Feb 8, 2007
Romania
✟14,125.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Parintele-Justin-Parvu-04-foto-Cristina-Nichitus-Roncea-Precum-in-cer.jpg

Yesterday, the 6th of June, the Commemoration of the Holy Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council, Elder Iustin Parvu, the abbot of Petru Voda monastery in Romania has reposed in the Lord.

Fr Iustin (Justin) Parvu was born on the 10th of February 1919 in the village of Petru Voda in Neamt county, Romania, and received the baptism name of Iosif (Joseph), being the fifth child in his family.
He attended the primary school between 1926 and 1931 and two years of secondary school. In 1936 he became a brother in Durau monastery. In 1937 he is sent to attend the seminary of Cernica and then the ones in Valcea and Roman. He was tonsured in 1940 and in 1941 he becomes a hieromonk.
During the WWII, between 1943 and 1944, he is sent as a missionary priest on the Eastern Front.
In 1948 he was sentenced by the communists to 12 years of jail, which he served in the extermination camps of Aiud, Baia Sprie, Gherla and Periprava. In 1960, after the 12 years have passed, he is sentenced to another 4 years. He is released in 1964 and returns to his parents' home. Between 1966 and 1974 he was a hieromonk at Secu monastery and then at Bistrita monastery until 1989. In 1989 he returns to Secu and then, in 1991 he started building the monastery of Petru Voda and became its' abbot. In 2000 he built a nun monastery nearby and also a hospital, an orphanage and a retirement center for elderly women. He built also other monasteries like the ones at Aiud and Poarta Alba (near the communist prison camps).

May the Lord give him rest among His saints!

(translated from Parintele Justin Parvu implineste azi 94 de ani | anomismi)
Photos by Cristina Nichitus Roncea

Parintele-Justin-Parvu-01-foto-Cristina-Nichitus-Roncea-Precum-in-cer.jpg

Last edited:

ma2000

Veteran
Feb 8, 2007
Romania
✟14,125.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
A short recording of Elder Iustin:

Elder Justin Parvu of Petru Voda - YouTube

A meeting between Elder Iustin and Elder Ioanichie Balan, the author of Shepherd of Souls. The translation is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2mqGvRn-yg

Fr Iustin: Father!
Fr Ioanichie: I kiss your hand!
Fr Iustin: God bless! Rejoice!

Fr Iustin: We’ve met during difficult times at Bistrita (monastery). We lived there for 12 years. […]

Fr Ioanichie: Bear the man one more step and give me hope that I will be redeemed!
Fr Iustin: May we shall both be..
Fr Ioanichie: My Lord and Mother of God! My Lord and Mother of God, don’t leave us!

Fr Ioanichie: .. you are my father, because I stayed in here (at Fr Iustin’s bosom). If I didn’t stay in here, it would have been a lot harder!
Fr Iustin: A lot harder! May the Lord bless you and may we be redeemed!
Fr Ioanichie: If anyone is angry with me, what can be done?
Fr Iustin: We don’t give up, we don’t give up!
Fr Ioanichie: […] I hope that the Good Lord will give me redemption..
Fr Iustin: Forgiveness for all things!

Fr Ioanichie: Let us not fall from the good into the evil!
Fr Iustin: Let us not fall from the grace!
Fr Ioanichie: Yes, from the grace!

Fr Ioanichie: My poor father!

Fr Ioanichie: Father Iustin!
Fr Iustin: You came to visit us a bit..
Fr Ioanichie: I wished and I still wish you to be healthy and good and for me to step on the land of Father Iustin’s monastery.. Now, whatever will be.. the Lord and the Mother of God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0