DUGGERS and 3 questions

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“As victims we have to come out and speak. This is something we chose,” Derick Dillard’s wife says in the Kelly File interview. “Nobody asked us to do this. Jessa and I were talking and we’re like, ‘Oh my goodness! Most of the stuff out there is lies — it’s not truth.’ So for truth’s sake, we want to come out and set the record straight.”

Jessa also weighs in on Josh, formerly a lobbyist for the Family Research Council, being labeled a hypocrite. “It’s right to say, ‘Here’s what I believe, here’s my values,’ even if you’ve made stupid mistakes or failures,” Ben Seewald’s wife, 22, tells Kelly. “If you’ve had failures in your past it doesn’t mean you can’t be changed. I think that’s where, I think the real issue is people are making this sound like it happened yesterday.”

"They also talked about the journey from the pain to the forgiveness, and it was not without some bumps in the road,” Kelly recalled. “All of the children went through counseling, all of them, not just Josh, not just the victims, all of them went through licensed therapist counseling to try to get through what happened," she added. “They never chose to have this piece of their family story put out there, and I think they are struggling with what people are assuming about their family and about what happened to them."

http://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-n...osh-duggar-we-are-not-a-perfect-family-201556

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The LGBT continues to be non repentant and live in pride. Josh Duggar has asked for forgiveness and is not Continuing to walk in the path of shame. Big difference.
They even put "Pride" is their titles , Gay Pride Watch, LGBT Pride, etc.
James 4:6 "God resisteth the proud but giveth grace unto the humble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sarah Palin: “Lena Dunham’s sexual assault on her sibling is cute, and she’s rewarded for it with fame and fortune. Meanwhile, they crucify another, along with an entire family.”

“The media’s hell-bent mission to go after the entire Duggar family for one member’s wrongdoing, while giving a total pass to perverted actions of someone like Lena Dunham – or any other leftwinger celeb caught doing awful things,” the former Alaska governor wrote.

https://m.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10153385009473588

I went through Wasilla, Alaska recently. I could not see Russia from there. Sadly.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two of Josh Duggar's sex-abuse victims — sisters Jill Dillard, 24, and Jessa Seewald, 22 — told their story tonight, here is some of what they said:

Seewald said she was 9 or 10 years old during the situation. "In Josh's case, he was a young boy in puberty and a little too curious about girls. And that got him into some trouble," she said.

The women said that their parents put up safeguards in the home, including not allowing the boys to babysit, locking doors at night, not playing hide-and-seek or being alone with each other.

Seewald got teary-eyed when she spoke about the InTouch article that came out last month. "I was in tears. I couldn't believe what was going on." She said she called her husband. "How do they have a right to do this? We're victims, they can't do this to us." They both told Kelly that they felt victimized again by having the story appear in a tabloid years after it had happened.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...x-scandal-fox-news-second-interview/28529587/

Jill said that she and Jessa chose to come forward with their story because of the headlines they’ve been seeing about their family, insisting that “most of the stuff out there is lies.”

“For truth’s sake, we want to come out and set the record straight,” she said.

Megyn asked the two women if they feel like victims of molestation.

While Jessa said that Josh’s actions were very wrong and “not permissible,” she said that some of the things people have said about him are “so overboard.”

Jill called the tabloid stories “a re-victimization that’s even a thousand times worse."

“This was something that was already dealt with. We’ve already forgiven Josh. We’ve already moved on,” she said.

Jessa said that people who don’t like her family are likely the ones who are maliciously spreading this story around. She said that if people actually felt for the victims, they would have respected their wishes for the ordeal to remain private.

“Would you ever have supported a prosecution against Josh?” Megyn asked.

Jessa said that Josh became a completely changed person after the molestation and investigation.

“He had not gone down that path for years, he was humble before God, before us, before the officials that were involved,” she said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/...l-dillard-and-jessa-seewald-defend-josh-after

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
The LGBT continues to be non repentant and live in pride. Josh Duggar has asked for forgiveness and is not Continuing to walk in the path of shame. Big difference.

Of course we have no proof of this other than what the family claims to preserve their image and wealth.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course we have no proof of this other than what the family claims to preserve their image and wealth.

