Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Heedless programmed response is no response at all. You might as well be standing on the third-grade playground chanting "I know you are but what am I?"
I'm sorry, did I break some forum rule by trying to wade through your attack on Clinton to get to the part that's relevant to this thread? Was there something you didn't get to say in one of the 200 other "Hillurry iz de wurst human evar!!" threads?

You explain to all of us the psychology evident in telling such obvious and easily refutable lies as:

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

"She'd gone, what she thought would be just a great jog. She was going to go down to Battery Park, she was going to go around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and -- and that's when the plane hit."

"So when I was born, she called me Hillary, and she always told me it’s because of Sir Edmund Hillary.”
Why would I explain that? I'm not a psychologist and I don't pretend to be one either. That's what you're here for, Dr. Sistrin.

Such lies are pathological, as anyone with half a brain and backbone to use it can easily ascertain. The list of Hillary Clinton lies is legendary, and are typically based on reasoning no more sound than because she once used a bar of "Irish Spring" she had a direct hand in bringing peace to Northern Ireland.
That's nice. What does any of that have to do with celebrity doctors evaluating the candidates without actually evaluating them? That's the topic of discussion in this thread. Not Hillary's legendary lies.

I am sure you will soon be told what you are to think about it.
Because telling someone they don't have half a brain and much less a spine for not agreeing with you is like... totes different man!

Reactions: BlueBrown
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leaving out the partisan nonsense in this post (pro tip: Clinton is not the most prolific or unrepentant liar in the race; that would be her opponent...

You read that on Snopes, or heard it on MSNBC, therefore it must be true.

WND is a crap source and this is ridiculous.

This is such an intellectually bankrupt response, and only proves you don't actually bother to read the material contained in the linked articles. Which also accounts for:

She slipped and fell. It happens sometimes. It's not like she constantly requires assistance going up and down the stairs. That would be a lie. Fed to you without remorse by the right-wing hucksters at Breitbart and WND.

Except the claim she requires constant assistance going up and down the stairs was not made by either Brietbart or WND.

Stop getting your information from conspiracy websites and right-wing tabloids. They are lying to you.

Hillary testified to the existence of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, therefore it must be true. However to find information concerning certain topics one has no choice but to search the alternative media sites, because the actual liars have control of CNN, NBC, ABC, the New York Times, etc. etc. How much coverage the the major media dedicate to the fact Trump went to Louisiana bearing relief for the victims of the flooding? All while Obama continued to golf while on vacation.

While you are all upset over images:

file.php

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I don't think you know what that means or how to determine it to begin with. But if you want to play this game, here are a few similar lies which might qualify as "pathological":

• Barack Obama founded ISIS (literally)
  • Hillary Clinton is the co-founder of ISIS (literally)
  • Hillary Clinton wants to raise taxes on the middle class
  • Fire Marshall was not following the law when he didn't let more people into the rally
  • Democrats "rigged" debates up against NFL games
  • NFL sent me a letter telling me how unfortunate it was that the debates were the same day as NFL games
  • Hillary Clinton wants to release all violent criminals
  • USA has never had negative GDP growth
  • Unemployment is up to 42%
  • Obama wants to bring in 250,000 Syrian refugees
Shall I continue? :| I could keep going literally all day. All of these lies are trivially fact-checked and shown to be completely nonsensical. Should we consider them pathological? Is Trump also a pathological liar?

Maybe. But we cannot possibly justify the claim that he is based on nothing but this evidence.

Diagnosing pathological dishonesty is really hard, and distinguishing it from standard dishonesty without any deeper look into the person's life beyond their public face is both outright impossible and (at least in the case of professional psychiatrists) unethical. I don't know why Clinton lied about being under sniper fire in Bosnia, just like I don't know why Trump lied about getting a letter from the NFL about the debates. But to claim that either is a pathological liar based on tiny snippets of their personal lives and the lies they have told is stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Try "The Guardian", "Politico", and "Politifact" - non-partisan, well-respected news organizations.

Hey, you want to go lie for lie with me? You find one Clinton lie, I find one Trump lie, and whoever runs out first loses? You want to try to find any Clinton speech with the same whopper density as Trump's stump speeches - one significant whopper every five minutes? Oh, by the way, that figure comes from Politico, a center-right news site. By any metric, Trump is the more prolific and unapologetic liar, constantly repeating long-debunked crap in his speeches. Trump's RNC pitch was based largely on a completely imaginary America, torn apart by a rising crime wave (which doesn't exist) that Obama brought on by undermining law enforcement (he didn't) and releasing illegal immigrants (he also didn't). (Source - but then again, I suppose PBS doesn't quite have the journalistic integrity and background of, say, the website that claimed Obama's wedding ring had hidden Arabic symbols on it that proved he was a Muslim.)

C'mon, you want to claim that your candidate is more honest? Put your money where your mouth is. Provide some metric by which we can test this claim, then let's get to it! Because when I look to the various fact-checking organizations, every one of them says that Trump's level of dishonesty is pretty much unprecedented. When I look at the actual lies being brought up, it seems that Trump has a new one every day, while Clinton's are almost all rehashed crap. When I examine the platforms, Trump's seems based on his lies, while Clinton's simply is not.

This is such an intellectually bankrupt response, and only proves you don't actually bother to read the material contained in the linked articles.

