Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Do any of you have an empty nest list for things you want to do when your kids are grown and out of your home? I do.

As a single mom with no family I can count on for help, it sometimes feels like I live for our survival and their raising because there is no one else here to share those responsibilities with. A very tight budget also effects my choices because there isn't much I can afford while I'm still raising them. My youngest will be 13 soon, so I figure I've got about 10 years before I'm done helping him on a regular basis.

1). I want to take vacations with no stress or worries.

2). I want to get a few pets that I want to have, and consider breeding them.

3). I'm going to have a clean and clutter free home.

4). I want the home decorated in colors that I like from curtains to paint to furniture.

5). I'm not handling/cooking raw meat again.

6). I'm getting my haircut on a regular basis.

7). I want to get into wine tasting.

8). I'm devoting more hours per week to my writing and research

9). I might give up driving and just get rides from Uber and buses (still thinking about this one).

10). I want lots of plants and flowers

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
11). Learn Ball Room dancing

Me too! I volunteer to step on *all* the toes!! ^_^ Really, it will be no problem at all. Hmmm.

Great list you have. :) My daughter is graduating from high school this year, so I'll be experiencing the empty nest syndrome soon (sooner than I'd like to think about!).

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm like you Jam.

I have at least 15 more years before my youngest might be ready to fly the roost, which will put me in my 60's. So I am hoping to be able to still be physically active enough to go on cycling trips, to get a dog, to have a tidy house. [emoji4]

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0