Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are coming up on Shimini Atzeret/Simchat Torah and as I awoken today my thoughts were on

In the beginning................

Also that the end is told from the beginning a thought occurred to me.

You need to put aside all you've been taught to comprehend this so be prepared

בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃

B'resheet bara Elohim, et hashamayim, et ha aretz

Beginning created Elohim, (and) heavens (and ) the earth

The heavens are mentioned first in this first opening sentence.

(something to think about, the very first verse in the word begins with Beit, not Alef, what was Alef? will we learn soon?)

Subsequently we read

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Here we see the Earth is first addressed or is it?

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide
the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the
firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven.
And the evening and the morning were the second day.

So in the beginning there were 'waters'

'ha shamayim' translated 'heavens' or 'sky' contains the word for 'water'

מַ֖יִם--water--mayim

Let's read verse 1 again

"Beginning created Elohim, (and) heavens (and ) the earth"

Now was this two separate things, or were they one in the beginning, echad?

If we consider this, that there was one 'mass' that was divided to make two 'areas', one called 'earth' and the other called 'heavens', a paradigm shift presents itself.

Last edited:

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You need to put aside all you've been taught to comprehend this so be prepared
True. As soon as I read this -
(This statement by itself;
necessary to know the truth, yes) UNlearn all that was learned growing up.

So few ever find out, or most when they are told reject it, so that all the world remains deceived. (even, yes, in churches)

(I didn't even read further in the post yet. Going back to do that now. SHALOM in Y'SHUA TRUTH! )

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Now was this two separate things, or were they one in the beginning, echad?

If we consider this that there was one 'mass' that was divided to make two 'areas', one called 'earth' and the other called 'heavens', a paradigm shift presents itself.
COOL !

How might the relatively recent announcement that
in all the "empty space" out there that was once thought void (nothing there)
they now believe by measurements (whatever they measure)
that
all that formerly thought 'empty space'
is
full of an unbelievable immeasurable universe FULL OF WATER !?
i.e. the empty space is not empty, but has humongous amounts of water vapor where they once thought it was void.
(sorry, no references)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I haven't heard that Jeff, but thanks for adding that, I'll have to look into it. I'm starting to be ready to be more Geocentric than ever before.

It would make more sense for those that believe the Bible for God to have put the one he created in his own image on the 'center stage' so to speak.

Then add onto that this,

Zechariah 14:8 And in that day living waters will flow out of Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and the other half toward the western sea; it will be in summer as well as in winter. 9 And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be one, and His name one.

and this:

Isaiah 65:16 "Because he who is blessed in the earth Will be blessed by the God of truth; And he who swears in the earth Will swear by the God of truth; Because the former troubles are forgotten, And because they are hidden from My sight! 17"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

2Peter 3:12 as you anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God, when the heavens will be dissolved by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with God’s promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. And without Yeshua being available as the word of God at creation, we would not even have the light. For "in Him was life, and life was the light of men". God created everything in this universe as a blessing for US, His people, and His first thoughts were of us.

By the way, without the firmament, we would have no where to stand apart from God, so we could not appreciate His blessings.

I love the Genesis Midrash.

Reactions: Lulav
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In the bang theory, the universe is expanding. Air bubbles are less dense so they would each move away from the center of mass, while water being heavier will move towards the center because of gravity.

Think about taking a bucket of water and swinging it over your head in a circular motion. The water remains in the bucket and is not flung out. The movement of the bucket will create a current of air movement away from the moving bucket you can feel.

So the idea that the universe is filled up of water.. will have to think about this some more. In the mean time.. how about this website... http://www.space.com/12400-universe-biggest-oldest-cloud-water.html

Upvote 0