Yeah, as a matter of principle, I don't visit "news" websites willing to blatantly lie to their audiences. WND is awful, and citing it as a source reflects poorly on you. If that is the only source you can find to back up your claim, then you have nothing to back up your claim. You might as well cite NaturalNews, Rense, or Whale.to. And for the record, you have no business crapping on Snopes if this is the quality of source you reach to. Snopes, unlike WND, has a reputation of accuracy and solid fact-checking.

Except the claim she requires constant assistance going up and down the stairs was not made by either Brietbart or WND.

Doesn't matter, it's obviously wrong. There's quite a lot of footage of Clinton going up stairs without assistance. Your entire argument is a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Aside from ensuring his name gets in the news, how has Dr. Drew shown any real concern for Hillary's health? I didn't see anything about him trying to contact Secretary Clinton or her Dr. to voice his concerns about her health.

Upvote 0

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
On the other hand, this is really the best the GOP has to convince people to vote for their candidate. The pools show that, not surprisingly, it isn't all that effective. Considering who that candidate is, this is a good thing. Let them keep repeating that failure.
I'd rather they showed some decency.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd rather they showed some decency.
Yeah, but if they had decency (or decent arguments) their candidate wouldn't be alienating huge chunks of voters and might actually have a chance at getting elected. It is a lesser of two evils kind of situation.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't think you know what that means or how to determine it to begin with.

A reply which rises to a standard no more higher than attacking a source. Do you not realize how lame this is, charging someone who correctly used a word is actually too stupid to understand what that word means? Do you truly believe a person has to be an MD to recognize pathological behavior? Perhaps you do. But what I see here is someone, or in the case of Hillary supporters, a group of people either unwilling or unable to admit an obvious truth even when that truth is glaringly obvious.

Remaining with the one example of Clinton's claim to have landed in Bosnia under sniper fire, that was an egregious, ridiculous, easily refutable lie told with all the presumed confidence of someone who did not believe anyone would dare challenge her on it defended by additional egregious, ridiculous and easily refutable lies once someone did. And the loyalist pouted, wailed about sexism and conspiracy theories, and did what they always do. Attacked someone else as flawed.

But if you want to play this game, here are a few similar lies which might qualify as "pathological":

Batter up.

Barack Obama founded ISIS (literally)...Hillary Clinton is the co-founder of ISIS (literally)

The ultimate minimalist approach. I truly wonder why it is liberals in general have such a difficult time grasping concepts. These two statements can only be considered lies by those who, for whatever reason, try and convince themselves when Trump made these statements he literally meant Obama and Clinton traveled to a board room somewhere in Syria and held a meeting where the founding documents creating ISIS were drafted and signed. That is ridiculous and you know it.

Trump was speaking to policy, the policy decisions made by both Obama and Clinton which created the atmosphere and conditions from which ISIS could, and did, arise.

Trump did not lie in regard to the responsibility of either Obama or Clinton in this regard. He was telling the gospel truth.

Hillary Clinton wants to raise taxes on the middle class

Watch How Hillary Supporters React to Her Announcement About Raising Taxes on the Middle Class

"At a campaign rally in Nebraska, Democrat Hillary Clinton made a bold announcement – and maybe, for once, actually told the truth!

“Trump wants to cut taxes for the super-rich,” Clinton said as Warren Buffett sat behind her. “Well we’re not going there, my friends. I’m telling you right now, we’re going to write fairer rules for the middle class and we are going to raise taxes on the middle class!”

Note the entire speech is also available for viewing, and during that speech Clinton failed to mention the fact some 45% of Americans pay no federal income tax. Nor did she make any mention of the share of GDP which would be comprised of government spending. Nor did she mention any limit for taxation of the general populace. She just screeched Marxist ideology about making the rich pay.

But I know what the response will be:

Clinton%20Sheep_zpsmebfwfk4.jpg

Fire Marshall was not following the law when he didn't let more people into the rally

Trump blasts fire marshal for capping rally attendance

Trump explained that the venue had set up an overflow room for the extra supporters who were waiting outside and weren’t let into the main space. He said it was “unfair” to the people at the event not to let them into the main venue.

"And the reason they won’t let them in is because they don’t know what the hell they’re doing,” Trump continued. “Hey, maybe they’re a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably. I don’t think there are too many of them.”

Trump blasts fire marshal for restricting crowd size

“They said in this massive building, you’re not allowed to have any more than 1,000 people, and that’s nonsense," Trump said. "We could have had four, five, six thousand people. They’ve all been turned away. You saw them."

Trump called it a "disgrace," remarking that they were turned away for "political reasons ... and that's too bad."

I couldn't find the quote where Trump said the fire marshal wasn't following the law. But at least Trump can draw a crowd.

Democrats "rigged" debates up against NFL games

Absolutely true. Two of the debates are up against NFL games. Quote:

"The first debate is set for Sept. 26, the same night as a Monday Night Football matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints. The second presidential debate on Oct. 9 would be up against a game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants."

This is no coincidence. It is widely known the more visible Clinton is, the greater her support numbers decline. Going on Jimmy Kimmel to receive the Osculoum Infame does not qualify as holding a press conference.

NFL sent me a letter telling me how unfortunate it was that the debates were the same day as NFL games

From the same source as above, quote:

"A Trump campaign source told ABC News that "Mr. Trump was made aware of the conflicting dates by a source close to the league. It's unfortunate that millions of voters will be disenfranchised by these chosen dates."

If you want to call this a knowing lie fine. But even if so it pales in comparison to those routinely spouted by Mrs. "What difference does it make."

