Earth vs. the ‘Let There Be Light!’ Big Bang.

Is God's seven days of Creation plausable?

• yes

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Earth verses the big bang is the epic, David and Goliath battle, of God’s Creation story. God created Earth first, then the ‘Big Bang’, ‘Let There Be Light!’. Atheist scientists hate this part of God’s Creation story and disallow the thought of earth being created apart from their ‘Big Bang’. The thing is, for us, one week’s time, creationists, the way God explains it, we have two separate events. Two separate events allows for Time Dilation, big time!, in God’s Creation of everything that exists.

God created the earth. Earth existed for a while before light was created by God. God ‘s ‘Let There Be Light!’ is the ‘Big Bang’ going off. All of a sudden, next to earth, was the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle. Some say that God is not powerful enough to accelerate a planet the size of earth to light speed. I say, God popping into existence the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle is, light speed for earth accomplished! The gravitational pull of the mass of one septillion stars, on the head of a needle, is enough force to put earth into light speed, immediately. Or God can simply have created earth into existence already traveling at the speed of light. Science tells us that empty space probably flowed out into existence in front of the Big Bang. There is earth, traveling at the speed of light, through empty space, riding the wave of empty space coming into existence. Surfs up Dude!

With the explosion of the big bang, now earth has a light source to revolve next to, and thus day and night, equaling the passage of time; or in other words, days going by and the passage of time. God’s clock, as well as our clock on earth, even scientists with theoretical starships, is our revolving earth past a light source. God did not put the sun and stars into earth’s sky until the fourth day of creation. For four days, the 'Big Bang' was earth's, day vs night, light source. Using Time Dilation, the earth, traveling at the speed of light, and the big bang, traveling at a much slower velocity, then billions of years of star formation can occur in four days. This is Time Dilation. It only makes sense for God to do it this way. The explosion of the ‘Big Bang’ needs time to cool off before God inserts earth into the ‘big bang’ Cosmos. Besides that, even traveling at the speed of light, light is going to need some time to travel the billions of miles from the stars to earths target area of our sun’s orbit. So earth traveling at, or near, the speed of light, only makes sense for God to do it this way, while billions of years of star formation come into existence, for every day/night rotation on earth.

After a couple days on earth, which equates to many billions of years at the lower velocity of the big bang, earth enters into the the big bang debris field. Stars have already been born, lived, went super nova, and died in this debris area. Remember, earth, traveling near the speed of light is only seeing days go by while the big bang Cosmos has already experienced many billions of years of elapsing time, due to Time Dilation. Earth is absorbing some of this, billions of years old, debris like bugs on a windshield. The reason earth looks five billion years old is due to this, bugs on a windshield, effect on young earth that was born before the big bang, traveling through the billions of years of debris of the big bang. Earth herself is only days old while the debris she is runing into and absorbing is billions of years old. This is Time Dilation.

Finally, earth is captured by our sun’s gravitational pull and imprisoned in our sun’s orbit, on the fourth day of creation. A couple days go by on earth and God put man on earth. And God said, ‘It is good!’.

Anything can happen when God and Time Dilation are involved.

Creationists are not asking atheist scientists to say that this is the way it happened. Creationists are only asking atheist scientists to confirm that seven days of creation by God is a plausable and acceptable theory.

Time dilation and space flight

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human traveling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home. Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime. The space travelers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle.

Quoted From: Wikipedia Time Dilation

• Agree
Reactions: D2wing

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Earth verses the big bang is the epic, David and Goliath battle, of God’s Creation story. God created Earth first, then the ‘Big Bang’, ‘Let There Be Light!’. Atheist scientists hate this part of God’s Creation story and disallow the thought of earth being created apart from their ‘Big Bang’.

