Not open for further replies.

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 13:13 ...the destruction in view there is clearly the fall of Babylon 539 BC.
Isaiah 13:13 may effectively prophecy the fall of Babylon in 539 BC.

Which part of the prophecies is allegorical and symbolic and which part is not ...?

Here two others....
Hebrews 12:26
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Haggai 2:6-7
6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I want to know how a CME which is a 'cloud' of charged particles coming from the sun , will be able to cause the Great Worldwide earthquake of the 6th seal ?
I only know what the Prophets have told us. God will carry out His judgements as described.
I believe the hit by this multi billion ton mass will make the earth shake to its foundations and move it from it's place, on the Day of the Lord's fierce anger. Isaiah 13:13 As this strike will occur 24 hours after the initial direct hit of the EMP, it will only be a glancing blow, as the earth moves at 66,000 mph along its orbital track. This hit in the trailing edge will kick the earth and speed up our year to 360 days; making the time periods in Daniel and Revelation fit perfectly.
Is in it contradictory to say that we will be protected by citing Daniel 3:19-27 as a precedent but at the same time We ARE told to get into shelter, Isaiah 26:20-21 when God will pour his wrath upon the unbelievers?
Think that if you like. Do you take advantage of modern medicine? We are warned; to ignore the warnings and advice is foolishness.
And why the need to go into shelter for those on the other side of the Earth not directly hit by the CME ?
The earth rotates every 24 hours. Everywhere will be affected by the fiery CME strike. Isaiah 24:1-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Zephaniah 3:8
Isaiah 13:13 ...the destruction in view there is clearly the fall of Babylon 539 BC.
Preterist [staff edit]. Isaiah 13:1-13 talks about ALL the earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 13:13 may effectively prophecy the fall of Babylon in 539 BC.

Which part of the prophecies is allegorical and symbolic and which part is not ...?

Here two others....
Hebrews 12:26
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Haggai 2:6-7
6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 13:13 would have been "literal".

Hebrews 12:26. Verse 25 actually is the warning. The danger lies in refusing to hear the earning of God who speaks from heavens because if those at Mt. Sinai did not escape Gods wrath, MUCH MORE SHALL NOT WE ESCAPE.
One may escape God's warnings for a season, but eventually pay day comes some day.

Haggai says that God will again shake both the earth and heaven and that will probably be at Christ's Second Coming. IMO this will not be symbolic or allegorical but again LITERAL.

The shaking at Saini was literal and physical so there is no reason to think what is coming will be any different.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 13:13 would have been "literal".

Hebrews 12:26. Verse 25 actually is the warning. The danger lies in refusing to hear the earning of God who speaks from heavens because if those at Mt. Sinai did not escape Gods wrath, MUCH MORE SHALL NOT WE ESCAPE.
One may escape God's warnings for a season, but eventually pay day comes some day.
I agree .
Haggai says that God will again shake both the earth and heaven and that will probably be at Christ's Second Coming. IMO this will not be symbolic or allegorical but again LITERAL.

The shaking at Saini was literal and physical so there is no reason to think what is coming will be any different.
Yes, i agree with you
Haggai 2:6-7 refers to what will Happen Unto The Coming of Jesus.

But what makes you believe that Isaiah 13:13 was referring the fall of Babylon in 539 BC rather than something that will happen unto the Coming of Jesus ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think that if you like. Do you take advantage of modern medicine? We are warned; to ignore the warnings and advice is foolishness.
I am not ignoring the warnings ...if it have to happen it will happen... Call that fatalism .The worst thing who can happen is death [liberation]...but as believers we are promised eternal life in a new immortal body unto the Coming of Jesus .I don't know why people are so afraid with the fact that one day they will die...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I only know what the Prophets have told us. God will carry out His judgements as described.
I believe the hit by this multi billion ton mass will make the earth shake to its foundations and move it from it's place, on the Day of the Lord's fierce anger. Isaiah 13:13 As this strike will occur 24 hours after the initial direct hit of the EMP, it will only be a glancing blow, as the earth moves at 66,000 mph along its orbital track. This hit in the trailing edge will kick the earth and speed up our year to 360 days; making the time periods in Daniel and Revelation fit perfectly.

