• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Drawing Images From My Dreams

Jan 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My dreams are filled with unresolved hurt an anger. Before I went to therapy, I would have reoccurring dreams of cannibalism, gory dismemberment, and nightmares in which I was always in dark room at night with all these disembodied angry voices screaming, yelling, and threatening me. I started to get some the repressed anger and grief and I no longer have the angry voices in my dreams but therapy can only do so much. I felt I was making no more progress after a year. Since I have an art background and I've been using my dreams as therapy for many years, I am now starting to draw the images from my dreams. My dreams have changed so that I have a black floating shadow figure missing an arm and has only partial legs following me and screaming. Last night I dreamed that I was forced to live in a hut I was born with that suffered from a lot of violent abuse and severe neglect. I don't think I have to interpret what that means but the image that stood out to me in the dream was when I stepped on the front porch and the step collapsed beneath me. I drew this and I plan to draw more images from my dreams, like the Shadow Screamer. I hope drawing my dreams will help me understand and help me heal. I'll post them here and I hope others will also draw from their dreams or post images that appear frequently in their dreams so we can maybe help one another out.

foot%2Bbreaking%2Bstep%2Bin%2Bdream.jpg

Jan 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the video! I am sorry it has been a while but when I am working I can't be online chatting. I think the drawing I am going to do for you is meant to be because recently I have had a desire to draw horses so I've been learning how to draw them. Thank you for the wonderful video. I will start working on the drawing from your dream tomorrow.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to draw horses to.... :) sometimes I can't quite get the legs right so flowers and grass cover their legs...I know the gypsy horse has a more of a pronounce curve to the face at times....I really do like what you have done :)...the thing about a gypsy also is that their mane goes to both sides and they have beards :) You really did good though....I like the colors you picked also...At this point I think I know which horse was your favorite from the video.:) The gypsy does have thicker legs...thicker bones and you captured that. I LIKE your drawing! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟7,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been drawing portraits of people's pets so I've not had the time to draw from dreams recently, except for this one, and in the dream a woman was making art masks that you hang on the wall, and each one was getting better and better but she left details of the eyes and other features. I believe the dream was saying that my real self is emerging a little at a time. For some reason, when I drew it, I included cracks in it, as if the persona is still damaged from the past....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The link worked just fine. They are really good drawings! When you draw them, does it help to look back at them and process them? It's a good idea to draw them, I hope you find healing in them!

Great job! :thumbsup:

If you wanted to share, what does the Lynx and the mask signify? You don't have to share if you don't want to.

LovedSparrow

Upvote 0