Episcopal Priest Divorces for Younger Man

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
At least according to this article. But the frustrating thing is the article doesn't give the age of this supposedly younger man. Which I thought good journalism would do. Provide the age and allow the reader to determine what is "much younger."

Full article: http://nypost.com/2015/07/26/episcopal-priest-shocks-flock-by-leaving-wife-for-younger-man/

At any rate... assuming his new husband is much younger. Feminists won't have a problem with this. But if he left his wife for a younger--let alone much younger woman--they'd be in an uproar. Heterosexual men's erections, attractions, are a matter of choice they'd argue. They talk to men like male pimps talk to women: telling them what's what and what the "truth" is. Or like Eve handing Adam the apple, batting her eyes, and asking him if he's a coward unwilling to surrender his masculinism for feminism. He does of course. Because like most heterosexual men his erections are aimed at women and manipulated by women.

I'm kinda thinking Jesus has His own version of the truth.

I'm not age-phobic by the way. I think if two non-married people are in true love. Say one is a 24 year-old male. The other a 16 year-old girl. It is perfectly moral for the two to marry and seal that matrimony with sexual intercourse.

On the other hand I think you are entering murky ground by leaving your wife in the twillight hours (years) of her life for either a younger man, woman, or MtF woman.

But hey... I'm not a male feminist, so, my opinion doesn't count. I'm de facto the "Taliban" or "ISIS" according to the "enlightened" Western minds. I'm "totally 'uncool'"

And who doesn't want to be cool?

Excerpts.

An Episcopal priest shocked his Queens congregation recently when he left his wife and married someone else — a much younger man.

The Rev. Juan Andres Quevedo-Bosch, 59, the archdeacon of Queens and rector of the Church of the Redeemer in Astoria, announced over Facebook last week that he got married in a Los Angeles church.

The Cuban-born prelate was pictured on a beach with the caption: “I’m in Miami Beach with my new husband. God is good.”

Some of the faithful remain in the dark. One told The Post that Quevedo-Bosch is “a wonderful husband” to his wife, Adria, 73, and seemed puzzled when told the pastor had married a man.

Quevedo-Bosch’s bio on the church’s Web site still says he “lives with his wife, Adria, enjoys house music and enjoys watching dance break.”

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Hmm so does he get defrocked for something like that? Homosexuality isn't a issue in Episcopal churches, but I believe divorce or infidelity might be.
It isn't clear there was infidelity. He didn't marry again before his divorce? The Episcopal Church came to terms with divorce right from before day one! Divorce and remarriage was the catalyst for the Episcopal Church!

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If your position isn't of value why did you bother posting. Or do you get something off of feeling persecuted?

We can stick to the topic at hand. You can start another thread if you want to critique what you regard as my inferior personality.

Reactions: nightflight
Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hmm so does he get defrocked for something like that? Homosexuality isn't a issue in Episcopal churches, but I believe divorce or infidelity might be.

Divorce is? You sure?

I was under the impression the Episcopalians have made a silent metaphorical contract to support and advance any and everything the majority of liberal intellectuals decide to promote today and tomorrow be that year 2016 or year 2036.

I didn't even think the Episcopalians (made predominately of educated, upper-income, liberals in the USA) believed in sin. I thought they only believed in being "cool" vs being totally "non-cool." But if "sin" exists it exists in not fully subscribing or advancing liberal socio-political pet projects--like anything dealing with global warming.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Divorce is? You sure?

I was under the impression the Episcopalians have made a silent metaphorical contract to support and advance any and everything the majority of liberal intellectuals decide to promote today and tomorrow be that year 2016 or year 2036.

I didn't even think the Episcopalians (made predominately of educated, upper-income, liberals in the USA) believed in sin. I thought they only believed in being "cool" vs being totally "non-cool." But if "sin" exists it exists in not fully subscribing or advancing liberal socio-political pet projects--like anything dealing with global warming.

I said I believe. I didn't say I knew. ;) I am a Baptist not a Episcopalian.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why is this news? Why is it anyone's business but the 3 people involved? Or at most, their church?

