United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lightwait said:
When the heavens and the earth were created, do you think they were created "within" God and Christ?

Created "inside" in spatial terms.

Or, do you think there was and or is a duality?—God spatially separated from that which He created.

Thanks for responding...

I think any person, God or man, first 'creates' within themselves before they bring it into being materially. That is why creations of any kind are a most accurate reflection of the mind of the creator. Regards spatially, I suppose that the creator sees them mentally as reality from the time of conception (within).

Upvote 0

lightwait

Aug 7, 2004
✟7,711.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ebia said:
Space is part of creation. To ask if creation is spacially inside God makes no sense.
Why not? Jesus ascended above the heavens.

Does the following suggest "spacially inside"?

“(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)” Ephesians 4:9, 10, KJV.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

So do you think God and the creation are side by side? Maybe?

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
How does one define the spatiality of God? I think such a concept is nonsense with one proviso: the spatiality of Jesus in His incarnated form, and I think everybody will agree that Jesus was incarnated spatially inside His creation.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
lightwait said:
Because space and time are aspects of the universe, ie part of creation. The only way they can apply to God is if God is entirely "inside" creation. To say something is above the universe makes no sense.

Jesus ascended above the heavens.[/quote]
Perhaps Jesus actually went upwards initially, but the ascension is theological not spacially. St Luke is attempting to describe the indescribable.

Does the following suggest "spacially inside"?

“(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)” Ephesians 4:9, 10, KJV.
No, it suggests theological relationship described in metaphorical language. If one forced the point by taking things excessively literally, spacially it describes Christ as limited to inside (and filling) creation.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
So which way is up, because my "up" is in almost the exactly opposite direction to your "up". And in 12 hours time both our "ups" will be in very different directions to what they are now.

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Theological statement, not a spacial one.

So do you think God and the creation are side by side? Maybe?
Are you taking the ..... ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.