Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm going to Seder meal at my church the Wednesday before, and then church on Sunday. Probably do some things in between there AND have a easter egg hunt for the kiddos. Trying to think of a way to explain the hunt to them and tie it into the story of the resurrection. :D

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My church also has a special Easter musical/drama. I used to be in it every year, but this year I was a little more busy I guess. My family and I will probably go and see it this year. Maybe we'll even wake up early and go to the sunrise service on the beach too, where all of the churches in my town unite together. I've always wanted to go, but I somehow always manage to sleep past it. :(

We always have a big Easter dinner too. Kind of like Thanksgiving. (We really like the whole huge-Thanksgiving-feast thing in my family, so we look for every possible opportunity throughout the year to do it again. And Easter seems like the best one, even more fitting than Thanksgiving!)

Probably do some things in between there AND have a easter egg hunt for the kiddos. Trying to think of a way to explain the hunt to them and tie it into the story of the resurrection. :D
My mom used to tell me that the eggs were a symbol of rebirth and a new life in Christ. I have no idea if that's true or if she just made it up, but hey, it could work, right?

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to Seder meal at my church the Wednesday before, and then church on Sunday. Probably do some things in between there AND have a easter egg hunt for the kiddos. Trying to think of a way to explain the hunt to them and tie it into the story of the resurrection. :D
Hide an empty egg and then when they find it ; explain that it is empty just like the tomb was empty!

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. I've had the lucky opportunity to have a meal there as well, if you're speaking about the restaurant at Lemi (can't remember the exact name.) - my grandfather had his 80th birthday celebration there, it was indeed delicious :p

What are you kidding? You've been there too? :D LOL the world is small!

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

Oh fun!!!

This just made me think...has anyone ever made that...oh I don't remember the name exactly ..but the resurrection thing you bake with marshmallows or something?

My church also has a special Easter musical/drama. I used to be in it every year, but this year I was a little more busy I guess. My family and I will probably go and see it this year. Maybe we'll even wake up early and go to the sunrise service on the beach too, where all of the churches in my town unite together. I've always wanted to go, but I somehow always manage to sleep past it. :(

We always have a big Easter dinner too. Kind of like Thanksgiving. (We really like the whole huge-Thanksgiving-feast thing in my family, so we look for every possible opportunity throughout the year to do it again. And Easter seems like the best one, even more fitting than Thanksgiving!)
:D I hope you get to the sunrise one this year!

Upvote 0

Ceta_cea

I'm a Kings Daugther
Mar 1, 2011
a village near Lucerne
✟7,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For my family eastern is always very special and a family weekend. We most likely will go to church on "Good Friday" and also on eastern sunday. On Good Friday we always watch the movie about jesus life. We probably will meet with dads family, because they also are christians. I don't know if we plan anything else.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
This easter will be the first year I won't be celebrating it. On it, I'll probably do the usual family gathering thing. While I'm living at home I'll probably still attend church... I probably shouldn't, but it will be much easier than arguing with my traditional family :doh:

However I'm looking forward to celebrating my first passover, unleavened bread, and firstfruits this month! :bow:

and prostrating before a mere man, calling him "Holy Father" as your church seems to approve and encourage.
This I find very strange... it's as if they read Matityahu 23:9 and decided to do the opposite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

Marycita

This easter will be the first year I won't be celebrating it. On it, I'll probably do the usual family gathering thing. While I'm living at home I'll probably still attend church... I probably shouldn't, but it will be much easier than arguing with my traditional family :doh:

However I'm looking forward to celebrating my first passover, unleavened bread, and firstfruits this month! :bow:

Oh very cool. How are you doing that, if I may ask?

Easter plans.

Oh yeah; that's what the thread is about.
I love you! ♥

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In my family, every easter morning we would have an egg hunt before we went to church. Among the candy and pennies eggs would be these:

Resurrection Eggs - Publishing, Familylife - LifeWay Christian Stores

When all the eggs were found, we would sit down together and my Dad would go through the story of Christ's death and resurrection. Then we would all pray and head to church.

I always thought it was pretty special and took the focus away from just the candy.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

In my family, every easter morning we would have an egg hunt before we went to church. Among the candy and pennies eggs would be these:

Resurrection Eggs - Publishing, Familylife - LifeWay Christian Stores

When all the eggs were found, we would sit down together and my Dad would go through the story of Christ's death and resurrection. Then we would all pray and head to church.

I always thought it was pretty special and took the focus away from just the candy.

I love that!! :D

On a side note: I really kind of miss getting Easter Baskets. :sigh:
^_^ Me too..well more so the looking for them. My mom still does baskets for us haha!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
^_^ Me too..well more so the looking for them. My mom still does baskets for us haha!
That was one childhood tradition my mom dropped really quick. Now if I can only get her to drop the annoying Christmas ones...

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

Go to church, celebrate the resurrection of the Author of Life.

That's deep, I know. :p
^_^ Fun!

I'll be on a flight back home after spending a week with O. We're going to go to a Passoever Seder, but I won't be attending church on Sunday. It's going to take all day to get home.
Oooohh cool though...spending Easter up in the clouds :D

I'll probably go to my sister's church.
Yay!

That was one childhood tradition my mom dropped really quick. Now if I can only get her to drop the annoying Christmas ones...
Bah humbug :p

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Oh very cool. How are you doing that, if I may ask?
With pleasure! I think acknowledging and observing the appointed time is all that is necessary, I hope. Directly after talking about what to do for Passover God says "And this day shall be to you a memorial. You shall keep it as a feast to YHWH throughout your generations, keep it as an ordinance forever" Exodus 12:14.

Some people still buy a lamb and prepare it on the 14th of the first month (Nissan) or April sometime, as God instructed. The deal was that Yah was fed up with people worshipping false gods, and said he was going to kill the first-born of every house which didn't have the lambs blood on the door; showing He is more powerful than their gods. So the Passover lamb's blood on the door saved the Israelites from dying. It's also a dress rehearsal for 33 ca. where on the same day Yahshua's blood, our perfect lamb saved us permanently from the result of sin, which is death. All of the feasts or convocations are like this, the first 4 have already been fulfilled through our Messiyah, and the remaining 3 will be fulfilled when He returns! :)

So in conclusion, I'm celebrating it the same way and similar reason you're celebrating Easter. Basically to remember Yahshua's sacrifice and atonement for our sins. Only on the day God tells us to in His Torah, and not the roman catholics version with the name of a German goddess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0