Bowie, MD
✟7,993.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure you wouldn't settle for anythng more.
I'd settle for an explanation of why evidence for the building of creation doesn't match what the evidence would be if God had followed the instructions for building creation.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What is "significant"? That is what you never seem to address.
one gene can be a significant factor in evolution.
the AB blood group in humans for example.
plus, this single gene will undergo further mutation, duplication, and transposition causing further effects.
From the one paper you did reference, there was only 3 detectable HGT events (other than ERVs) since the human lineage split from the primate common ancestor. Just 3.
let's not forget the 200,000 ERVs.
with all the different games that genes play, i'm surprised you can make anything from it, and you know, you probably COULD make almost anything you want from it.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
one gene can be a significant factor in evolution.

Can be? Were any of the 3 genes inserted into the human lineage by HGT such genes?
the AB blood group in humans for example.

Those are shared by more than just primates. They weren't one of the 3 HGT genes in the human lineage for the primate group.

plus, this single gene will undergo further mutation, duplication, and transposition causing further effects.

Evidence that this happened with any of the 3 genes inserted since the beginning of the primate lineage?

let's not forget the 200,000 ERVs.
with all the different games that genes play, i'm surprised you can make anything from it, and you know, you probably COULD make almost anything you want from it.

Please, show how 200,000 ERVs are mistakenly classed as being orthologous between the human and chimp genome. Show us how non-orthologous ERVs could be made to look orthologous.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In this thread I will be presenting evidence supporting the evolution of humans from an ancestor shared with other apes. Specifically, I will be presenting endogenous retroviruses (ERV's) as genetic markers that can be used to scientifically test the hypothesis that humans share a common ancestor with apes, and that our genomes have diverged from those other species in a manner consistent with evolutionary mechanisms.

If someone wants to challenge this argument, they must present observable evidence and a testable hypothesis.

I've only skimmed this thread, has anyone successfully done (or even attempted) this yet?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's very common for someone to have 3 or more exposures
to information before remembering having read it before.

As an inventor and scientist myself, it is also very common for me to come up with ideas of my own ;)

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing in nature is random. What we normally call “random” is not truly
random, but only appears so. The randomness is a reflection of our
ignorance about the thing being observed, rather than something inherent
to it.

To be accurate, radioactive decay is random.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be accurate, radioactive decay is random.

Nothing in nature is random. You are correct in that
decay is unpredictable. But nothing is truly random
in nature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd settle for an explanation of why evidence for the building of creation doesn't match what the evidence would be if God had followed the instructions for building creation.
According to God's way, no animals would have died.

So if it took a billion years of animal evolution prior to the Fall, God would certainly not have told them to replenish the earth.

It would already be overflowing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, that would be according to what people say of God's way.
I'm not so sure.

I think TEs believe there was death, decay, and destruction going on well before the Fall.

Upvote 0