Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well if you look at what constitutes a sociopath, Hillary falls well within the characteristics.

I doubt it.

Here is my take on Hilary. She is someone who to me, feels entitled and does not feel the normal rules apply to her. She doesn't like to be bothered by the mundane, that other folks have to deal with. Is she dishonest? Yes, but so are many other politicians and people in general.

The biggest difference between Hilary and Trump is this; Trump lies and tells tales because he feels he can, Hilary lies to try to cover certain things up and to protect an image. Trump, like any serial narcissist, simply is not in touch with how others perceive him and he actually thinks, everyone thinks he is the best.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I doubt it.

Here is my take on Hilary. She is someone who to me, feels entitled and does not feel the normal rules apply to her. She doesn't like to be bothered by the mundane, that other folks have to deal with. Is she dishonest? Yes, but so are many other politicians and people in general.

The biggest difference between Hilary and Trump is this; Trump lies and tells tales because he feels he can, Hilary lies to try to cover certain things up and to protect an image. Trump, like any serial narcissist, simply is not in touch with how others perceive him and he actually thinks, everyone thinks he is the best.

List all the characteristics of Hillary that you can think of. Be sure to include lying and the absence of remorse for such. After you make the list, check the list against the characteristics for a sociopath. She'll fit neatly into many of those characteristics.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,422.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As a younger man he was able to work through his health issues. As an older man (younger than Clinton is now) he died as a result of his health issues. So your argument only works if you factor OUT the age of both people with whom you're comparing. But if you factor in age, which you should, then FDR is dead from his health issues and there is nothing to compare. JFK had health issues too but he was 35 which gives him a huge advantage in spite of his many problems. Clinton is an old lady who likely wears diapers. Her health issues are likely hidden from us. She is dolled up for the camera. She hasn't had a press conference in nearly a year. She's hardly available to the public. She's hiding. Keeping her distance. Perhaps that's because if we get a real good look, we'll see she's not physically up to the job. My guess is that she'll get elected and after just two years she'll wear down and possibly out. If she's not impeached first.

As I said, it conveyed the message I was looking for.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • When a sociopath does something wrong, he or she is likely to accept none of the blame and to blame others instead.
  • Sociopaths are willing to hurt whomever whenever if it means that they will achieve their goals. This is why many sociopaths are highly successful people
  • Sociopaths love to lie about their pasts, too. Look for inconsistencies in their stories.
  • Some sociopaths will go to great lengths to make you believe their lies. Many
  • sociopaths are delusional to the point where they believe that their lies are the truth
  • You can think of sociopaths as con artists who always have a secret agenda. They need to know how to charm people in order to get what they want. To advance their goals, they first have to blend in with the crowd, which means they need to know how to smile, greet people, and make people feel comfortable.
  • Although many sociopaths can be extremely charming, they harbor strong antisocial inclinations. They have a hard time staying in connection for long periods of time. They make frequent and long trips to the bathroom. They can be extremely charming, and then cold and distant. They are also not quite genuine in the interactions either. When people are very polar in their behavior, ranging from antisocial to extremely charming, it's a marker of disintegration in their psyche - and it's a red flag. It can also be an attempt to elicit rejection and wounding, to then control the others with. It is always accompanied with a lack of compassion or basic consideration of another's life. If it doesn't feel genuine from within them, it could very well be a person with sociopathic tendencies.
Here's more: http://www.md-health.com/Sociopath-Traits.html

Seems to fit her well.
Here. let me fix that for you:
Seems to fit him well.
wait...you weren't talking about Mr Trump there? :eek:
tulc(is sorry about getting confused who we're talking about) :sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Leaving out the partisan nonsense in this post (pro tip: Clinton is not the most prolific or unrepentant liar in the race; that would be her opponent, who is not just the most prolific and unrepentant in this race, but in recent political history), let's just get to the meat of the claims:

In addition there exist legitimate questions concerning the status of her health,
hillary-clinton-staircase-2016-drudge-screenshot-600.jpg

WND is a crap source and this is ridiculous.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-slipping-on-stairs/

Although these photographs were offered as "proof" that Clinton is in such poor health that she needs constant accompaniment while ascending stairs, several photographs of the Democratic presidential nominee ascending and descending stairs without help from anyone are not difficult to find:​

clinton-stairs1.jpg

She slipped and fell. It happens sometimes. It's not like she constantly requires assistance going up and down the stairs. That would be a lie. Fed to you without remorse by the right-wing hucksters at Breitbart and WND.

Known hoax. Seriously, snopes it before you share it. It'll save you some embarrassment.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-medical-records-leaked/

Stop getting your information from conspiracy websites and right-wing tabloids. They are lying to you.

both on her public appearances and private moments.

I'm really not sure what this is supposed to show. We don't see what she saw, we aren't given any clues as to context, and we don't really know what's going on. What is this supposed to signify? I don't know - you aren't making it clear in any meaningful way. It's just anomaly hunting: "This looks slightly out of the ordinary! THEREFORE IT MUST CONFIRM MY HYPOTHESIS!"

Hey look, another context-free image with no indication of what's going on. This is the quality of evidence you're basing your analysis on? Don't quit your day job. Unless your day job is "practicing physician", in which case, please quit your day job.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
  • When a sociopath does something wrong, he or she is likely to accept none of the blame and to blame others instead.
  • Sociopaths are willing to hurt whomever whenever if it means that they will achieve their goals. This is why many sociopaths are highly successful people
  • Sociopaths love to lie about their pasts, too. Look for inconsistencies in their stories.
  • Some sociopaths will go to great lengths to make you believe their lies. Many
  • sociopaths are delusional to the point where they believe that their lies are the truth
  • You can think of sociopaths as con artists who always have a secret agenda. They need to know how to charm people in order to get what they want. To advance their goals, they first have to blend in with the crowd, which means they need to know how to smile, greet people, and make people feel comfortable.
  • Although many sociopaths can be extremely charming, they harbor strong antisocial inclinations. They have a hard time staying in connection for long periods of time. They make frequent and long trips to the bathroom. They can be extremely charming, and then cold and distant. They are also not quite genuine in the interactions either. When people are very polar in their behavior, ranging from antisocial to extremely charming, it's a marker of disintegration in their psyche - and it's a red flag. It can also be an attempt to elicit rejection and wounding, to then control the others with. It is always accompanied with a lack of compassion or basic consideration of another's life. If it doesn't feel genuine from within them, it could very well be a person with sociopathic tendencies.
Now, let's assume for a moment we haven't already gone over the "Goldwater Rule", which indicates that psychoanalysis from afar is both unhelpful and unethical, and we actually buy this crap. Going down the list, we have some problems:
Clinton takes responsibility for Benghazi. Clinton takes responsibility for her email use. Clinton takes responsibility for empowering Bush to go to Iraq. Hmm. Swing and a miss, buddy.
There is no evidence that this applies to Clinton. There are rather dubious conspiracy theories with little supporting evidence, but how does this actually apply here? And keep in mind this doesn't just mean "I'm not a nice guy who will help those around me". I don't see how this applies to Clinton at all, and you have yet to provide any examples. But even further than examples of her hurting people to achieve her goals, we need to see a consistent pattern of it in her day-to-day life. Not just a few individual examples, but rather that this is a constant thread throughout her public and private life. This is why it's so hard to
Again, let's be clear here: a handful of fabrications about one's past does not indicate sociopathy. What we're looking for is a constant and consistent pattern of lying, often about trivial things, often for no apparent reason, all the time. That's... just not Clinton. I'm sorry, it's not. A few lies, even significant ones, does not indicate sociopathy. Otherwise, every politician would be at risk.

I'm not sure where you got your list (it's not from the link posted below in the post), but it's incomplete and doesn't match up with the DSM-V's definition, Hervey Cleckley's qualifiers, or the ICD-10 criteria. The few you do list don't seem to apply to Clinton in any meaningful way, and we don't have anywhere near enough information about her private life to be able to say with any certainty. But where you really lose me is here:

This is where I know this isn't actually about a serious attempt to match Clinton's behavior with the symptoms. Clinton is legendarily charmless. Seriously, she's one of the least charismatic people to run for president, people constantly talk about how uncomfortable she seems in front of crowds, and her "likability gap" is seen as a serious problem. At the same time though, people who interact with her one-on-one report that she is in fact quite genuine and earnest (if uncharismatic).

You seem to be starting with "this is what makes a sociopath" and trying to force Clinton into that mold, regardless of how unreasonable that may be. This makes an already pointless task downright ridiculous. Diagnosing someone based entirely on what they show in their public life with absolutely no access to or understanding of their personal life is a waste of time and completely unreasonable; there's a reason the Goldwater Rule is a thing; but if you're not even going to be honest or consistent with the person's outward opinion, then why even bother? Clinton is missing a lot of the tell-tale signs of psychopathy and doesn't really show any of them to a degree not seen in other politicians.

Look, here's an excerpt the DSM-IV's sociopathic diagnosis tool.

A) Pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:
  1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
  2. Deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
  3. Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
  5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
  7. Lack of remorse as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
The ones highlighted in red simply cannot reasonably be attributed to Clinton in any meaningful way. They just can't. The remaining two, even by the harshest critique of Clinton, are not reasonably attributable to her. This whole argument is stupid. "Sociopath" is not the same thing as "liar" or "cheat" or "person with a poor moral compass". If you're going to throw accusations around, learn what they mean.

And yes, I will gladly include the people who try to claim Trump is a narcissist or a sociopath or a psychopath or whatever. Knock it off. You see a tiny sliver of his life, one he explicitly curates for public viewing. You don't know what he's like behind closed doors, and you are not a trained psychiatrist. It's annoying and distracting and stupid. Stop it.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's factual

That Clinton is a liar? That's been proven.

Hillary is a sociopath by definition. But that's just my opinon.

Many people find that, when offering an opinion, qualifying your sentences with modifiers such as "I think that...", "In my opinion, ..." or similar make your meaning better understood than using using terms such as "factual", "proven" or "by definition".

Reactions: Picky Picky
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Many people find that, when offering an opinion, qualifying your sentences with modifiers such as "I think that...", "In my opinion, ..." or similar make your meaning better understood than using using terms such as "factual", "proven" or "by definition".

66.gif

I hope I don't get charged for this advice.​

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. said "She is an obvious sociopath. I have watched her carefully for 25 years and reviewed her life going back over four decades. She does not know right from wrong." Stacy Dash thinks so too. Here's her story: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/stacey...d-hillary-clinton-a-sociopath-on-outnumbered/ And John Zmirak makes a good case for his claim that Hillary is a sociopath.

Among other things Zmirak pointed out that, "Can we choke down the fact that she willingly took on that rape case, then lied about it in print—as revealed by recently unearthed audio tapes?" And, "But the best-selling expert on sociopaths, Dr. Martha Stout of Harvard, reminds us that some four Americans out of a 100 are in fact clinical sociopaths—people who simply do not experience empathy with their fellow human beings, who do not experience guilt."

Clinton has already demonstrated behaviors that are consistent with what we know about sociopaths. It's not a huge leap to conclude she is one herself. http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/could-hillary-clinton-be-a-sociopath/

66.gif

No genetic fallacies will be considered.

nite.gif

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,936.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. said "She is an obvious sociopath. I have watched her carefully for 25 years and reviewed her life going back over four decades. She does not know right from wrong." Stacy Dash thinks so too. Here's her story: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/stacey...d-hillary-clinton-a-sociopath-on-outnumbered/ And John Zmirak makes a good case for his claim that Hillary is a sociopath.

Among other things Zmirak pointed out that, "Can we choke down the fact that she willingly took on that rape case, then lied about it in print—as revealed by recently unearthed audio tapes?" And, "But the best-selling expert on sociopaths, Dr. Martha Stout of Harvard, reminds us that some four Americans out of a 100 are in fact clinical sociopaths—people who simply do not experience empathy with their fellow human beings, who do not experience guilt."

Clinton has already demonstrated behaviors that are consistent with what we know about sociopaths. It's not a huge leap to conclude she is one herself. http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/could-hillary-clinton-be-a-sociopath/

View attachment 180973
No genetic fallacies will be considered.

View attachment 180974
None of those people are psychologists so why should we believe them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Among other things Zmirak pointed out that, "Can we choke down the fact that she willingly took on that rape case, then lied about it in print—as revealed by recently unearthed audio tapes?"
Known. Hoax.

Seriously, if you're going to start doing psychoanalysis on people, the least you can do is not base it on ancient hoaxes. You did nothing to address my previous post where I went in-depth into the issues asserting psychological problems of public figures in general and the issues of asserting sociopathy of Hillary Clinton in particular, but this is just weak. And now you're citing three people with no experience in psychiatry or psychology to make the same mistakes. Again, loud and clear:

DOING SOMETHING AWFUL DOES NOT INDICATE SOCIOPATHY OR PSYCHOPATHY.

Of course, this is based on a known misrepresentation of Clinton's actual actions and words, making it more a pathetic grasping at straws on Zmirak's part (seriously! Snopes before you share! These right-wing online tabloids typically do nothing to fact-check their claims, and people like you keep on falling for their blatant nonsense!) than anything else.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know whether this is an Internet thing or an American thing or both, but the comparison of Mrs Clinton to Charles Manson is not just totally unjustified, not just totally ludicrous, not just totally stupid, but the kind of empty, vicious, pointless, mindless, wicked rhetoric that actually endangers democracy. Pull yourself together and consider the requirements of truth, of justice, of honesty, and of charity.
On the other hand, this is really the best the GOP has to convince people to vote for their candidate. The pools show that, not surprisingly, it isn't all that effective. Considering who that candidate is, this is a good thing. Let them keep repeating that failure.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand, this is really the best the GOP has to convince people to vote for their candidate. The pools show that, not surprisingly, it isn't all that effective.

Which pools would that be?

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's still more off-topic Clinton bashing to wade through before we get to the relevant part of your post.

Heedless programmed response is no response at all. You might as well be standing on the third-grade playground chanting "I know you are but what am I?"

Thank you Dr. Sistrin. I had no idea you were a psychologist that personally evaluated Secretary Clinton's mental health.

You explain to all of us the psychology evident in telling such obvious and easily refutable lies as:

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

"She'd gone, what she thought would be just a great jog. She was going to go down to Battery Park, she was going to go around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and -- and that's when the plane hit."

"So when I was born, she called me Hillary, and she always told me it’s because of Sir Edmund Hillary.”

Such lies are pathological, as anyone with half a brain and backbone to use it can easily ascertain. The list of Hillary Clinton lies is legendary, and are typically based on reasoning no more sound than because she once used a bar of "Irish Spring" she had a direct hand in bringing peace to Northern Ireland.

That sounds like a real serious issue with Mrs. Clinton.

I am sure you will soon be told what you are to think about it.

Upvote 0