants down.

Reactions: kittystorm92
Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I hope not either, I would really rather not see you with your pants down.
:blush:

If it happens as described in the Left Behind series, yes, some will be taken up while sitting on the toilet, or perhaps while doing even more embarrassing things. And everyone's clothes will be left behind. Hmm.

^_^

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't mind being surprised, sometimes I would rather like to be. ;)

Me too..and you better believe that God likes surprises even better...lol!..I am like Jim on this, where is the mystery if we can timeline GOD..what a joke.!....;)or even map out the 'events' how we think they are going to happen, our 'interpretations' of especially the book of Revelation has for the most part from mainstream Christianity been a joke...

Anyway, what is important is understanding what God is saying to the Body of Christ "now".

Reactions: Seeking Him
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.