1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Earring holes way too big- what to do?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by New Creation, Jul 11, 2005.

1. New Creation

New Creation *Practise Promiscuous Charity*

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Catholic
    When I first got my ears pierced, I fiddled with the earrings so much that my holes got bigger and bigger. They are quite long now and one hole is almost to the end of my lobe. I would like to have something done about this- have any of you heard about plastic surgery or anything else for this? Much appreciate any help!

2. Oblivious

Oblivious Leadfooted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    How long ago did you have it done? If it wasn't that long ago, it will grow back together if you keep an earring out of it.

3. AveMaria

AveMaria Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen

Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I actually have heard about something like this. I saw a doctor on t.v. once, talking about a very similar scenario, and he said what they can do is a procedure where they nick the ear hole very lightly (or, if it's bad enough damage, they have to carefully cut out the scar tissue surrounding the ear hole) and put a stitch or two in and let it close up and heal.

4. kleptobismol

kleptobismol Contributor

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Baptist
    i know a lot of ppl who have this problem... my teacher had extremely long ears due to an incident as a child when another child took her hoop earrings and ripped them down. it didnt totally tear the ear, just stretched them.