Hillary Clinton wants to release all violent criminals

Interesting wording. But the issue is the Democrat policy to allow convicted felons the right to vote. Why do you think that would be? It isn't about compassion, or justice, nor does it have anything to do with notions of rehabilitation. Just as with illegal immigration, it is about creating more Democrat voters.

USA has never had negative GDP growth

You didn't bother to source any of your claims, however...

The Worst Four Years Of GDP Growth In History: Yes, We Should Be Worried

"America’s economy has not shrunk since Q2 of 2009. Yet, if the Congressional Budget Office’s estimates of just 1.4% real GDP growth this year prove true, America will have experienced its worst four consecutive growth years of GDP in the Bureau of Economic Analysis’ data going back to 1930.

Looking at the economy in 10-year increments starting from 1948 (when declines from wartime spending had ended), averaging GDP’s annual growth percentage shows the following:

• 1948-57: 3.80%
  • 1958-67: 4.28%
  • 1968-77: 3.18%
  • 1978-87: 3.15%
  • 1988-97: 3.05%
  • 1998-2007: 2.99%
  • 2008-2013: 0.73%"

Hmmm...who was President from the years 2008 through 2013? However this is the ultimate minimalist approach in action again. Trump used the wrong term in describing the horrid state of the economy, but is correct concerning the horrid state of the economy.

Unemployment is up to 42%

The unemployment rate as promoted by the administration, and its sycophants, is an absolute lie. In addition:

Donald Trump is right: America's real unemployment rate is 40%

"But actually, this view can be supported by actual statistics. If you use the broadest definition of unemployment, the ratio of people over the age of 16 with jobs to the overall 16-and-over population, the Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed."

Obama wants to bring in 250,000 Syrian refugees

For the exact same reason as allowing convicted felons the right to vote. For the exact same reason for promoting open borders and illegal immigration. To create another Democrat voting block. One truth concerning liberal/progressive policy is nothing achieved is ever enough. 10,000 today, 250,000 tomorrow. According to FOX News an estimated seven million Syrians are seeking refugee status. Taking in 250,000 would be a drop in the bucket. However it would achieve much in ensuring Democrats continue to hold political power.

Shall I continue?

Oh please, do.

I could keep going literally all day. All of these lies are trivially fact-checked and shown to be completely nonsensical. Should we consider them pathological? Is Trump also a pathological liar?

If they were "fact-checked" with any intellectual honesty, all but possibly one would be revealed to be the absolute truth.

Maybe. But we cannot possibly justify the claim that he is based on nothing but this evidence.

The evidence concerning the character, or perhaps I should say the complete lack thereof, of Hillary Clinton is both glaring and obvious. Yet the loyalist remain in a state of willful ignorance. Hardly an admirable state.

Diagnosing pathological dishonesty is really hard, and distinguishing it from standard dishonesty without any deeper look into the person's life beyond their public face is both outright impossible and (at least in the case of professional psychiatrists) unethical.

Yeah, right. Do you recall how the members of the panel audibly groaned when Bill Clinton said "it depends on what the meaning of is is?" Can you not recognize this as a deliberate, knowing, pathological lie:

Look at Clinton's face as she tells one of her many lies:

And tell us again how difficult it is to recognize said pathology.

I don't know why Clinton lied about being under sniper fire in Bosnia...

Oh, please. Arrogant presumption. Start there.

But to claim that either is a pathological liar based on tiny snippets of their personal lives and the lies they have told is stupid.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and bleating "neener neener neener!" is stupid.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The ultimate minimalist approach. I truly wonder why it is liberals in general have such a difficult time grasping concepts. These two statements can only be considered lies by those who, for whatever reason, try and convince themselves when Trump made these statements he literally meant Obama and Clinton traveled to a board room somewhere in Syria and held a meeting where the founding documents creating ISIS were drafted and signed. That is ridiculous and you know it.

Trump was speaking to policy, the policy decisions made by both Obama and Clinton which created the atmosphere and conditions from which ISIS could, and did, arise.

Trump did not lie in regard to the responsibility of either Obama or Clinton in this regard. He was telling the gospel truth.

Hugh Hewitt tried that excuse as well. Trump corrected him.

HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.

DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.
But even if you want to give him that credit, he's still totally wrong.

"At a campaign rally in Nebraska, Democrat Hillary Clinton made a bold announcement – and maybe, for once, actually told the truth!

“Trump wants to cut taxes for the super-rich,” Clinton said as Warren Buffett sat behind her. “Well we’re not going there, my friends. I’m telling you right now, we’re going to write fairer rules for the middle class and we are going to raise taxes on the middle class!”

Because, you know, misspeaking once on the campaign trail equals policy. Are you serious? If I mean to say, "I want sausage on my pizza and whipped cream on my coffee" and it accidentally comes out, "I want whipped cream on my pizza and sausage on my coffee", any waiter who ignores subsequent corrections as well as my previous written order as well as my preference on my public website which is a matter of general public knowledge (let's just assume for a minute that my taste in pizza toppings is akin to a presidential candidate's stance on taxation in terms of importance and repeatability) is probably going to get fired when they bring me my sausage coffee, because it's blatantly obvious that I misspoke. Yeah, Clinton said it. The lie is in claiming that that's her intended policy when every indication from her own speech to her website to every previous version of that speech indicates that she doesn't want to raise taxes on the middle class.

This is an intellectually dishonest answer. If you believe Clinton has as a part of her policy to raise taxes on the middle class, you are wrong. And if you claim that despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you are lying.

I couldn't find the quote where Trump said the fire marshal wasn't following the law. But at least Trump can draw a crowd.