The earth rotates every 24 hours. Everywhere will be affected by the fiery CME strike. Isaiah 24:1-6, Habakkuk 3:12, Zephaniah 3:8

Preterist [staff edit]. Isaiah 13:1-13 talks about ALL the earth.

You think that I am a Preterist?????? ROFL!

[Staff edit]

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree .

Yes, i agree with you
Haggai 2:6-7 refers to what will Happen Unto The Coming of Jesus.

But what makes you believe that Isaiah 13:13 was referring the fall of Babylon in 539 BC rather than something that will happen unto the Coming of Jesus ?

REAL history my friend. Real, literal history.

Can something similar happen at the return of Christ. Of course it can. I would never place God in a box telling or thinking what I think He should do.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You think that I am a Preterist?????? ROFL!
You said that Isaiah 13:13 happened at the fall of Babylon. As there is no historical record of anything like that then, you are making a preterist assumption.

[Staff edit]

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I read this. It confirms what I already knew from reading Herodotus myself. Babylon was conquered by Cyrus by damning the Euphrates. So Isaiah 13:17-22 is literally fulfilled.
But Isaiah 13:2-13 plainly is not as it describes the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath....that will lay the earth waste...reduce the earth to desolation and destroy the wicked there...

Apologies Handmaid, but it is all to do with earth calamities.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read this. It confirms what I already knew from reading Herodotus myself. Babylon was conquered by Cyrus by damning the Euphrates. So Isaiah 13:17-22 is literally fulfilled.
But Isaiah 13:2-13 plainly is not as it describes the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath....that will lay the earth waste...reduce the earth to desolation and destroy the wicked there...

Apologies Handmaid, but it is all to do with earth calamities.

No sir. I can not agree. I wish I could, but history is history.

Other productions on this that will help you is.........
W.G. Lamberts, "The Babylonians and Chaldeans,"...POTT, pages 179-198.
A. Parrots, "Babylon and the Old Testament.
H,W. Saggs, "The Greatness That was Bablon".

You are welcome to reject all these works on historical events and stick with your personal opinions.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Worst rain 'in 30 years' heaps misery on flood-hit Thai south
by Staff Writers
Bangkok (AFP) Jan 9, 2017

At least 21 people have been killed and nearly one million people affected by the floods after days of unseasonably heavy rain across the country's southern neck.

Worst rain 'in 30 years' heaps misery on flood-hit Thai south

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
RUMORS OF WAR

I expect The Supreme Leader "Ali Khamenei", or the President of Iran will soon declare the "Iran Nuclear Deal" to have been "voided" by the Trump administration.. Question is how far are the Iranians prepared to go ? Will they kick all the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) monitors out of the country and resume an enrichment program ?

So far it appears Iran is satisfied with just challenging U.S. destroyers in the Persian Gulf.. but tomorrow is another day.

What about Netanyahu's threat to use the military option if the U.S. brokered "Iran Nuclear Deal" falls apart ? I bet Israel isn't just going to sit idly by while Iran stockpiles highly enriched uranium for use in nuclear weapons.

This situation definitely bears watching as 2017 unfolds !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Riberra, it is obvious that 2 Peter 3:10 is a repeat of 2 Peter 3:7, with more detail and it all relates to the Sixth Seal and Isaiah 34:4 plus over 100 prophesies about the Lord's terrible Day of wrath.
The NHNE of 2 Peter 3:13 and Rev 21 simply say the present earth has vanished, no fire mentioned.

This thread is good, for we can see the steady culmination of natural disasters and more importantly, the build up of tension in the Middle East. Soon the Lord will arise and do what He must do. Isaiah 33:10-12, Isaiah 28:21, Isaiah 59:20

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican