"Embedded Age" and Why it's Wrong

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Neat.

God told Adam to name the animals; but He named the stars Himself.

Well, fair is fair -- If Adam needs a help meet, it's only fitting he gets to name it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, fair is fair -- If Adam needs a help meet, it's only fitting he gets to name it.
Yes, and he named her "Eve," because, as Adam put it:

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

That means Linnaeus can take a hike.

If Eve was an animal, then she wasn't the mother of the animals that preceded her; nor would she be the mother of the animals after her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Forgot about that, was it Adam that named Eve woman?
God named them both ADAM:

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

But Adam changed his wife's name to EVE:

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God named them both ADAM:

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

But Adam changed his wife's name to EVE:

Cool, so Eve was named like the animals! :)

Upvote 0

Zosimus

Non-Christian non-evolution believer
Oct 3, 2013
Lima, Peru
✟17,000.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Neat.

God told Adam to name the animals; but He named the stars Himself.
Naming something is an act of dominion. It is symbolic of having control over something. Theoretically Adam was given dominion over every living creature. No one pretends that humans have control over the stars.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Naming something is an act of dominion. It is symbolic of having control over something. Theoretically Adam was given dominion over every living creature. No one pretends that humans have control over the stars.

Nobody sane, anyway...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good point!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know how helpful she was, she got him thrown out of Eden. Maybe he only has himself to blame for following her in eating from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What humans have does not matter. The question is what humans had. Many feel that, like Jesus, the second Adam, the original had control of nature. Like Jesus had fish come to a certain area, calmed weather, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did you refer to them in writing; writing in the capacity as a secretary for God?
Hey, all I'm saying is, just because Job refers to a constellation by name doesn't mean that name was ordained by God, and its silly to claim that's the only possible interpretation of the name appearing in Job.

Here's the reference:

Job 38:32
32 "Can you lead forth a constellation in its season,
And guide the Bear with her satellites?
NASU

Nothing about that being God's heavenly ordained name; perfectly sensible to understand it as the name used by Job and his friends at the time.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, all I'm saying is, just because Job refers to a constellation by name doesn't mean that name was ordained by God, and its silly to claim that's the only possible interpretation of the name appearing in Job.

Here's the reference:

Job 38:32
32 "Can you lead forth a constellation in its season,
And guide the Bear with her satellites?
NASU

Nothing about that being God's heavenly ordained name; perfectly sensible to understand it as the name used by Job and his friends at the time.
31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? 32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? 33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He knows each star by name. He called them a certain name in Job. He knows. You don't.
Even if He had told me the name of each star I would have forgotten it by now.
It is more wonderful then I am able to contain.

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Embedded age" is a theological belief in how God created the earth. Just as God created all of the plants, animals and humans in a state of maturity, he created the earth with "embedded age." This allows them to believe the earth is only around 6,000 years old yet shows signs that it is 4.5 billion.

Embedded age theology is indistinguishable from Omphalos
Big Bang theology is also indistinguishable from Omphalos.

According to the Big Bang model, the universe is only around 13.7 billion years old yet shows signs that it is 75 to 150 billion.

*A team of the British, American, and Hungarian astronomers have reported even larger structures. As per their findings, the universe is crossed by at least 13 'Great Walls', apparent rivers of galaxies 100Mpc long in the surveyed domain of 7 billion light years. They found galaxies clustered into bands spaced about 600 millon light years apart. The pattern of these clusters stretches across about one-fourth of the diameter of the universe, or about seven billion light years. This huge shell and void pattern would have required nearly 150 billion years to form, based on their speed of movement, if produced by the standard Big Bang cosmology (Lerner 1990).

Discovery of the Great Walls of galaxies and filamentary clumping of galactic mater has greatly upset the traditional notion that galactic matter should be uniformly distributed. If the universe began with a Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago, the awesome size of these large-scale structures is baffling because there is apparently not sufficient time available for such massive objects to form and to become organized.* -- Source

According to the Big Bang model, there are objects in the universe that are much more mature than the universe itself -- embedded age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0