This:

"And the reason they won’t let them in is because they don’t know what the hell they’re doing,” Trump continued. “Hey, maybe they’re a Hillary person. Could that be possible? Probably. I don’t think there are too many of them.”

This is my fault, I didn't explain what I meant clearly. When I say "the fire marshal wasn't following the law", I am referring to Trump's accusation that the fire marshal was doing something other than simply following the fire code for the building. That's nonsense. It's completely wrong and there's no reason to lie about that. The claim that the fire marshal wouldn't let more people in because "they don't know what the hell they're doing" or "maybe they're a Hillary person" is a lie. Like it or not, Trump made that up on the spot based on absolutely nothing, and subsequent investigation found that the fire marshal was entirely correct.

Absolutely true. Two of the debates are up against NFL games.

The lie is that the democrats rigged it. Again, this is a stupid, unforced error: the debates were scheduled by a bipartisan committee back in september of 2015. You know, long before either primary was established, and more than half a year before the NFL set its schedule. Please stop bending over backwards to defend the indefensible. Trump lied. Again.

From the same source as above, quote:

"A Trump campaign source told ABC News that "Mr. Trump was made aware of the conflicting dates by a source close to the league. It's unfortunate that millions of voters will be disenfranchised by these chosen dates."

Yes, this is a step back from his previous claim, that, and I quote:

“I’ll tell you what I don’t like,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos. “It’s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying, “This is ridiculous.'”​

If you want to call this a knowing lie fine. But even if so it pales in comparison to those routinely spouted by Mrs. "What difference does it make."

The point is, why would he lie about this? What's the endgame here? He didn't get a letter; did he think the NFL would just clam up and not say anything? Did he think they'd lie and agree with him? What's going on here? This lie seems inconsequential, but it's such a bizarre unforced error. If we're talking about lies that are truly pathological, this one seems like a pretty clear contender. Right?

Interesting wording. But the issue is the Democrat policy to allow convicted felons the right to vote. Why do you think that would be? It isn't about compassion, or justice, nor does it have anything to do with notions of rehabilitation.

The actual Trump wording:

"President Obama pushed for changes to sentencing laws that released thousands of dangerous drug trafficking felons and gang members who prey on civilians," Trump said. He continued, "This is Hillary Clinton's agenda, too, to release the violent criminals from jail. She wants them all released."
Is this about letting felons vote? He doesn't mention voting. He doesn't mention felons who are done with their sentences. He specifically says "This is Hillary Clinton's agenda, too, to release the violent criminals from jail. She wants them all released." Are we playing a little game here, where if we don't like what Trump said, we get to pretend he said something else entirely? This is a lie. Full stop.

Also, a word of advice. You are not a good judge of character, and you are not good at determining the motivations for your political opponents. You immediately jump to malice. You jump over all other possible or stated rationales, no matter how much sense they make*, and say, "They're doing this out of pure self-interest". You then treat this as justification for ignoring any other good reasons for the actions, which doesn't make any sense anyways, because the right thing done for the wrong reasons is still the right thing.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with Trump's statement, so it's just another stupid red herring and a waste of my time.

*It is, in fact, a pretty gross injustice that felons who have served their time cannot vote, as we continue to punish them by stripping them of one of their most fundamental rights as citizens of a democracy long after they've served whatever sentence they may have. That's a really good reason to allow rehabilitated felons who have served their time to vote.

You didn't bother to source any of your claims, however...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m.../donald-trump-says-us-gdp-never-negative-ter/

And here, once again, we ignore what he actually said and reach to some bogus excuse. Trump's actual claim:

"The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It's never below zero."
That is a lie. GDP growth has dropped below zero quite often throughout the history of our country. 42 is slightly more than zero!

Has GDP growth been bad under Obama? Sure. And if that was what Trump was claiming, I wouldn't be calling it a lie. But that's not what he claimed. He explicitly said on numerous occasions that our GDP growth was below zero and that this had never happened before. That's a lie. Particularly when he says it after being corrected on it. If the real numbers are as damning as you say, why would he lie? Why wouldn't he tell the truth about this?

The unemployment rate as promoted by the administration, and its sycophants, is an absolute lie. In addition:

Donald Trump is right: America's real unemployment rate is 40%

"But actually, this view can be supported by actual statistics. If you use the broadest definition of unemployment, the ratio of people over the age of 16 with jobs to the overall 16-and-over population, the Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed."

At best, this is completely misleading. It includes people on disabilities who cannot reasonably work. It includes high-school and college students, who go to school full-time. It includes the severely mentally handicapped. It includes housewives, whose hours dealing with Junior go unrecorded. If you're talking about employment, this statistic is nonsense. You might as well claim that employment is 100%, because nobody works "full time", and by "full time" you mean 24/7. That's how nonsensical this is. It's indefensible. If it was a real difference in opinion among experts, I could at least grant that it's merely wrong, but it's not. It's just insane. Trump would have to be a complete idiot to cite this figure, and after the first round of fact-checking (because he keeps on repeating it), a liar.

For the exact same reason as allowing convicted felons the right to vote. For the exact same reason for promoting open borders and illegal immigration. To create another Democrat voting block. One truth concerning liberal/progressive policy is nothing achieved is ever enough. 10,000 today, 250,000 tomorrow. According to FOX News an estimated seven million Syrians are seeking refugee status. Taking in 250,000 would be a drop in the bucket. However it would achieve much in ensuring Democrats continue to hold political power.