Well besides it's been over a decade and nothing since he was a child...

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They put their entire family on TV a year after these incidents ended, became reality TV stars, they are very active politically and say negative public things about groups they don't personally know, and now they're sincerely surprised this is coming back to haunt them? It's not like this is the first time. The Oprah Winfrey show contacted CPS after they were clued in years ago. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar had poor judgment all around. A family that wants to heal and move on would not even entertain subjecting themselves to an interview anyway (much less want to be a made for TV family). They would release a statement and then let their show end. They obviously didn't think long and hard before putting themselves on TLC in the first place. They may think of their TV show as a ministry, but I certainly don't view it that way. There is nothing remotely normal about their life and how they handle it. I don't get these folks.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sarah Palin: “Lena Dunham’s sexual assault on her sibling is cute, and she’s rewarded for it with fame and fortune. Meanwhile, they crucify another, along with an entire family.”

“The media’s hell-bent mission to go after the entire Duggar family for one member’s wrongdoing, while giving a total pass to perverted actions of someone like Lena Dunham – or any other leftwinger celeb caught doing awful things,” the former Alaska governor wrote.
Most people I know didn't even know who she is. Maybe that's the reason the media didn't make a huge deal. Or maybe she didn't do a show about being a overly conservative. Or maybe the media's in denial about her sexually assaulting her sister. Or maybe they are confuse since she wrote a book about it. Or maybe the Josh thing brings more ratings, since he's more religious and popular. Personally, I think what she did was horrible and she didn't stop until 17. And her bragging about it makes it worse. I would leave neither alone with kids. To much of a temptation.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Incarceration would be quite merciful. Where is this forgiveness toward LGBT people or Muslims or President Obama?
I don't believe its up to me to forgive Josh, Lena Dunham’s LGBT people or Muslims. Also I don't really criticize the LGBT people or Muslims. I see no reason to dislike Obama at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The LGBT continues to be non repentant and live in pride.
And what, would this have to do with you not forgiving them. They've done nothing wrong to you. That would be between them and God , and nobody else.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Never heard of this Lena Dunham until now. Looked her up.

Didn't know little girls did things like that. With pebbles. Makes me wonder now when around grown women and my pocket change comes up missing. Quarters and things. Especially if it's $20 in coins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And what, would this have to do with you not forgiving them. They've done nothing wrong to you. That would be between them and God , and nobody else.
He was answering this post so don't take it personal:

Incarceration would be quite merciful. Where is this forgiveness toward LGBT people or Muslims or President Obama?
I doubt the Duggars have wrong anyone here personally.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He was answering this post so don't take it personal:
There's nothing to take personal. But I don't see how any Christian can not forgive LGBT, when it doesn't applies to them. It's not up to them.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing to take personal. But I don't see how any Christian can not forgive LGBT, when it doesn't applies to them. It's not up to them.
Christians standing against adultery, LGBT, etc is not attack on anyone personally. I am against Obama on most of the issues but I don't have anything against him on a personal level.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The thing is the whole thing with the Duggars sounds like forced forgiveness and covering up rather than address the issue. The thing is that people want genuine accountability instead of brushing it under the rug.
They put locks on the girls door, then made him go to get help, They turned it into the police. That's way more than most people would have done. Most people wouldn't take their kids to the police stations and turn it in, if it was their kid. The only reason this is being talked about is because they did something about it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians standing against adultery, LGBT, etc is not attack on anyone personally. I am against Obama on most of the issues but I don't have anything against him on a personal level.
I'm saying you have no right to seek forgiveness on them, when they do noting to you. As for sins, Christians are the ones that seem to get caught doing them.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm saying you have no right to seek forgiveness on them, when they do noting to you. As for sins, Christians are the ones that seem to get caught doing them.
No one lives and dies to themselves , we impact others by the way we live.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one lives and dies to themselves , we impact others by the way we live.
Still Christians don't have to power to not forgive people, that haven't done anything to you. There sins aren't for you to forgive.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Still Christians don't have to power to not forgive people, that haven't done anything to you. There sins aren't for you to forgive.
What are you referring to since you seem to be on a different page? It was katautumn who bought up forgiving LGBT and Obama.

Upvote 0