Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I feel that certain media are trying to destroy them because they represent what is wholesome as godly, family following Jesus Christ. That they'd break the law to disclose what happened to scorn a family for something one family member of 21 total members did over a decade ago in his youth shows that they are reaching and doing so to slander the family. The family didn't break any laws, as parents are not required to report such acts within their own children. The media is evil, by and large, and are run by atheist, agnostic, god-haters, many of them willful homosexuals, so you can see that they had it out for them. This does not mean that the acts were right, or that they are acceptable, but they are forgivable.

He molested several of his sisters and other girls. It doesn't matter if it was a decade ago. Remember God is in control, and He allowed this secret to come out. He continued to do this even after his parents knew what was going on. They failed to protect their daughters from him. A 14 year old is not a little child that doesn't know better. Maybe God allowed this to come out in the open so that the family can face the truth. They are in total denial. If someone else had done what Josh did, he would be called a child molester. He was touching these girls inappropriately without their consent. That is sexual assault and molestation. He snuck into their room and touched them while they were sleeping, and he touched one of his sisters several times while she was asleep on the couch. He molested another sister while she was sitting on his lap for a story (so she had to have been quite young. Josh and the parents are being forced to face the consequences. That entire family needs to look at the truth and call the actions what they truly were. You do not have to have sex in order for it to be molestation or sexual assault.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It isn't slander if it is true. It is humiliating, but not slanderous.
It is mandatory to report child abuse and parents are not exempt.
Forgivable, but not forgettable. The Duggars (parents) waited until Josh came to them THREE times before they acted. The parents failed to protect their daughters (and the other girl) and they delayed getting help for a clearly troubled Josh. The parents are culpable.

You can't forget something like that, even if you forgive the person. Their action(s) have changed your entire life. This kind of behavior causes a lot of damage--you have had so much taken away from you. I say this from my own experience. Forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting, because in this case it isn't possible to forget.

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Michelle Duggar said her daughters "have been victimized more by what has happened in the last couple of weeks than they were 12 years ago because, honestly, they didn't even understand and know that anything had happened until after the fact when they were told about it."

Wow... So, IOW, it was better that they NOT know that what they had experienced was molestation. Takes the cake for keeping children ignorant as far as "good touch, bad touch," etc. If these girls ever have kids they won't even know how to recognize molestation if it ever did happen to any of their kids.

I don't like what this sounds like.

Jessa Duggar (one of the victims), featured like her brother in the family's TLC series, "19 Kids and Counting," told Fox in an interview conducted in Arkansas on Wednesday that she wanted to defend him. She said allegations he's a child molester or pedophile are "so overboard and a lie," Fox reported.

I restored my relationship with my brother after he molested me when we were both minors. Doesn't mean I condone it, or defend his actions as a minor or as an adult.

I wonder if Jessa would be so forgiving if Josh were to molest another child. I've made it clear that if my brother does anything like that again, he won't have a sister anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow... So, IOW, it was better that they NOT know that what they had experienced was molestation. Takes the cake for keeping children ignorant as far as "good touch, bad touch," etc. If these girls ever have kids they won't even know how to recognize molestation if it ever did happen to any of their kids.

I don't like what this sounds like.

I restored my relationship with my brother after he molested me when we were both minors. Doesn't mean I condone it, or defend his actions as a minor or as an adult.

I wonder if Jessa would be so forgiving if Josh were to molest another child. I've made it clear that if my brother does anything like that again, he won't have a sister anymore.
Similar thought. How would she feel if had been someone outside the clan?

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Further showing why I have a problem with this family (really, just the parents and Josh), but anyway:

This link has continuing to link child molesters and transgender people, as if it were "common sense" that we are a danger. Doubling down on ignorance is still just ignorance.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Further showing why I have a problem with this family (really, just the parents and Josh), but anyway:

This link has continuing to link child molesters and transgender people, as if it were "common sense" that we are a danger. Doubling down on ignorance is still just ignorance.

I never heard of the Duggers until this thread.

I think your typical heterosexual man is more a threat to women and children than transgender people are.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I never heard of the Duggers until this thread.

I couldn't avoid them with a spouse who liked "reality" TV.