Except that Obama has at no point aimed for or pledged to bring in 250,000 syrian refugees. The real number is nowhere near that. Literally everything in this above quoted paragraph is a stupid red herring. I'm sorry, when the Trump claim is:

"And when you look at what happened in that case, it’s just reported, one from Syria. And our president wants to take in 250,000 from Syria,[...]"​

And the reality is that the Obama administration plans to take in 10,000, I don't care what the reason is. I don't care that it's supposedly about "ensuring democrat political power". The topic is Trump's lies. And he lied. The 250,000 figure is a complete misrepresentation.

If they were "fact-checked" with any intellectual honesty, all but possibly one would be revealed to be the absolute truth.

My actual opinion on this sentence cannot reasonably be said on this forum. I'll have to settle for this.

I'm sorry, this is just stupid. Trump lies. He lies a lot. In fact, he lies more than just about any candidate in recent memory. Pretending that all these lies are somehow true, despite the evidence to the contrary, is just dumb. It beggars belief, it really does. To accuse me of intellectual dishonesty, when your responses were, in order:
  1. Mistake the facts and ignore Trump's own statements
  2. Completely ignore why it's a lie and repeat the lie
  3. Misunderstand why it's a lie
  4. Misunderstand why it's a lie in a particularly bizarre and nonsensical way
  5. Admit that it's a lie
  6. Deflect by pretending Trump was talking about something entirely different and just inventing your own version of what he said
  7. Deflect by talking about something entirely different and pretend that "he was right anyways" (despite the fact that no, he wasn't)
  8. Pretend that it isn't a lie by appealing to exactly the same bogus statistics Trump used
  9. Throw up a red herring, repeat the lie, and do nothing to address the problems with it
And I'm the intellectually bankrupt one? WHAT?! Dude! Remove the Trump McMansion from your eye before you complain about the splinter in mine. #8 is literally the only one you have any case for, and even then, it's wicked flimsy.

Yeah, right. Do you recall how the members of the panel audibly groaned when Bill Clinton said "it depends on what the meaning of is is?" Can you not recognize this as a deliberate, knowing, pathological lie:

Deliberate? Yes. Knowing? Yes. Pathological? How could you possibly tell? It's a politician lying because he thinks it'll get him out of a jam. That's pretty normal human behavior. People lie. They say things which they know are false because they think they'll get some benefit from it - in this case, possibly avoiding a major scandal and potentially the end of his marriage. In some cases, people become really good at lying, even without any overt pathology. It's a thing. I maintain that if we're using the vague criteria you laid out (it seems to be "lies a lot" combined with "I calls 'em like I sees 'em" and more realistically "is named Clinton"), Trump qualifies better. Except not really, because it's not good criteria.

And tell us again how difficult it is to recognize said pathology.

It's a whole lot harder than saying, "Look, this person lied once or twice or even a hundred times over their career". You don't understand what "pathological lying" means. I welcome you to look into it. There's a reason we don't psychoanalyze people we don't actually know.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Well, Hillary might be physically ill. Who knows. But she's still better than the alternative - a mentally ill megalomaniac who lives in some bizarre alternate reality. The American electoral system is defective. That's what you really need to focus on; and hopefully change.

She's not ill, she's just old. And if you ask me she is holding up to the rigors of the campaign pretty well. As for meglomaniac, he was here in Jackson last night. As you can see, he was bit much even for Mississippi:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bigot-womans-reaction

Upvote 0

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
She's not ill, she's just old. And if you ask me she is holding up to the rigors of the campaign pretty well. As for meglomaniac, he was here in Jackson last night. As you can see, he was bit much even for Mississippi:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bigot-womans-reaction
Not old. She's younger than me. She just happens to not be ill and not be young. And, as you say, standing the pace well.
So is her opponent, unpleasant though he be.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hugh Hewitt tried that excuse as well.

It wasn't an excuse. It was, and remains, the simple truth. As I said neither Obama nor Clinton traveled to Syria and held a meeting wherein the founding documents for ISIS were signed. Nor was Trump's intent to imply they did. Even given his use of the word literally, Trump was speaking to policy, the policy decisions made and implemented by both Obama and Clinton which created the atmosphere and conditions from which ISIS could, and did, arise. Trump wants to call Obama and Clinton the most valuable players in the creation and rise of ISIS, he is again, exactly correct. Time magazine publishing an article wherein the writer wails "Bush's fault!" doesn't change anything. Both the administration and the left in general have been crying "Bush's fault!" in response to every problem encountered for the entirety of the current reign, a strategy which only serves to further expose the vapidity of both argument and policy.

Because, you know, misspeaking once on the campaign trail equals policy.

When you examine the history of the Democrat Party, not only do you find it steeped in willfully embraced racism but also in a love of tax increases. The Democrats, to include Hillary Clinton, have never met a tax hike they didn't like. Typically they just lie about it, relying on the ignorance and assumed stupidity of the populace by employing terms such as "revenue enhancement," or dressing the tax increases up as compassionate policy hidden in legislation such as Obamacare.

However I have always found it curious how the liberal/progressive left responds to words spoken by their appointed leaders. One of their superiors supposedly "misspeaks" and the words are always defended as simple, harmless gaffs. Even when repeatedly committed. Whatever, if elected Clinton will keep her promise to raise taxes on the middle class.

The lie is in claiming that that's her intended policy when every indication from her own speech to her website to every previous version of that speech indicates that she doesn't want to raise taxes on the middle class.

