Easter

M

Marycita

So....what are your plans for Easter?

I have no idea what my plans are...but quite frankly, I want different plans this year than I've had in the past. I'm rather tired of going to church alone on Easter, and then having dinner with my family, who if they mention the reason for Easter at all, mocks it, and then spending the rest of the time with my extended family not paying attention to Easter either.

Oh, it just frustrates me :sorry: I just wish this Easter would be different..mostly I wish that I didn't have to go to church alone.

It's also the weekend right before my and my brother's birthday, and I know there's going to be more emphasis on that than on Easter and that just makes me sad...

and apparently, I'm rant-y and whiny today :sorry:

Anywho - I really do wanna know what everyone else is doing for Easter :D

Reactions: BRISH

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I'll attend a mass with a herd of friends on the night between Saturday and Sunday and possibly visit my parents on one of the days. I don't know which one yet, and I don't know what else I'll do... Sounds like mostly a friend Easter in good old Helsinki for me.. :/ Some small part of me wishes I could go and do some easter egg hunting with my brother :)sorry: x 1000000000000000) and visit a church service or two with some of my extended family from mums side and then go see my dad's side of my family and have some of this awesomely special lamb treat that you get at about one restaurant in the world... But I know it won't happen so yeah. More realistic would be at least getting to church with someone or by myself and seeing at least my parents and brother. I might need to call an aunt of mine as well and pray with her and talk things through.

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well,my easter plans actually start the wednesday night before Easter, when our church has The Lord's Supper (aka Communion) AND footwashing, in ceremonial preperation and celebration of Easter, then on Easter Sunday I'll be up WELL before the crack of dawn and drive the 17 miles from my house to chuch for sunrise service (one of my favorite services of the year) and then go to breakfast with some church family and then continue my usual sunday routine. :)

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

I am most likely going to a couple of church services with my aunt and friend. My family sometimes has a dinner. Unfortunately, they don't celebrate the real meaning of it.

And it is ok to rant! lol I hope you do have a good time.

Thank you, I'm sure I will..I can't NOT enjoy Easter, really! I'm just complaining...I just love Easter, even more than Christmas, and I haven't been able to celebrate it the way I want yet, I guess...

I hope you have a blast with your aunt and friend! I'm sorry your family doesn't celebrate Him :prayer:

I think I'll attend a mass with a herd of friends on the night between Saturday and Sunday and possibly visit my parents on one of the days. I don't know which one yet, and I don't know what else I'll do... Sounds like mostly a friend Easter in good old Helsinki for me.. :/ Some small part of me wishes I could go and do some easter egg hunting with my brother :)sorry: x 1000000000000000) and visit a church service or two with some of my extended family from mums side and then go see my dad's side of my family and have some of this awesomely special lamb treat that you get at about one restaurant in the world... But I know it won't happen so yeah. More realistic would be at least getting to church with someone or by myself and seeing at least my parents and brother. I might need to call an aunt of mine as well and pray with her and talk things through.

Lamb? I've never had lamb...Can't bring myself to ever try it...

That would be so cool if you *did* end up getting to go easter egg hunting ^_^
I'm moving into my new place...if I have the time and I'm not too tired, I'm going to find a church to go to. :)
Ha! Exciting!! I hope you find a great church :D

well,my easter plans actually start the wednesday night before Easter, when our church has The Lord's Supper (aka Communion) AND footwashing, in ceremonial preperation and celebration of Easter, then on Easter Sunday I'll be up WELL before the crack of dawn and drive the 17 miles from my house to chuch for sunrise service (one of my favorite services of the year) and then go to breakfast with some church family and then continue my usual sunday routine. :)
Oh that is TOO cool..My church has a tennebrae service (I think I spelled that right :p) , but I've never heard of churches having a footwashing....that's awesome!

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lamb? I've never had lamb...Can't bring myself to ever try it...

That would be so cool if you *did* end up getting to go easter egg hunting ^_^

Really? You've never had lamb? Oh well, usually it's not all too good - I suppose it's hard to make it right. In fact the only good type of lamb I've ever had was the one I was talking about LOL. :p

And yes, I guess there really is something cool about easter egg hunting still and not only the easter eggs themselves. :D

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: i'm sorry you have to go to church alone on Easter.....that has been my experience for many years. And to go to a big dinner with family with no mention of why Easter is celbrated at all or it's even mocked. It can be really tough. Hang in there! :hug:

This year is my last Easter at my church so i'm going to services there. My church usually has a big drama for the morning service (drama as in a skit or play not as in the kind that makes you ride a llama) and a full orchestra. I missed it last year as I was out of town so I want to go this year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