I think your typical heterosexual man is more a threat to women and children than transgender people are.

I don't know that I would go that far, but I have yet to see any evidence that trans individuals or as a group pose this threat she keeps speaking of. Spreading false/unfounded accusations and fear mongering are not positive traits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't avoid them with a spouse who liked "reality" TV.

Hey, I like reality TV too. :D

I've gotten hooked the home remolding shows too. Like Property Brothers and Rehab Addict. I dig some of those Flipping Vegas shows too.

When I was still in my late 20s and early 30s I loved me some Real World MTV too. And then the Mob Wives? Man... that little Dreda had me hooked. All those New York girls though.

I don't know that I would go that far, but I have yet to see any evidence that trans individuals or as a group pose this threat she keeps speaking of. Spreading false/unfounded accusations and fear mongering are not positive traits.

Yeah, most men aren't going to harm children and women, but I think just about all heterosexual males are potential rapists. That's my view anyways. Social conditioning and fear of reprisals keep men from raping. If 300 men and 1 girl aged 13 were on a island, trapped there they knew for life, that 13 year-old girl would get raped. And if not because some men protected her, she would eventually in her 20s. Gang raped.

An effeminate gay man is unlikely to rape a woman or a young girl even if trapped on an island for life.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey, I like reality TV too. :D

I'm sorry. :p

I watched several when I was younger. I got sick of them.

Yeah, most men aren't going to harm children and women, but I think just about all heterosexual males are potential rapists. That's my view anyways. Social conditioning and fear of reprisals keep men from raping. If 300 men and 1 girl aged 13 were on a island, trapped there they knew for life, that 13 year-old girl would get raped. And if not because some men protected her, she would eventually in her 20s. Gang raped.

An effeminate gay man is unlikely to rape a woman or a young girl even if trapped on an island for life.

I'd rather not think about such scenarios.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Josh is not a child molester since he was also a child at the time. As we all know being a child means you don't always make mature choices.

So by that token a minor cannot be a rapist? A thief? A murderer? I seem to recall several conservatives shrieking about how Trayvon Martin wasn't a child, despite being seventeen. At fourteen and fifteen you're old enough to know touching your sisters' genitals in their sleep is wrong and morally reprehensible. The fact that he waited to victimize them while they were sacked out asleep proves he knew what he was doing was wrong.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Similar thought. How would she feel if had been someone outside the clan?

I know someone who was molested by a family member (I don't believe it was a father or a brother but was a family member) and she was basically pressured into "forgiving" the person. That is not true "forgiveness" and a person should never be pressured into doing that. It just allows the denial to go on. I still would like to know who did the counseling of the girls. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Duggars wouldn't have wanted them going to real counselors trained specifically in that area (or Josh either for that matter). After all, the counselors would be looking at the entire family and the family dynamics. I have a feeling that they would discover some real family dysfunction and that could not be allowed to happen.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
However, Jesus commands us to forgive and repent. He has repented and the family has forgiven him. This was also done over a decade ago, and it doesn't appear that making this public helped the victims.

They're not perfect, but I do believe that they are the real deal of a family of Godly people doing their best to follow Christ. To me, it's obvious that they walk the walk with their talk.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's okay because 'oh their Christians!!' or some such drivel. If religion was not an object you'd all be calling for incarceration.

Reactions: katautumn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's okay because 'oh their Christians!!' or some such drivel. If religion was not an object you'd all be calling for incarceration.

Incarceration would be quite merciful. Where is this forgiveness toward LGBT people or Muslims or President Obama?

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Incarceration would be quite merciful. Where is this forgiveness toward LGBT people or Muslims or President Obama?

The LGBT continues to be non repentant and live in pride. Josh Duggar has asked for forgiveness and is not Continuing to walk in the path of shame. Big difference.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You obviously don't know the whole story from your comment. We are not dismissing what Josh did because "oh their Christians" or we approve what he did. But because this happened 12 years ago (over a decade ago) when he was a child and he got the outside help he needed. Josh, the victims and the whole family went through counseling. Josh, his victims and those who were affected got help and are trying to move on with their lives.

Upvote 0