British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Gordon Brown and David Cameron have clashed over spending cuts, tax and political reform in the first prime ministerial TV debate in the UK.
The Labour leader went on the attack against Mr Cameron during the historic 90 minute encounter saying he wanted to "airbrush" planned spending cuts.
The Tory leader accused Mr Brown of trying to "frighten" voters.
Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg said neither of them were being "straight" with voters about the scale of cuts needed.
BBC Political Editor Nick Robinson said the biggest impact of the contest will be the insertion of Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats into the nation's consciousness but nothing the other leaders said had fundamentally altered the general election debate.
The abiding memory of the contest could be "the other leaders saying 'I agree with Nick," he added.

BBC News - Election 2010: Three way clashes in historic TV debate

I thought Nick Clegg was brilliant in the debate. And 'Call me Dave' Cameron and Gordon Brown kept on saying 'I agree with Nick'. I think it was brilliant that the Lib Dems got their policies on equal footing and well known. However, if there is one policy I dislike from the Lib Dems, it is that of the scrapping of Trident. Brown raised a good point when he said with Iran and North Korea developing weapons, we cannot afford to relinquish our nuclear weapons just yet.