Going to stop you right there, and point out that the person who first proposed the Big Bang Theory, Geoges Lemaitre, was a Catholic priest in addition to being a scientist, and mainstream cosmologists at the time rejected it, partially due to how it sounded somewhat similar to the Genesis creation story. But he was later vindicated when they actually investigated it and found that the evidence was on Lemaitre's side. So your little narrative here is way off.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Going to stop you right there, and point out that the person who first proposed the Big Bang Theory, Geoges Lemaitre, was a Catholic priest in addition to being a scientist, and mainstream cosmologists at the time rejected it, partially due to how it sounded somewhat similar to the Genesis creation story. But he was later vindicated when they actually investigated it and found that the evidence was on Lemaitre's side. So your little narrative here is way off.

Hello Starthos,

I and Catholic priest Geoges Lemaitre agree that the Big Bang happenned. I disagree with the Athiests who demand that earth was included in the Big Bang rather than created before and along side the big bang.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what, you're proposing that earth existed outside of the universe?

Hello Strathos,
If you only want to call the 'big bang' the Universe, and not everything else in the universe, meaning earth, the universe, in the first four days of the Universe.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Strathos,
If you only want to call the 'big bang' the Universe, and not everything else in the universe, meaning earth, the universe, in the first four days of the Universe.

I'm not sure I get it, but okay... I've heard stranger ideas

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Strathos,
Atheist Cosmos scientists demand that earth came about from, and within, the 'Big Bang'. God's story of creation tells us that earth was here first and before He said, 'Let There Be Light!', which is what scientists see as the 'Big Bang'. So as long as you and I agree that earth was here before the 'Big Bang', we are cool.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does it really matter?
Hello Wolfe,
I watched a video called 'The Cosmos' by Stephen Hawking. Hawking was briliant in all his research on billions of years of the Cosmos. All of a sudden Hawking went on the attack of seven days of creation by our God, on the week Adam was made. What? Hawking is an athiest who, because he is diabled, is out to attack God. Its like, athiest scientists should stick with telling us the scientific facts. Athiests should stay out of Christian theology. Let us Christians decide whether or not God can create the Universe in the week Adam was made.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello Wolfe,
I watched a video called 'The Cosmos' by Stephen Hawking. Hawking was briliant in all his research on billions of years of the Cosmos. All of a sudden Hawking went on the attack of seven days of creation by our God, on the week Adam was made. What? Hawking is an athiest who, because he is diabled, is out to attack God. Its like, athiest scientists should stick with telling us the scientific facts. Athiests should stay out of Christian theology. Let us Christians decide whether or not God can create the Universe in the week Adam was made.
Ultimately I don't think it matters.

If God can create a fully grown man, in an instantly grown garden.
Why can he not create an old looking universe?

We observe things the way we can see them at face value, not necessarily the way it is.

Either way, it doesn't debunk the creation story. Using it as an argument against it is flawed, and quite frankly unintelligent, if I may say so.

And I don't think Stephen Hawking is quite as smart as everyone seems to think he his.
He may be fairly smart, but I think we need to understand that he isn't all knowing.
What he says isn't truth automatically, just because the great and powerful Hawking said so.

6000, 13.7 billion. I don't care. I know God did it, I know the God of the bible is The God. There is no reason to put a pointless date on how old the universe is. Because it is pointless, it proves, or disproves, nothing else but how old it actually is.

If you proved 100% the earth was 6000 years old, there would still be Atheist.
if God wrote a message in the stars, the Atheist would say "Those clever Christians".

No amount of evidence will convince the unwilling.
Sad but true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll as a question that no one answered in another thread .. If there was a Big Bang billions of years ago then shouldn't there be a well defined and vacant center of space at the center point of the Big Bang starting point ?

Hello 4x4,
Gravitation grabs things and pulls them away from their original path to another path. Like the moon orbiting earth. The Apollo asternauts actually used, the moon, (ok I think it was the moon, maybe the earth) as a slingshot to get them back home when they were in distress. So it is like the game of billyards, things bounce off the gravitational pull of other things and bounce around, and change, even reverse direction, to all places in the universe.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello 4x4,
Gravitation grabs things and pulls them away from their original path to another path. Like the moon orbiting earth. The Apollo asternauts actually used, the moon, (ok I think it was the moon, maybe the earth) as a slingshot to get them back home when they were in distress. So it is like the game of billyards, things bounce off the gravitational pull of other things and bounce around, and change, even reverse direction, to all places in the universe.