And her history of lie piled atop lie piled atop lie piled atop lie piled atop a foundation of lies provides every indication her willingness to lie and that her indications mean nothing. From Mother Jones, quote:

"Take the Family Act, a bill introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) to wide acclaim from progressive groups, which would institute paid family leave for workers. To offset the cost of that new benefit, Gillibrand's bill would institute a small increase in payroll taxes, which would hit many of the same people for whom Clinton has pledged to not raise taxes. Clinton has endorsed paid family leave in concept but has yet to explain how she'd pay for it."

The tax increases will be implemented, just presented in a manner the loyalist either won't possess the intelligence to question or the fortitude to challenge. In addition I wonder how many of the people Clinton claims to care so much for live in homes like this:

clinton-Chappaqua_3264930b.jpg

This is an intellectually dishonest answer. If you believe Clinton has as a part of her policy to raise taxes on the middle class, you are wrong. And if you claim that despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you are lying.

Ask yourself who pays, who will pay, for the Democrat favored policy of raising the minimum wage of people who can't get a simple fast food order correct and don't care to in the first place. Who pays for free college tuition. Or policies such as Family Leave. Only the evil "rich?" Talk about intellectual dishonesty. In addition:

Hillary Admits She Would Not Veto Middle Class Tax Hike

"Hillary Clinton would not veto a middle class payroll tax increase if it reached her desk as President, she said Monday at an Iowa candidate forum. The admission is a stunning reversal of her repeatedly stated pledge not to raise taxes on any American making less than $250,000 per year."

"Clinton made the middle-class tax promise in November and in the ensuing weeks has continually cited the pledge as she campaigned across the country."

"But on Monday, during the Brown & Black Democratic Presidential Forum at Drake University in Des Moines, Clinton was pointedly asked if she would veto a payroll tax:

"Moderator Alicia Menendez: “Democrats have introduced a plan that Senator Sanders supports that you’ve come out against because it is funded by a payroll tax. If that were to reach your desk as President, would you veto it in order to make good on your tax pledge?”

Hillary Clinton: “No. No.”

The lie is that the democrats rigged it. Again, this is a stupid, unforced error: the debates were scheduled by a bipartisan committee back in september of 2015. You know, long before either primary was established, and more than half a year before the NFL set its schedule.

Are you actually attempting to make the claim the members of this "bipartisan" committee, operating in September of 2015, had never heard of Sunday Night Football? Or Monday Night Football? Are you actually attempting to claim the members of this "bipartisan" committee would not only have no idea the NFL would schedule a game on a Sunday Night, but no historical means from which to base such an assumption? It has already been proven the Democrats long ago decided Hillary was going to be the Presidential nominee. The entire Democrat Primary season was nothing but window dressing for the uninformed. Given that as the base line, the debate schedule was set with the foreknowledge of who would be debating. i.e., Hillary Clinton. The Democrat Party wants as little visibility of Clinton as they can manage because they know the more she is on public display the more her numbers drop. It is axiomatic.

But hey, I found a picture of the bipartisan committee:

trained-monkeys.jpeg

Please stop bending over backwards to defend the indefensible. Trump lied. Again.

No, he didn't. The Clinton loyalist and lemmings are following the script they have been told to follow.

The actual Trump wording:

"President Obama pushed for changes to sentencing laws that released thousands of dangerous drug trafficking felons and gang members who prey on civilians," Trump said. He continued, "This is Hillary Clinton's agenda, too, to release the violent criminals from jail. She wants them all released."
Is this about letting felons vote?

That is exactly what the policy is about.

He doesn't mention voting.

I made no claim he did. Trump stated Obama and Clinton have an agenda concerning convicted felons. And they do. The policy to release criminals early and to allow convicted felons the right to vote is about exactly what I said, creating yet another or at best adding to the Democrat voting block.

Also, a word of advice. You are not a good judge of character, and you are not good at determining the motivations for your political opponents. You immediately jump to malice. You jump over all other possible or stated rationales, no matter how much sense they make*, and say, "They're doing this out of pure self-interest".

You seriously need to broaden your horizons. I am positive there exist members of the liberal community who are simply gushing with compassion, who seriously believe they are acting for the betterment of mankind. But they tend not to become elected officials. The liberal agenda is advanced by people like Hillary Clinton, people who lie as a matter of course, who embrace actual racism via the bigotry of low expectations and display actual racism by treating assorted minority groups as favored pets. All of course while claiming someone else is racist. Of course it is pure self interest.

Liberals living in Lower Manhattan may favor the acceptance of Syrian refugees, and foam at the mouth in response to any criticism of such policy. But they are not going to take any of those refugees in. Liberals may claim to support the payment of reparations, but of course with someone else's money. Liberals in general claim to be pro-choice, but only according to one single narrow definition of what pro-choice means. Get outside of those established guidelines, and the response is the instant application of the politics of personal destruction.

The same happens here on a daily basis. There is a member who constantly claims all Republicans are racist. I haven't seen you challenge him.

You then treat this as justification for ignoring any other good reasons for the actions, which doesn't make any sense anyways, because the right thing done for the wrong reasons is still the right thing.

Yeah, because the ends always justify the means. That is an old leftist argument. I wonder how the victims of either Fort Hood or San Bernardino would feel about that. Or the people of Nice, France. Or all the family members of those murdered by illegal aliens welcomed into the country with open arms by the American left.

And here, once again, we ignore what he actually said and reach to some bogus excuse. Trump's actual claim:

"The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It's never below zero."
That is a lie.

Ah, so Hillary can misspeak, but Trump can't. Noted.

