Illinois
✟20,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A couple of suggestions for what teachers and students should do in class. If you have any suggestions then you may post them here.

1. Q&As: When it comes to math, and reading. Write the question sentence down and write the Q and the question number before it. Then, write the answer down below the question.
2: Vocabulary: Instruct students to bring a dictionary in class or use a dictionary online to search for certain in-class definitions and study the definitions.
3. Speech Improvement- the teacher give the students to pronounce 5 or 10 words, say a couple of few sentences, encourage the student to speak a bit clearly and louder, and have each student say greetings, and start conversation exercises.
4. Student's Choice: when a student becomes a junior or senior in High School they choose the classes that they'll like to pick.

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much everything you've written I've seen in every class I've either taught or been a student in. Plus, I believe there is a separate forum for education topics which may give you more responses.

Upvote 0

LinkxPeach

Feb 25, 2011
Illinois
✟20,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pretty much everything you've written I've seen in every class I've either taught or been a student in. Plus, I believe there is a separate forum for education topics which may give you more responses.

Which separate forum?

Upvote 0

Mediate

Only Borrowed
Jan 31, 2013
✟8,492.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
A couple of suggestions for what teachers and students should do in class. If you have any suggestions then you may post them here.

1. Q&As: When it comes to math, and reading. Write the question sentence down and write the Q and the question number before it. Then, write the answer down below the question.
2: Vocabulary: Instruct students to bring a dictionary in class or use a dictionary online to search for certain in-class definitions and study the definitions.
3. Speech Improvement- the teacher give the students to pronounce 5 or 10 words, say a couple of few sentences, encourage the student to speak a bit clearly and louder, and have each student say greetings, and start conversation exercises.
4. Student's Choice: when a student becomes a junior or senior in High School they choose the classes that they'll like to pick.

I assume you're a teacher? Personally, I believe total educational reform in the UK and around the world is needed. Our current compulsory educational system confines children into adopting a perspective that is geared towards the needs of a predominantly capitalist world whose motives and rationales are nothing like a child's.

Children go to school at first and wonder 'why do I need to be here?' Many, in years to come, assimilate to the mould under premises like 'if you have no money, you have no life', or 'we have to get a good job, be smarter, better and brighter than others to find a partner and be happy'.

Our educational systems current ideals throw out everything that makes children special and unique - their default emotional mode, their innate desire for happiness not based on materials - and teaches them a superficial attitude to almost everything.

We force children to stay in a building several hours each day for years, teaching them things which may be of absolutely no interest to them, until all their childhood and most of their teenage years are spent. In adult life, this would be considered imprisonment.

Would you ever let someone trap you in a room several hours a day, force-feeding you information you have inherently no desire to hear? That's a brainwashing technique from Guantanamo Bay.

While I agree education is important, I believe a standard model for curriculum is not necessary and in fact is unnatural and dangerous. A parent should be obliged to send their child to school, but that child should be under no obligation to learn specific curricula.

We should find out what interests those children and teach them it in whole terms.

When I was a child, I hated school, but I was very, very good at it. I was top of my class for the best part of fifteen years. However, I quickly became disillusioned with schooling, mostly because I was fed information in the most simplistic 'this is how it is' terms, and if I asked 'but why' I was told 'that's for when you go to secondary school', or 'don't question, just learn'.

I was intensely interested in space, in music, in stories (both reading and writing) and in philosophies. I wanted to know everything I could about these things, and I believe, had I been given mentors willing to teach me these in depth, I would have made many, many times the progress I have made.

Money has never motivated me.

I asked difficult questions as a child and to be frank, teachers were offended. I always went against the grain.

But to this day, I strongly disagree that a capitalist model is the best model, considering the atrocities committed because of it, all around the world. Mostly, selfish motives seem to rule our present world and it is evident in our foreign policy, or financial models, our distribution of wealth, our fiat-money system, and even in the education of our children.

It makes me very sad that educational institutions encourage children to relinquish their own innate sensibilities, and even sadder that children who are intelligent enough to question their educators and their education are branded reprobates and non-conformists - like non-conformity is always a bad thing!

The truth is, children are educated under threat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LinkxPeach

Feb 25, 2011
Illinois
✟20,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I assume you're a teacher? Personally, I believe total educational reform in the UK and around the world is needed. Our current compulsory educational system confines children into adopting a perspective that is geared towards the needs of a predominantly capitalist world whose motives and rationales are nothing like a child's.

Children go to school at first and wonder 'why do I need to be here?' Many, in years to come, assimilate to the mould under premises like 'if you have no money, you have no life', or 'we have to get a good job, be smarter, better and brighter than others to find a partner and be happy'.

Our educational systems current ideals throw out everything that makes children special and unique - their default emotional mode, their innate desire for happiness not based on materials - and teaches them a superficial attitude to almost everything.

We force children to stay in a building several hours each day for years, teaching them things which may be of absolutely no interest to them, until all their childhood and most of their teenage years are spent. In adult life, this would be considered imprisonment.

Would you ever let someone trap you in a room several hours a day, force-feeding you information you have inherently no desire to hear? That's a brainwashing technique from Guantanamo Bay.

While I agree education is important, I believe a standard model for curriculum is not necessary and in fact is unnatural and dangerous. A parent should be obliged to send their child to school, but that child should be under no obligation to learn specific curricula.

We should find out what interests those children and teach them it in whole terms.

When I was a child, I hated school, but I was very, very good at it. I was top of my class for the best part of fifteen years. However, I quickly became disillusioned with schooling, mostly because I was fed information in the most simplistic 'this is how it is' terms, and if I asked 'but why' I was told 'that's for when you go to secondary school', or 'don't question, just learn'.

I was intensely interested in space, in music, in stories (both reading and writing) and in philosophies. I wanted to know everything I could about these things, and I believe, had I been given mentors willing to teach me these in depth, I would have made many, many times the progress I have made.

Money has never motivated me.

I asked difficult questions as a child and to be frank, teachers were offended. I always went against the grain.

But to this day, I strongly disagree that a capitalist model is the best model, considering the atrocities committed because of it, all around the world. Mostly, selfish motives seem to rule our present world and it is evident in our foreign policy, or financial models, our distribution of wealth, our fiat-money system, and even in the education of our children.

It makes me very sad that educational institutions encourage children to relinquish their own innate sensibilities, and even sadder that children who are intelligent enough to question their educators and their education are branded reprobates and non-conformists - like non-conformity is always a bad thing!

The truth is, children are educated under threat.

I believe the reason why kids believe they go to school to do nothing is because some teachers don't remind their students to study, read their books, and do their homework often. They expect us to do our assignments and get good grades like them though even when some of us don't.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I like the students choice, I think there should be more elective classes or at least additional choices within certain subjects (like choosing between creative writing or an additional literature class).

Upvote 0