Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drawing Images From My Dreams

Discussion in 'Trauma, PTSD & Dissociation' started by asupersquirrel, Feb 12, 2012.

1. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    My dreams are filled with unresolved hurt an anger. Before I went to therapy, I would have reoccurring dreams of cannibalism, gory dismemberment, and nightmares in which I was always in dark room at night with all these disembodied angry voices screaming, yelling, and threatening me. I started to get some the repressed anger and grief and I no longer have the angry voices in my dreams but therapy can only do so much. I felt I was making no more progress after a year. Since I have an art background and I've been using my dreams as therapy for many years, I am now starting to draw the images from my dreams. My dreams have changed so that I have a black floating shadow figure missing an arm and has only partial legs following me and screaming. Last night I dreamed that I was forced to live in a hut I was born with that suffered from a lot of violent abuse and severe neglect. I don't think I have to interpret what that means but the image that stood out to me in the dream was when I stepped on the front porch and the step collapsed beneath me. I drew this and I plan to draw more images from my dreams, like the Shadow Screamer. I hope drawing my dreams will help me understand and help me heal. I'll post them here and I hope others will also draw from their dreams or post images that appear frequently in their dreams so we can maybe help one another out.

[​IMG]

2. TamaraLynne

TamaraLynne Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    wow! you are a very good artist! :)
    I know this might sound silly....but if I gave you something about me...a vision of sorts...do you think you could draw it? It is kinda a healing vision..

3. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yes, I'll be glad to draw it for you.

4. TamaraLynne

TamaraLynne Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    :) I will send a few things to your messages...photos..

I'm excited :)

5. TamaraLynne

TamaraLynne Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Did you get the video? If the vision is to hard to draw...thats okay.

6. TamaraLynne

TamaraLynne Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Maybe even a child on the horses back..

7. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Thank you for the video! I am sorry it has been a while but when I am working I can't be online chatting. I think the drawing I am going to do for you is meant to be because recently I have had a desire to draw horses so I've been learning how to draw them. Thank you for the wonderful video. I will start working on the drawing from your dream tomorrow.

8. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Here is another image from one of my dreams, I am still working on the drawing for TamraLynn:
    [​IMG]

9. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Here a drawing of the horse....let me know what you think because I have very little experience with horses. I can do more for you but I'll need a lot of time for that.
    [​IMG]

10. TamaraLynne

TamaraLynne Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    I try to draw horses to.... :) sometimes I can't quite get the legs right so flowers and grass cover their legs...I know the gypsy horse has a more of a pronounce curve to the face at times....I really do like what you have done :)...the thing about a gypsy also is that their mane goes to both sides and they have beards :) You really did good though....I like the colors you picked also...At this point I think I know which horse was your favorite from the video.:) The gypsy does have thicker legs...thicker bones and you captured that. I LIKE your drawing! :)

11. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I believe I want to take the time and draw another drawing of the horse because it was a challenge to draw.

12. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Here is one of the images from my nightmares. This is what I called the Shadow Screamer. It is a shadowy ghostly figures that follows me and is always screaming. It is missing an arm and a leg.
    [​IMG]

13. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    A collie told me everything was going to be all right and others are working to herd everything together and put it under control...
    [​IMG]

14. LovedSparrow

LovedSparrow One Day at a Time

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Amazing pictures!! Great job! Yes, horses are a challenge to draw, but it is so rewarding when you finish one!

:thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

15. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I've been drawing portraits of people's pets so I've not had the time to draw from dreams recently, except for this one, and in the dream a woman was making art masks that you hang on the wall, and each one was getting better and better but she left details of the eyes and other features. I believe the dream was saying that my real self is emerging a little at a time. For some reason, when I drew it, I included cracks in it, as if the persona is still damaged from the past....

16. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Unfortunately this will not let me post the image of the drawing I did...but put https:// in front of this link
    plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102395786534298917746/albums/5708303186302614049/5726580839258297938
    and you might be able to see it.

17. LovedSparrow

LovedSparrow One Day at a Time

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    The link worked just fine. They are really good drawings! When you draw them, does it help to look back at them and process them? It's a good idea to draw them, I hope you find healing in them!

Great job! :thumbsup:

If you wanted to share, what does the Lynx and the mask signify? You don't have to share if you don't want to.

LovedSparrow

18. asupersquirrel

asupersquirrel Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    The Lynx represents discernment and courage. The mask represents the image of myself I present to others.