And the reality is that the Obama administration plans to take in 10,000, I don't care what the reason is. I don't care that it's supposedly about "ensuring democrat political power". The topic is Trump's lies. And he lied. The 250,000 figure is a complete misrepresentation.

The 10,000 figure is an increase in the total number of refugees planed to be admitted. Quote:

"The lawsuit comes as a response to Pres. Obama’s plan to increase the total number of refugees admitted in the U.S. from 70,000-85,000 this year, including at least 10,000 refugees from Syria."

The misrepresentation is in either promoting or believing the administration, to include a potential Clinton administration, would ever stop at the 10,000 or the 85,000 figure. They won't. More refugees equals more Democrat voters. That is all it is about.

Deliberate? Yes. Knowing? Yes. Pathological? How could you possibly tell?

Because I don't have my head buried someplace where I can't see the world around me. For the uninformed:

path·o·log·i·cal
(păth′ə-lŏj′ĭ-kəl) also path·o·log·ic (-ĭk)
adj.
1. Of or relating to pathology.
2. Relating to or caused by disease.
3. Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive: a pathological liar.

Many of Clinton's lies have been moronically maladaptive. Her history of being a habitual liar can be traced to her first public appearance and beyond. That pattern hasn't changed. Make all the lame excuses you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't an excuse. It was, and remains, the simple truth. As I said neither Obama nor Clinton traveled to Syria and held a meeting wherein the founding documents for ISIS were signed. Nor was Trump's intent to imply they did. Even given his use of the word literally, Trump was speaking to policy, the policy decisions made and implemented by both Obama and Clinton which created the atmosphere and conditions from which ISIS could, and did, arise. Trump wants to call Obama and Clinton the most valuable players in the creation and rise of ISIS, he is again, exactly correct. Time magazine publishing an article wherein the writer wails "Bush's fault!" doesn't change anything. Both the administration and the left in general have been crying "Bush's fault!" in response to every problem encountered for the entirety of the current reign, a strategy which only serves to further expose the vapidity of both argument and policy.

Trump didn't say Obama and Clinton were responsible for ISIS he said they founded it and that, far from the truth, is utter slander. And yes, if we are going to play this game than it was Bush who was responsible because he is the one which created and implemented the policies that led to the founding of ISIS. There was no al-Qaeda Iraq before we invaded that country. And it was al-Qaeda Iraq which metastasized into ISIS.
When you examine the history of the Democrat Party, not only do you find it steeped in willfully embraced racism but also in a love of tax increases.

There was a lot of racism in the Democratic Party until Johnson became president, then the racists moved over to the Republicans.

The Democrats, to include Hillary Clinton, have never met a tax hike they didn't like.

Not true. The Dems don't like regressive taxation.

dressing the tax increases up as compassionate policy hidden in legislation such as Obamacare.

I see. So you think the Dems just use social welfare legislation and safety nets as an excuse to wage taxes. And what pray tell, is behind their need to raise taxes?

Whatever, if elected Clinton will keep her promise to raise taxes on the middle class.

Not a promise she ever made.

And her history of lie piled atop lie piled atop lie piled atop lie piled atop a foundation of lies provides every indication her willingness to lie and that her indications mean nothing.

Don't worry. People tell a lot more lies about Clinton than she ever told.

From Mother Jones, quote:

"Take the Family Act, a bill introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) to wide acclaim from progressive groups, which would institute paid family leave for workers. To offset the cost of that new benefit, Gillibrand's bill would institute a small increase in payroll taxes, which would hit many of the same people for whom Clinton has pledged to not raise taxes. Clinton has endorsed paid family leave in concept but has yet to explain how she'd pay for it."

You realize that what Gillibrand suggests is not evidence of a lie by Hilary Clinton.

The tax increases will be implemented

She has said she would raise taxes, just not on the Middle Class. And easy way to do that even by payroll taxes is merely to take the lid off of maximum contributions. That would effect the wealthy, not the Middle Class.

just presented in a manner the loyalist either won't possess the intelligence to question or the fortitude to challenge. In addition I wonder how many of the people Clinton claims to care so much for live in homes like this:

And this is relevant, how?

Ask yourself who pays, who will pay, for the Democrat favored policy of raising the minimum wage of people who can't get a simple fast food order correct and don't care to in the first place.

The people who are willing to hire folks who can't get a simple fast food order correct.

Who pays for free college tuition.

Eventually those who get a college education. They will earn on average two million dollars more in their lifetime than they would have had they not gone. That's two million dollars extra that will be taxed. Assuming they pay even on a 15% level that comes to $300,000. Sounds like a good investment to me!

Or policies such as Family Leave.

In most countries employers pay this.

Hillary Admits She Would Not Veto Middle Class Tax Hike

You really should provide a source when you cut and paste.

"Hillary Clinton would not veto a middle class payroll tax increase if it reached her desk as President, she said Monday at an Iowa candidate forum. The admission is a stunning reversal of her repeatedly stated pledge not to raise taxes on any American making less than $250,000 per year."

"Clinton made the middle-class tax promise in November and in the ensuing weeks has continually cited the pledge as she campaigned across the country."

"But on Monday, during the Brown & Black Democratic Presidential Forum at Drake University in Des Moines, Clinton was pointedly asked if she would veto a payroll tax:

"Moderator Alicia Menendez: “Democrats have introduced a plan that Senator Sanders supports that you’ve come out against because it is funded by a payroll tax. If that were to reach your desk as President, would you veto it in order to make good on your tax pledge?”

