Enduring Until the End

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah but blasphemy of hs is mark of the beast and i took it
What mark, what exactly did you do?
The mark of the beast has not been given out yet, have these things come to pass yet?, No they have not.

Rev 13
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those[e] who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.
15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah but blasphemy of hs is mark of the beast and i took it
You certainly have a lot to learn about what the Bible says. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was very specific. It was when Pharisees, who saw the miracles of Jesus, claimed the miracles were from satan. That's it. You cannot even do it today.

To believe you've lost your salvation is to announce that you don't know what the Bible says, or that you simply reject what the Bible teaches.

This isn't to give anyone a so-called "license to sin" because no one needs a license to sin. We've all got sinful natures. But God puts His Holy Spirit into everyone who believes in Christ, and He creates a new nature within us so that we can be holy and blameless.

But it's a lifelong battle, as Paul described in Romans 7. Have you read that chapter?

1 Jn 1:9 tells us to confess our sins in order to be forgiven and cleansed by God. Do you believe that, or are you just going to keep on wallowing in your sin?

Jesus promised that He won't lose any believers, per John 18:9 - to fulfill the word which He spoke, “Of those whom You have given Me I lost not one.”

Do you believe the words of Jesus Christ? Or not?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A huge lie is that one can do what they want and be saved. I fell for it and dove head first into sin. I remember first receiving the HS then diving back to sin. God then put me under a dillusion thinking I was ok. When i came out of it i realized i blasphemed everything holy and probably the HS also. I guess i sit back and wait for eternal fire. i guess money and drugs were more important to me than salvation.This is just a warning to new Christians...sanctify yourself and be holy.
God Bless, Adam
A few corrections.

God does not put anyone under a dillusion, you probably did that yourself.

It also seems like it was you who chose to dive back into sin.

Three, it's not over with God until your dead. So you can choose again, that is the mercy of God. He will take you back.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

charismatic believer for 23 years
Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was very specific.
It was when Pharisees, who saw the miracles of Jesus, claimed the miracles were from satan. That's it.
You cannot even do it today.
This is a debatable issue ... IMO, this sin can easily be committed today.
People today can claim (before others as a testimony) that
miracles done by the precious Holy Spirit were done by Satan.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a debatable issue ... IMO, this sin can easily be committed today.
People today can claim (before others as a testimony) that
miracles done by the precious Holy Spirit were done by Satan.
The difference that separates everyone today from those in Jesus' day was that they actually SAW His miracles. Something that no one is capable of doing today.

They had no excuse because they did see His miracles, and ascribed them to the power of satan.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The difference that separates everyone today from those in Jesus' day was that they actually SAW His miracles. Something that no one is capable of doing today.
They had no excuse because they did see His miracles, and ascribed them to the power of satan.
God's miracles are being performed probably every second of every day
all over the world
... butski, thou just aren't der to see 'em!
An extremely sorry state of affairs thou findest thouself in.
And sorry that I cannot help you ... because you are closed to God's truth.
Jesus said such people were filled with unbelief.
God usually doesn't perform His signs and wonders
in front of people who are filled with unbelief.
I.E. He responds to people who have belief-faith.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God's miracles are being performed probably every second of every day
all over the world
... butski, thou just aren't der to see 'em!
The issue isn't about God performing miracles, which I already made clear. Unless one WAS PRESENT when Jesus performed His miracles, one CANNOT blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. You just haven't gotten the point.

An extremely sorry state of affairs thou findest thouself in.
I'm not in a sorry state of affairs. I understand Scripture, unlike yourself.

And sorry that I cannot help you ... because you are closed to God's truth.
No, you cannot hep me because you are closed to God's truth.

Jesus said such people were filled with unbelief.
God usually doesn't perform His signs and wonders
in front of people who are filled with unbelief.
I.E. He responds to people who have belief-faith.
Again, you just miss the point of what blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is about. Unless one was present WHEN Jesus performed miracles and THEN gave satan the credit for the miracles, one CANNOT blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unless one was present WHEN Jesus performed miracles and THEN gave satan the credit for the miracles, one CANNOT blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
I've known this possible explanation for many years, but feel it is probably not true.
Most of Jesus' statements apply for all time.
He said that claiming the Holy Spirit's miracles are from Satan is blaspheming Him.
Probably true for the future also.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've known this possible explanation for many years, but feel it is probably not true.
Uh, what do anyone's "feelings" have to do with God's truth? Nothing.

Most of Jesus' statements apply for all time.
This is tantamount to admitting that my "possible explanation" can certainly be true.

He said that claiming the Holy Spirit's miracles are from Satan is blaspheming Him.
OK, one more time. Because those who did so WERE PRESENT WHEN Jesus was performing them. Do you qualify for that? Does anyone other than those present qualify? No.

Probably true for the future also.
Seems you base much of what you believe on probabilities. Not me. I believe what the Scripture SAYS. Not on what "probably" could have happened or will.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uh, what do anyone's "feelings" have to do with God's truth? Nothing.
Totally and absolutely beyond all belief ... thou art.
News Flash ... Believers are to be led by the Spirit in discerning
what is Scriptural Truth, what the Scriptures are saying to them.
Everything is NOT obvious, black or white, etc.
E.G. what is stated in God's word means something to one pastor,
and something totally different to another pastor.
(I'm assuming you have some respect for pastors in general,
butski these days I have great difficulty in doing so ...
because they are mostly hirelings in Laodicean churches.
And very soon they will be judged very severely!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Here is what I find totally beyond all belief....that you are implying that Scripture is left up to each person's own interpretation to determine what the truth is.
2 Peter 1:20 "But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation"

See there is but God's truth. Any thing else that contradicts God's truth...is not truth.

So there is a truth is the Scripture. How that truth is applied to one's life is where one pastor should or may differ from another pastor...but the truth of the Gospel and Scripture should not differ. We can differ on what type of clothes to wear to church, what color the carpets are, if we should eat meat or not. But when you start telling me that I must do what you do in order to be saved, or vice versa. Then we run into problems and we see the many denominations that we have today. Man has added to the simple Gospel message of salvation through faith. Some have added works in order to be saved, some have added baptism in order to be saved, some added necessity of gifts in order to show one is saved, etc, etc, etc. That is where man has failed the church. (and by church I refer to the body of Christ, not the RCC)

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Totally and absolutely beyond all belief ... thou art.
News Flash ... Believers are to be led by the Spirit in discerning
what is Scriptural Truth, what the Scriptures are saying to them.
THis is no "news flash". It's obvious throughout the NT. But what you've continued to ignore is that the believer's TWO natures are in conflict. And Paul was very clear in Romans 7 that this is an on-going struggle.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is what I find totally beyond all belief....that you are implying that Scripture is left up to each person's own interpretation to determine what the truth is.
This is exactly what he's done with 1 Jn 1:8.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A huge lie is that one can do what they want and be saved. I fell for it and dove head first into sin. I remember first receiving the HS then diving back to sin. God then put me under a delusional thinking I was ok. When i came out of it i realized i blasphemed everything holy and probably the HS also. I guess i sit back and wait for eternal fire. i guess money and drugs were more important to me than salvation.This is just a warning to new Christians...sanctify yourself and be holy.
God Bless, Adam
I take exception with you saying that God put you anywhere except under his wing. It was you who assumed that all was well and could do what your heart desired. This is where repentance comes in and for the Catholics, confession.

I think the term Faith without Works is appropriate here since the works, to me includes walking the walk of being a Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... you are implying that Scripture is left up to each person's own interpretation to determine what the truth is.
2 Peter 1:20 "But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation"
You are speaking about the flesh.
Peter is talking about believers who are being led by the Spirit.
The Spirit usually does not give differing explanations of Scripture.
But, this CAN vary in depth, depending on the depth of each believer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is exactly what he's done with 1 Jn 1:8.
Try Paul's letter to the Corinthians
which led them into true sorrowful repentance
which saved them !!!
Because of this, an hour ago, I determined to prepare a thread on this MOST
critical issue of the believer's necessary continuing repentance of sin!
BTW, this is written to others, not to you.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
which saved them !!!
Your confusion continues. They were saved because they believed in Jesus Christ for eternal life.

Reactions: brotherjerry
Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
which saved them !!!
Because of this, an hour ago, I determined to prepare a thread on this MOST
critical issue of the believer's necessary continuing repentance of sin!
BTW, this is written to others, not to you.
Oh Jiminy Cricket!! Do you have to post another thread where you are going to say the same thing you have in 20 of the other threads? Or perhaps you can put your entire thesis into one thought provoking and conclusive post? Instead of a verse here, interpretation there, opinion over there.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh Jiminy Cricket!! Do you have to post another thread where you are going to say the same thing you have in 20 of the other threads? Or perhaps you can put your entire thesis into one thought provoking and conclusive post? Instead of a verse here, interpretation there, opinion over there.
Please discuss the topic and not the poster. Thank you.

Upvote 0