Marycita

:hug: i'm sorry you have to go to church alone on Easter.....that has been my experience for many years. And to go to a big dinner with family with no mention of why Easter is celbrated at all or it's even mocked. It can be really tough. Hang in there! :hug:

This year is my last Easter at my church so i'm going to services there. My church usually has a big drama for the morning service (drama as in a skit or play not as in the kind that makes you ride a llama) and a full orchestra. I missed it last year as I was out of town so I want to go this year.
Thank you. :hug: I appreciate it. One year, my brother picked up the Bible and started reading, drilling me with anything on the top of his head... that year, I ended up in my room alone, watching Narnia. My brothers always seem to think of new ways to get to me..but hey....

Oh how fun - that sounds so amazing!! I hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
my church is holding a Passover Seder for Good Friday, and then I'm working all weeked :sorry: so no big plans. but we'll have a family dinner in there somewhere. And I'm not sure if I'll make it to church that Sunday (depends on when mom wants to have our Easter dinner) I don't even know if my family wants to go to church that Sunday.

Its a little bizarre being the only person in my family who goes to church having been raised in a devout church-going family :doh: but I can symapthise with you there at least. It sucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My grandparents and sister/BIL will be in town so we will all go to my church's service on Easter morning then have a big dinner that afternoon.

There is an Easter Egg hunt at my church on Saturday for children that I might go to just to take pictures but that is up in the air.

You could always come down and join us this year Mary! :) You know you want to take a road trip LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't really have any spectacular plans for Easter. Normally I go to church on Easter day. This will be my first Easter since I moved to a different church so I don't really know what their normal Easter service involves - it'll be a surprise :p. Then I go home where we get to open our Easter eggs and, after dinner, me and my younger siblings go for an Easter mini-egg hunt in the garden (I may be 23 but I'm still a big kid at heart :D)

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Celebrating Easter for me would be subjecting myself to doctrines and practices I do not agree with nor believe are true.

I do believe in the risen Messiah. However, I do not believe He rose on the day dedicated to the Sun. Most churches venerate the day and what's more - often actually use it to express disdain for the Jews and the law.

I also believe that "good" Friday - "easter" Sunday mock the very words of Christ in the sign of Jonah for anyone who can count 3 days and 3 nights.

So I'll be working Sunday as normal.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

My grandparents and sister/BIL will be in town so we will all go to my church's service on Easter morning then have a big dinner that afternoon.

There is an Easter Egg hunt at my church on Saturday for children that I might go to just to take pictures but that is up in the air.

You could always come down and join us this year Mary! :) You know you want to take a road trip LOL

Oooooo that would be fun...I SO would if a)gas prices weren't horrific b) I actually had time off and c) I had the money ^_^

I'll probably go to church since I haven't been in forever (I definitely need Communion as well) and my family usually gets together, so I'll have that to look forward to.
Awesome :) Have fun

This year I'll be going to my church's Holy Thursday and Good Friday services and probably going to the sunrise service they'll be having on Easter. This year will just be me and my brother for Easter.
That's kind of exciting, just the two of ya!

I don't really have any spectacular plans for Easter. Normally I go to church on Easter day. This will be my first Easter since I moved to a different church so I don't really know what their normal Easter service involves - it'll be a surprise :p. Then I go home where we get to open our Easter eggs and, after dinner, me and my younger siblings go for an Easter mini-egg hunt in the garden (I may be 23 but I'm still a big kid at heart :D)
Oh I'm with you ...I want to do an Easter egg hunt...never have...

And I hope you enjoy the service!

Celebrating Easter for me would be subjecting myself to doctrines and practices I do not agree with nor believe are true.

I do believe in the risen Messiah. However, I do not believe He rose on the day dedicated to the Sun. Most churches venerate the day and what's more - often actually use it to express disdain for the Jews and the law.

I also believe that "good" Friday - "easter" Sunday mock the very words of Christ in the sign of Jonah for anyone who can count 3 days and 3 nights.

So I'll be working Sunday as normal.
hm...okay...

Upvote 0

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'll attend the liturgy alone as well.. but what better place to go alone than to Church, though. I'll probably visit my parents at some point, but no bigger plans than that. We have three services in our parish in a time frame of 24 hours during the weekend so I'll have to see if I manage to attend to all of them :)

... have some of this awesomely special lamb treat that you get at about one restaurant in the world...

Hmm. I've had the lucky opportunity to have a meal there as well, if you're speaking about the restaurant at Lemi (can't remember the exact name.) - my grandfather had his 80th birthday celebration there, it was indeed delicious :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0