But the instant of the BB, wasn't all matter exploded at gravitational escape velocity ? Plus the universe is not only expanding but accelerating . While God says he stretches the heavens out like a curtain ..

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some understand the Genesis statement of "....God created the heavens and the Earth...." as a chronologically correct sequence of events involving the initial Big Bang followed by Earth's creation and the subsequent days that follow as merely a description of how the Earth was prepared for human habitation after both heavens and Earth had already been created.

The statement of "Let there be light!" is understood as a reference to how the sun's light was allowed to finally reach Earth's surface as opposed to the darkness over the waters that prevailed prior to this.

The ""making"" of the sun moon and stars are also understood as their light being finally made visible from Earth's surface . The Hebrew word "made" can be understood as merely causing to appear or become visible. So it poses no problem for this concept.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Albert Einstein
In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, p. 214)

Hello Radrook,
I so much want to get into Albert Einstein. But he will be another thread. When Einstein first looked at the complete chaos that the Quantum world was in, he was horrified. (the quantum world is the world of electrons, protons and nuetrons, basically the building blocks which everything we see and touch in the big world is made of). Albert Einstein was used to our big world where mathmatics and carfull mesurments, even in the nanoseconds, were important and solid. When Einstein looked at the quantum world and saw that everything was in complete chaos, until man looked at it, he was horrified. When and how did an electron evolve into the understanding that man was looking at them? It caused Einstein to state, 'I would like to think the moon was there even when I was not looking at it'. It is God who commands electrons, nutrons and protons to show man what God wants man to see. Wow! Wow! Wow! Talk about God having the override button for miracles to happen or showing man anything He wants man to see, Wow! Wow! Wow! I cannot explain it, Wow!

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Mary7

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2015
Mississippi
✟75,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does it really matter?
I used to participate in Christian chat rooms years ago and found that rather than witnessing to the unsaved who were there to learn (or just to fight), that some Christian without fail, would bring up evolution and everyone was off and running! Every single time. Forget about discussing sin and salvation. The atheists who believed in evolution were becoming more and more turned off by the Christians. I think the enemy uses this topic for division and to get the focus off Jesus and salvation.

Personally I believe that God created all. How he did it does not matter to me and is certainly not worth arguing with non believers because it is a major stumbling block to so many who already have a hard time with Christianity.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mary,

You wrote:

Personally I believe that God created all. How he did it does not matter to me and is certainly not worth arguing with non believers because it is a major stumbling block to so many who already have a hard time with Christianity.

While I agree with that statement, over here in the 'CHRISTIAN ONLY!' forums, we are not discussing with atheists or other non-believers. Over here, the attempt is to sharpen as iron sharpens iron. To mature in our understanding of the God we claim to believe in. I would certainly never open a discussion of the salvation that God holds out to us, with an unbeliever, trying to convince them that the truth of God in the Genesis account is of any importance at all. I believe that these are the 'deeper' things of God that Paul speaks of that we believers should be striving to understand.

Quite frankly, there's really not much reason for us to go to Sunday worship every week if all we're intended to be doing is telling the truth to the unbelievers. But that isn't what the Scriptures explain to us. We are to be doing that. But, we are also to be growing in our faith and knowledge and wisdom of the Lord. Paul, while he does spend time sharing the gospel with unbelievers, also wrote letters intended to be sent to fellowships of believers. So, I don't see that any of the first apostles considered practicing faith to be only about going out and preaching the gospel to the lost. There was also maturing in the faith among the body of believers.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Earth verses the big bang is the epic, David and Goliath battle, of God’s Creation story. God created Earth first, then the ‘Big Bang’, ‘Let There Be Light!’. Atheist scientists hate this part of God’s Creation story and disallow the thought of earth being created apart from their ‘Big Bang’. The thing is, for us, one week’s time, creationists, the way God explains it, we have two separate events. Two separate events allows for Time Dilation, big time!, in God’s Creation of everything that exists.

