Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been mulling this one over for a while; trying to get myself all psyched up. I can see that there are some really good things about the so-called Empty Nest.

1. Quieter
2. Less laundry (a lot less)
3. Sofie (my fur baby) all to myself
4. Walk around naked :D
5. Watch what I want on TV
6. No sharing leftovers
7. Doing housework when I feel like it (no example to set)
8. Skip Mass on Sunday (same reason as above;))

Can anybody add to the list?!

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're self-employeed IIRC, and you have no children in the house. everyday is yours now. nobody to answer to, nobody depending on you but you. If you want to sleep uuntill 11am, nobody pays for it but you. If you want to cancel anything you had going on tomorrow and get up at 4am and go fishing for the day, nobody pays for it but you. I certainly empathise with your uneasiness about the turning of a page in your life, but try to remember that many of us with small children and jobs that have us tied to a dest would love some time spent alone, doing whatever the hell strikes us as intersting at that momment. You're relatively young to have that privilage - most people don't get that until retirement when they're often too old or unhealthy to fully enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
number 4 is just yet another example of how OBOB is turning into a sexually explicit gutter club and number 8 proves you're a heathen.

welcome to the club. If your dues are paid you get free inappropriate content for month.

Welcome back!;)

Don't have to pick up after people.
More space.
You can use the extra room for whatever you want.

I'm not doing anything with the room. There's always vacations, summer, etc. Besides, even after graduation, they come back, don't they? Mentally, I can't do it anyway.

You're self-employeed IIRC, and you have no children in the house. everyday is yours now. nobody to answer to, nobody depending on you but you. If you want to sleep uuntill 11am, nobody pays for it but you. If you want to cancel anything you had going on tomorrow and get up at 4am and go fishing for the day, nobody pays for it but you. I certainly empathise with your uneasiness about the turning of a page in your life, but try to remember that many of us with small children and jobs that have us tied to a dest would love some time spent alone, doing whatever the hell strikes us as intersting at that momment. You're relatively young to have that privilage - most people don't get that until retirement when they're often too old or unhealthy to fully enjoy it.

Sourpuss! BTW, just because there's nobody else in the house, doesn't mean there's nobody to answer to. My clients have expectations and college isn't free. I think I'm going to miss the noise.......

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Well--you can have whatever you want for dinner. You can go out whenever you want. You can go away overnight whenever you want. You can read without interruption. You can pick up a new hobby and pursue it at your leisure. You can do crazy things for no reason-like seeing if you can go a week without spending more than$30. You can buy a whole bag of candy and eat it all and buy stinky smelly yuck pizza and eat the whole thing while watching the entirety of Firefly over a weekend.
YOu can exercise regularly. You can have time to pray the Liturgy of the Hours. YOu could take a random sentence out of Henry James or Faulkner each day and try to diagram it. LOL! I think I am starting to sound like a nerdy wierdo...so I'll stop....but not until I add that you can have parties whenever you want and that you can listen to whatever music you want as loud as you want ( hope that redeems me a little :D )

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well--you can have whatever you want for dinner. You can go out whenever you want. You can go away overnight whenever you want. You can read without interruption. You can pick up a new hobby and pursue it at your leisure. You can do crazy things for no reason-like seeing if you can go a week without spending more than$30. You can buy a whole bag of candy and eat it all and buy stinky smelly yuck pizza and eat the whole thing while watching the entirety of Firefly over a weekend.
YOu can exercise regularly. You can have time to pray the Liturgy of the Hours. YOu could take a random sentence out of Henry James or Faulkner each day and try to diagram it. LOL! I think I am starting to sound like a nerdy wierdo...so I'll stop....but not until I add that you can have parties whenever you want and that you can listen to whatever music you want as loud as you want ( hope that redeems me a little )

I can see what you have planned for yourself! I don't think the LOTH appeals to me nor the literary/grammatical exercises....more work than fun for me. However, the music idea really does speak to my ears. :D Just yesterday I downloaded 4 new songs onto my iPod and then in the evening took the dog to big open field and danced around while chasing after her. I didn't even care what the few other people there thought!

You can watch cartoons in your pajamas on a Saturday morning.

Whoopee! Do they still have Roadrunner and Bugs Bunny? I'm a bit out of the loop. Sometimes I see these animated shows on TV and they're nothing like the cartoons of old.

Sleep. Glorious sleep. :)

Sounds good, but the pup still has to go for a walk at some point!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by pumpkin princess
number 4 is just yet another example of how OBOB is turning into a sexually explicit gutter club and number 8 proves you're a heathen.

welcome to the club. If your dues are paid you get free inappropriate content for month.

Attn Mods: There must be a glitch in the system. This post disapeared somehow? :headscratch:

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Miss Shelby? What for? :confused:

(I'm not here as much as I used to - I miss all the juicy bits so it seems.)

I asked a mod. No answer. Apparently it's very important that we not talk about it. I started a thread about it and it got yanked. Karin started a thread about it and it got yanked. Best shut your mouth or they'll be asking to see you papers next, citizen.

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If an established member of OBOB is being banned, don't we others have a right to know?

That is exactly what I was told by FreeInChrist - one of those folks that enforces the rules here in OBOB but can't be bothered to actually be an active member of the comunity.

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I asked a mod. No answer. Apparently it's very important that we not talk about it. I started a thread about it and it got yanked. Karin started a thread about it and it got yanked. Best shut your mouth or they'll be asking to see you papers next, citizen.
I never understood that whole secrecy thing. Why can't we discuss the rules, reports and bans? The new CF is so lame. Also, I want my character back - still can't see it.

Miss Shelby, if you or your sock sees this, :hug: I miss you.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, I can see it if the member, Miss Shelby. maybe, doesn't want it to be known.

But the members here are friends, and can't really be kept in the dark about each other's absence.
I think it's not her style to want it to remain secret.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.