Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Currently I'm on a prescription that is just making me feel wierd, wierd dreams and even the words that come out of my mouth when speaking to others at church today just did not make me feel normal and the responses made me wonder if I said something wrong.

Have you ever had this experience?

btw: prednesone (steroid) is what I'm on - day # 17 of 30.

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Call your doctor! If you're not feeling yourself, you may not have an allergy to the med but could have a sensitivity to it. I once took a med that tripped me out, so that was a one time only deal.

^^This

Don't take any risks with this or any other medications.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Currently I'm on a prescription that is just making me feel wierd, wierd dreams and even the words that come out of my mouth when speaking to others at church today just did not make me feel normal and the responses made me wonder if I said something wrong.

I wouldn't expect too much feedback in this thread, sampa. Being honest about what one thinks about this kind of stuff can earn posters a warning,infraction or ban.

I do hope you have researched the drug you are taking.

Personally - no, I have not.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Call your doctor! If you're not feeling yourself, you may not have an allergy to the med but could have a sensitivity to it. I once took a med that tripped me out, so that was a one time only deal.
Thanks Hazel, I think I will. I have a vacation day tommorow and will call.

^^This

Don't take any risks with this or any other medications.
and thanks also.

I wouldn't expect too much feedback in this thread, sampa. Being honest about what one thinks about this kind of stuff can earn posters a warning,infraction or ban.

I do hope you have researched the drug you are taking.

Personally - no, I have not.
Stravinsk, yes, never thought about it. Myself not having taken anything since May 2009 and quite against it, I feel as if I'm eating my words and quite helpless. :hug:

and let this thread die if to all the other readers. Its not worth posting now that I think of it.

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am on dianette. I hate being on a drug but I initially when on it to sort out my skin. I wish I hadn't now because my skin wasn't even bad and gets worse than it was pre-med when I try to get off it. It has made me more emotionally unstable, impulsive, and has given me bad headaches. I am sure it is affecting my cognitive functioning because pre-Dianette spelling was my strong point but now I find myself struggling with words that I had no problem with before.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I think it's pretty normal with steroids. I hope you feel better soon.

I've had lots of problems with this as I'm very medication sensitive. If you don't start getting over it and/or can't deal with it then I'd call your pharmacist and/or doctor.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I would talk to your doctor. Drugs will have side effects, and they will effect different people in different ways. So just let your doctor know what the drug is doing and he/she can tell you if that's ok or if its not, and maybe even give you some alternative drugs if you're really not ok with what its doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of prednisone's known side effects is weird thoughts/dreams, or just a general very "weird" feeling. The last time I took it (I had taken it many times before, for my asthma) I felt foggy and sort of like I couldn't be fully awake. Was a horrible feeling, so I stopped taking it (I did tell my doctor). I hope I never have to take it ever again.

I also have extreme sensitivity to anti-depressants, they make me feel almost comatose, paralyzed, and just very WEIRD. So I don't take them, either.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just uber-sensitive to drugs in general. I have to be careful with other meds, like my inhaler, antihimstamines, and antibiotics. I usually do half-doses if I can.

Upvote 0