I could be wrong... but I think the NY Post is a conservative news source. Which would largely explain that.

If it was an Episcopalian priest leaving his wife for a younger woman I doubt the NY Post would pick up the story, however, there would be a good chance several liberal newspapers would. And 99% of liberal, feminists, would be outraged if not acting mortified.

I'm not sure how news in Australia is reported. But there really is little to no objective news reporting in the USA any longer. Outfits like Fox News don't even pretend to be objective. They blatantly tell you they are biased. Most liberal news outfits in the USA do pretend to be objective though.

And all news outfits choose what is and is not news.

There are certain news "values" though that go into determining what is "news."

There are many but to give two: "timeliness" is one and "novelty" is another.

Anniversary dates fall under "timeliness." So on the adversary of 9-11 in the USA you can expect news stories about or relating to 9-11 and the collapse of the Twin Towers.

A first black President of the USA or a first Latin American Pope falls under the news value of "novelty." Novelty being something that is "new" essentially.

I'm getting this from a class on journalism I took many years ago at community college.

In terms of "news values," one could argue an Episcopalian priest divorcing his old wife to marry a younger man is novel in terms of both US culture, Episcopalian culture, and Christian culture.

One might also argue that for no liberal news source to pick up and run such a novel story necessarily indicates a bias on their part and evidence they are in the business of propaganda and indoctrinating minds with the images, impressions, and messages they want to give.

I'm more objective than any news source in the USA that I know. Whether they be conservative or liberal propagandists.

Reactions: Supreme
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This isn't a problem to me. Also I didn't read anything about his ex wife complaining. Also the ex wife is 73 and he's 59 years old. So him marring a much younger man than her. Could just mean that he married someone closer to his age, or even younger. I'm guessing he's been in the closet for many years and for some reason he's not hiding the fact that he's gay anymore. I wonder how long his ex wife knew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This isn't a problem to me. Also I didn't read anything about his ex wife complaining. Also the ex wife is 73 and he's 59 years old. So him marring a much younger man than her. Could just mean that he married someone closer to his age, or even younger. I'm guessing he's been in the closet for many years and for some reason he's not hiding the fact that he's gay anymore. I wonder how long his ex wife knew.

You know I have the belief (therefore it is my religion) that anything a person believes is their own religion and everyone makes up their own religion. Religion being deeply held convictions. If a person in Wisconsin believes the Packers--no matter what--are always better than the Chicago Bears, then that is their religion.

Jesus said He was the truth and the light, not the religion.

So, thank you for showing I spoke correctly about male and female feminists by not contradicting my assertion highlighted in red bold in post #1:

At least according to this article. But the frustrating thing is the article doesn't give the age of this supposedly younger man. Which I thought good journalism would do. Provide the age and allow the reader to determine what is "much younger."

Full article: http://nypost.com/2015/07/26/episcopal-priest-shocks-flock-by-leaving-wife-for-younger-man/

At any rate... assuming his new husband is much younger. Feminists won't have a problem with this. But if he left his wife for a younger--let alone much younger woman--they'd be in an uproar. Heterosexual men's erections, attractions, are a matter of choice they'd argue. They talk to men like male pimps talk to women: telling them what's what and what the "truth" is. Or like Eve handing Adam the apple, batting her eyes, and asking him if he's a coward unwilling to surrender his masculinism for feminism. He does of course. Because like most heterosexual men his erections are aimed at women and manipulated by women.

I'm kinda thinking Jesus has His own version of the truth.

I'm not age-phobic by the way. I think if two non-married people are in true love. Say one is a 24 year-old male. The other a 16 year-old girl. It is perfectly moral for the two to marry and seal that matrimony with sexual intercourse.

On the other hand I think you are entering murky ground by leaving your wife in the twillight hours (years) of her life for either a younger man, woman, or MtF woman.

But hey... I'm not a male feminist, so, my opinion doesn't count. I'm de facto the "Taliban" or "ISIS" according to the "enlightened" Western minds. I'm "totally 'uncool'"

And who doesn't want to be cool?

Excerpts.