Yes, however; the heaven and the earth we live on cannot exist without the stars and the stars were not made until the fourth day, in Genesis 1:16. Therefore, the heavens and the earth were created from everlasting in Genesis 1:1, and not made in this Universe until he made the stars also on the fourth day of the creation.

God created the earth. Earth existed for a while before light was created by God. God ‘s ‘Let There Be Light!’ is the ‘Big Bang’ going off. All of a sudden, next to earth, was the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle. Some say that God is not powerful enough to accelerate a planet the size of earth to light speed. I say, God popping into existence the mass of one septillion stars on the head of a needle is, light speed for earth accomplished! The gravitational pull of the mass of one septillion stars, on the head of a needle, is enough force to put earth into light speed, immediately. Or God can simply have created earth into existence already traveling at the speed of light. Science tells us that empty space probably flowed out into existence in front of the Big Bang. There is earth, traveling at the speed of light, through empty space, riding the wave of empty space coming into existence. Surfs up Dude!

No, light was not created, light was allowed to happen in Genesis 1:3 with, “Let there be light: and there was light.” The light came from the faith of the second man and last Adam, the Lord from heaven, 1 Corinthians 15:45-47.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuantumCreation

Quantum physics supports a creator God
Mar 6, 2016
Lynden WA
✟7,928.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Steven,

The applaud your love for God and belief that God created the universe. I would like to shed some light on the subject, and I hope I don't get too carried away for this subject is what my ministry is all about. I study quantum and string physics and within these advanced disciplines of physics, science gives overwhelming support for the existence of a personal, creator God.

First, it is important to understand that 1John 1:5 declares that "...God is light..." and in 325 the Nicene Creed declared that God is light. There are almost 100 passages that declare or describe God and Christ as light. Not that all of God is light, but an aspect of God... like my voice is an aspect of me but there is more to me than just my voice.

On the subject of Time Dilation, light can move at the speed of light, however, the Earth, since it is comprised of matter cannot travel the same speed as light/God. Not even a single atom can reach the speed of light because it would take an infinite amount of energy to for even 1 atom to get to that speed. I am in awe of light's ability to accomplish this feat because since God is light, and Einstein's Time Dilation principle, light has the ability to be the same yesterday, today and always. A photon (particle) of light at the beginning of the Big Bang 13.8 billion years has not aged 1 second since then and won't age 1 second in another 15 billion years. Because we are comprised of matter, people perceive time relative to light. Praise God.

Now on the subject of creation in 6 days, quantum physics says yes. If you research the phenomena of the Double-slit Experiment and the Delayed Choice Quantum Easer Effect quantum physics has proven that the physical world which we see and perceive within us can sit in a non-physical (non-local) existence for billions of years until it is transitioned or rendered (wave collapse to particles) to a physical existence. And get this... quantum physics has proven that LIGHT has the ability to transition the invisible to the visible. Everything we see around us has to be transitioned from an invisible wave state. Hebrews 11:3 is beautiful in this regard, "By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible."

According to science, light is the most important factor in the universe for you, me the Earth and everything in the universe to exist. And according to quantum physics, both the Big Bang 13.8 billion years ago AND the Genesis creation story of 6 literal days, can be true. There is a reason that God created light (known in physics as electromagnetism) on the first day, and it is different than the sun and stars on day fourth day. The energy force of light is not dependent upon the sun for its existence.

There is so much more to say about light. People know so very little about it.

You may be interested in my book, "A Quantum Case for God." It is available on Amazon and last time I looked it had a 5-star rating. Providing new information about how science supports the existence of God is my passion and I love educating both believers and non-believers in this regard. In my book, I expand on the subject of light, extra dimensions, as well as Time (includes Time Dilation), all for the glory of the Holy Trinity.

Blessings,
Dennis Z

Reactions: D2wing
Upvote 0