Hillary Clinton: “No. No.”

As I pointed our earlier, it is possible to raise revenue from the payroll tax without raising taxes on the Middle Class. You just take the lid off the payroll tax. Granted this would effect all those earning above $110,000 not the $250,000 Clinton mentioned, but I wouldn't call that a tax increase. Rather it is simply making those in that tax bracket pay the same as everyone else.

Liberals living in Lower Manhattan may favor the acceptance of Syrian refugees, and foam at the mouth in response to any criticism of such policy. But they are not going to take any of those refugees in.

I live in central Mississippi not lower Manhattan, but I consider myself a liberal. And yes, I have taken refugees in, both from Iran and Afghanistan.

Liberals may claim to support the payment of reparations, but of course with someone else's money.

Guess what? Liberals also pay taxes.

Sure he can, as long as he can later say, 'oops that was a mistake' and say to the specific misspeak and not in vague generalities.

The 10,000 figure is an increase in the total number of refugees planed to be admitted.

My understanding it that 10,000 is the number already admitted and 50,000 represents the number to be admitted in the future. That is a shamefully minuscule amount compared to what other countries are doing.

More refugees equals more Democrat voters. That is all it is about.

Uh, refugees have to live in this country for seven years and become citizens before they can vote.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephyrWiccan

Jun 11, 2015
✟16,809.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Anyone with eyes and numerical-adding abilities can see Trump is a much more prolific and outrageous liar than Hillary.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/
The PolitiFact scorecard
As one can see, 72% of her statements are at least half true, and 50% of her statements are mostly/all true.
She's certainly told a few porkies in her long history as a public figure but that's to be expected, and it makes up a very small amount of it.

Meanwhile:
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
The PolitiFact scorecard
Trump can't even stay slightly honest more than 30% of the time (about the amount of the time Hills is dishonest). And just his False and Pants on Fire level of falsehoods is over 50%!

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Like, just for example, this is the kind of brazen intellectual dishonesty I'm talking about:

Did Trump give any indication at any point that this was an error, that he misspoke, or that he didn't mean exactly what he said? And how is that "misspoken"?

And by the way, I'm granting that he misspoke already! He obviously means gross domestic product growth. But what possible slip of the tongue do you see in that statement that qualifies it as "misspoken" to the point where it's not an outright lie? "It's never below zero, except for the 42 times it was"? Did he pull a Rick Perry "oops" moment where he forgot the rest of the sentence or something? Trump lied; stop defending it. You just look ridiculous.

Or this:

Are you actually attempting to make the claim the members of this "bipartisan" committee, operating in September of 2015, had never heard of Sunday Night Football? Or Monday Night Football? Are you actually attempting to claim the members of this "bipartisan" committee would not only have no idea the NFL would schedule a game on a Sunday Night, but no historical means from which to base such an assumption? It has already been proven the Democrats long ago decided Hillary was going to be the Presidential nominee. The entire Democrat Primary season was nothing but window dressing for the uninformed. Given that as the base line, the debate schedule was set with the foreknowledge of who would be debating. i.e., Hillary Clinton. The Democrat Party wants as little visibility of Clinton as they can manage because they know the more she is on public display the more her numbers drop. It is axiomatic.

Okay, so now you're reaching to a conspiracy theory about the committee: "the democrats didn't want Hillary to get exposure". Never mind that the committee is bipartisan, meaning that if that was the goal, the republicans probably would have put a stop to it. Oh, and by the way? There are four nights a week with NFL games, and the baseball postseason. And Soccer. And I'm not 100% sure, but maybe also NBA games. Dodging everything is impossible. Last election season, the second debate was opposite a Yankees playoff game. Trump should consider himself lucky all he has to compete with is a few NFL games early in the season. But all of this is a moot point, because if any of this were actually true, you'd think the co-chair who happens to be a former head of the Republican National Committee would have said something other than that Trump is full of crap. You'd think that guy might have vetoed the letter from the committee stating that it's impossible to avoid all sporting events. But he didn't.

In 2012, every debate was up against an NFL game. One was up against an NFL game and the last innings of a baseball playoffs game with the Yankees.

This is stupid, and your apologetics are pathetic. Which do you think is more likely true:

1. The bipartisan debate committee (including one of its co-chairs who was head of the RNC) is lying and covering in order to give Clinton an advantage by putting the debates where they predicted NFL games were happening. However, they neglected to consider aiming instead for baseball postseason games like they did in the last election cycle, because reasons, and they couldn't figure out how to get all three onto NFL game days because they're apparently really bad at being super shady conspirators. They did all this a year ago, before they even knew who the nominees were, because they could tell even back then that Clinton would win and that giving her more exposure would be a disadvantage for her somehow.
  2. The bipartisan debate committee picked the dates as best it could, working around a difficult schedule put up by the NFL, MBA, and more, did a better job than they did in the previous election, and Trump just lied about it.
WELL GOSH I JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IT COULD POSSIBLY BE!

Last edited:
Reactions: smaneck
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aside from ensuring his name gets in the news, how has Dr. Drew shown any real concern for Hillary's health? I didn't see anything about him trying to contact Secretary Clinton or her Dr. to voice his concerns about her health.

Maybe he can make a house call and fix everything.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Someone who is deteriorating to the point that they have that much difficulty getting upstairs, as you yourself noted, amongst other things, should not be running for president.

well, she just slipped prior to that picture, so...one would think a christian would be more concerned with what they are presenting as truth. apparently, it doesn't matter to some.

Upvote 0