David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings,

while reading the 1611 K.J.V., I found proof that dragons, aka dinosaurs, existed. I knew that dragons & dinos were one in the same but I never believed the part about them breathing fire until I read the verses below.

1. Why was the "Wisdom of Solomon" removed from the 1885 K.J.V., especially since it confirms that existence of dinos?

2. Does this not confirm why the Lord God sent the Flood; to eliminate those abominations & not just for the standard sins such as murder & fornication?

3. If this book is a fake, why would the church not explain that in the table of contents in the 1885 version?

4. Does this not bring confusion? No way "the Wisdom of Solomon" was written by an antichrist. It's too divinely inspired & fits like a glove to the Old & New Testaments.

King James Version Bible 1611

Wisdom of Solomon Chapter 11

15. But for the foolish devices of their wickedness, wherewith being deceived they worshipped serpents void of reason, and vile beasts, thou didst send a multitude of unreasonable beasts upon them for vengeance;

16. That they might know, that wherewithal a man sinneth, by the same also shall he be punished.

17. For thy Almighty hand, that made the world of matter without form, wanted not means to send among them a multitude of bears or fierce lions,

18. Or unknown wild beasts, full of rage, newly created, breathing out either a fiery vapour, or filthy scents of scattered smoke, or shooting horrible sparkles out of their eyes:

19. Whereof not only the harm might dispatch them at once, but also the terrible sight utterly destroy them.

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
What I think when people were saying about dragons that breathed fire, is that they were talking about the chemicals they spit out that would cause a burn, so the use of fire was to describe the burning sensation you'd get from them. This is consistent with the Komodo Dragon of Indonesia, which spits out a chemical that will give you a burning sensation rather than spit out fire.

Also the word "Dinosaur" was invented in the 1800's and thus it is impossible for the ancients to ever call them by that name. But one thing is interesting is that dragons are common in every culture around the world, which is surprising for a mythological creature since they generally only go around in cultures that share with each other. This is why Greek and Roman gods are very similar but are dissimilar to the Nordic gods, because the culture wasn't shared.

Upvote 0

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Intriguing scientific viewpoint about the breath which I could see that happening but what about "...the shooting of horrible sparkles out of their eyes."?

Wisdom of Solomon Chapter 11

18. Or unknown wild beasts, full of rage, newly created, breathing out either a fiery vapour, or filthy scents of scattered smoke, or shooting horrible sparkles out of their eyes:

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
classicalhero said:
... dragons that breathed fire...
Could this reference help you at all?

Job 41
1 ¶ Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
--- &c.---
18 By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
So much goes ignored in the scriptures. Read more of that chapter to get the whole description.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excellent point. I originally assumed that the leviathan was some type of whale or giant squid... but these one of these below confirm that one or all might is a reptile.

Isaiah Chapter 27

1. In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Psalms Chapter 104

25. So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

26. There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.

27. These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

Psalms Chapter 74

12. For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

13. Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

14. Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

So the question is, were they natural mammals/beasts we known or died out due to hunters or a resurgence of the abominations of the dragons God destroyed during the Flood?

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... were they natural mammals/beasts we known or died out due to hunters...
There are two dinosaurs described in the book of Job, and at least one of them is mentioned elsewhere. It may be difficult to say they are "natural" as in the way that God created them. There is at least symbolism to suggest leviathan is a type of devil if not more than that.
... or a resurgence of the abominations of the dragons God destroyed during the Flood?
This is partly possible, and it may be probable considering research others have done on the subject. If these are things that were generated by devilish influence, or other such interference with the natural order of things, it may explain certain aspects.

There are people whose info has uncovered, or at least conjectured, things of this sort having been done. I do not know enough about them to know to what level these and certain "mythical" creatures were actual beasts.

Job was the oldest book of the Bible, and was written some time after the flood. One land beast (with a tail like a cedar tree) and one sea beast that was seemingly invincible, were described as being around after the flood.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Job was the oldest book of the Bible, and was written some time after the flood. One land beast (with a tail like a cedar tree) and one sea beast that was seemingly invincible, were described as being around after the flood.

One bible commentary says the behemoth is a hippo, however the hippo does not have a tail like a cedar tree!

:)

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Job: 41. 15. His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. 18. By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. 19. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. 20. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. 21. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth. 34. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride. -

Verse 34 shows God is using a metaphor,in rebuking Job.
For God to apply this example,Job must have known what this beast was.

Satan is referred to as a Dragon in other Bible verses,and his sin was Pride toward God and He fell as lightning from Heaven.
Pride goeth before a fall.

Personally I think Dragons existed at one time,they are mentioned in many different cultures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes there were dragons and dinosaurs called mammoth. That does not concerns me what does, and why no one has said anything is why you are quoting occult books?

You going to start talking about the keys of solomon next and the 6 7 8 9th books of Moses. Those books which contain the seals of Heaven supposedly?

So why do you quote these books and not the Bible?

Upvote 0