However, it is my own personal religion (belief) expressed in blue bold. Of course, in terms of what's in the blue bold feminists would concur with the woman part, but not concur with the younger man and MtF woman part to which they would find that an unattractive quality in me to believe such a thing. But I don't care. And no matter how many Eves' try handing me an apple to bite into, "I'll holla," peace, the Eves' can find another sucker to bite into it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know I have the belief (therefore it is my religion) that anything a person believes is their own religion and everyone makes up their own religion. Religion being deeply held convictions. If a person in Wisconsin believes the Packers--no matter what--are always better than the Chicago Bears, then that is their religion.

Jesus said He was the truth and the light, not the religion.

So, thank you for showing I spoke correctly about male and female feminists by not contradicting my assertion highlighted in red bold in post #1:

However, it is my own personal religion (belief) expressed in blue bold. Of course, in terms of what's in the blue bold feminists would concur with the woman part, but not concur with the younger man and MtF woman part to which they would find that an unattractive quality in me to believe such a thing. But I don't care. And no matter how many Eves' try handing me an apple to bite into, "I'll holla," peace, the Eves' can find another sucker to bite into it.
I don't even know how much younger the new husband is. I'm assuming he's a grown up. The story sounded like it wanted to stir up trouble about a preacher marrying a guy. If the guy is so much younger. They should have put his age in the article. I don't hear a complaining ex wife. Just mainly church people complaining about him being gay and marrying a guy. If he wasn't a preacher marrying a guy. This wouldn't have even made news. I can't even complain that he married a 19 year old, since there's no age in the article. In the end of the day . Even if he married a 19 year old women. Why would we care? It doesn't even say why they divorced. Also if I never seen this story on here. I would have never even seen it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I could be wrong... but I think the NY Post is a conservative news source. Which would largely explain that.

If it was an Episcopalian priest leaving his wife for a younger woman I doubt the NY Post would pick up the story, however, there would be a good chance several liberal newspapers would. And 99% of liberal, feminists, would be outraged if not acting mortified.

I'm not sure how news in Australia is reported. But there really is little to no objective news reporting in the USA any longer. Outfits like Fox News don't even pretend to be objective. They blatantly tell you they are biased. Most liberal news outfits in the USA do pretend to be objective though.

And all news outfits choose what is and is not news.

There are certain news "values" though that go into determining what is "news."

There are many but to give two: "timeliness" is one and "novelty" is another.

Anniversary dates fall under "timeliness." So on the adversary of 9-11 in the USA you can expect news stories about or relating to 9-11 and the collapse of the Twin Towers.

A first black President of the USA or a first Latin American Pope falls under the news value of "novelty." Novelty being something that is "new" essentially.

I'm getting this from a class on journalism I took many years ago at community college.

In terms of "news values," one could argue an Episcopalian priest divorcing his old wife to marry a younger man is novel in terms of both US culture, Episcopalian culture, and Christian culture.

One might also argue that for no liberal news source to pick up and run such a novel story necessarily indicates a bias on their part and evidence they are in the business of propaganda and indoctrinating minds with the images, impressions, and messages they want to give.

I'm more objective than any news source in the USA that I know. Whether they be conservative or liberal propagandists.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP is an interesting little dance.

It begins with the "news" report from the NY Post, then moves rather quickly to a fantasy about how some imaginary feminists would react if the situation were a completely different situation from the one reported, and then proceeds rather quickly to a defense of statutory rape.

Fascinating.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
We can stick to the topic at hand.

Which is what, exactly? Is it about 'journalistic ethics', or is it about your imagined pain at a hypothetical feminist response to your hypothetical response to this story (on the hypothesis that he is much younger)?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Got that backwards, didn't you? ^_^

Fox News does not admit to being blatantly biased. That's just silly to say. And it has a dozen or so Liberal commentators appearing regularly, in order to give substance to what the network actually "admits," which is that it is "fair and balanced." Quite obviously, to claim such is NOT to claim to be biased. :doh:

But if we now turn to MSNBC for a comparison, you can go whole days without having any topic come up other than "Here's what's wrong about the Republicans." And CNN is not a lot different from that, although less obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0