Dr Dino: Can Man Tell Time?

These are tree trunks no roots they were deposited in their positions by the flood they did not nor could they grow thru those layers. Refrence Mt. St Helens Washingtom state (USA) volcano which erupted in believe 1981 it, in Spirit lake has thousands of logs blown down off the mountains now standing up in the layers of muck in the bottom of the lake. This is science the Evolutionary strata depository thoeries have been conclusively been demonstrated i.e. PROVEN to be wrong.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
obediah001 said:
You is silly. Them trees are standing thru multiple layers of stata which PROVES they did not grow thru them & that it did not take millions of years to form the strata. The flood did it!!

I do not know if the "flood" did it, but it sure is evidence against evolution and an old world model of creation.

So far are on this thread we have Dr. Dino 2 Evolutionists 0.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
obediah001 said:
Everything as the Evolutionists claim the geology is billions of years old & then use that long age theory to support their Evolutionary ideas. Aint you ever heard of how they date the fossils by the layers they find them in?
That is what they claim, that geology layers are formed or break down at a very slow rate. But I have seen to much evidence to show otherwise.

Attachments

• wpe2.jpg
    wpe2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

The first problem is seen in the very approach in the presumption that must be made in the level of Carbon 14 the organism had while living. Here we have a critical calculation that is based upon an assumption that an organism which lived thousands of years previous, of which there are no modern species to compare,
the lack of modern species is irrelevant.
developed a specific level of Carbon 14 from an environment we know nothing about.
actually we know rather alot about the environments
If for example, the presumption is inaccurate by only 10%, considering that it is the rate of decay that forms the mathematical constant, the inaccuracy of the calculation of age at the upper limit would be tens of thousands of years.
this is why the method is callibrated with other things, such as tree rings and sedimantary carbon in varves.
The very basis for the assumption above is another problem, and is perhaps the most embarrassing for the proponents of radiocarbon dating. To assume a particular level of Carbon 14 in an organism requires a precise determination of environmental (atmospheric) levels of the same. That is, to presume a particular level in a living thing requires a precise knowledge of the ambient amount of Carbon 14 in the air and environment. Scientists performing radiocarbon dating assume that the amount in the environment has not changed.
this is wrong. Scientists know that the amount of c14 has changed, but we also know by how much.
This is compelling for several reasons, not the least of which is the convenience with which “science” apparently operates; we hear of massive changes in the earth, ice ages, catastrophic events that killed the dinosaurs, etc., but the environment never changed according to the same scientists.
the state of the environment is not important here, the state of the ratios is, and we know these from callibration, as above.
Or consider the effect a global atmospheric shield of dust created as a result of a meteor impact some scientists believe killed off the dinosaurs—levels of Carbon 14 in the atmosphere must certainly have been different, thereby invalidating the age/date test data.
but there are no catastrophic meteors in the past few thousand years. bringing up the dinosaurs is irrelevant, they are millions of years old.
Moreover, it is established fact that the earth’s magnetic field has been in a constant decline in strength, which would have vigorously protected the earth from the same radiation,
false, basing a falsehood on a falsehood now. and again, even if it has, we still callibrate things.
Another fact, which proves quite embarrassing to “old-age” proponents in regard to radiometric dating, is the half-life of Carbon 14 itself. Not only is the actual half-life length itself in some contention,
it isn't.
was dated in the hundreds of thousands, and even millions of years using Carbon 14.
no-one dates things that old with c14.
Actually, after the sixth cycle or so, there would not be enough Carbon 14 in the sample to be measured; the upper limit then would be around 30,000 years.
the important thing is the background radiation. scientists know this, and that is why we don't use c14 dating for really old stuff.
which provide several sources of additional radiation. This has the concomitant effect of providing a source of neutrino radiation; Carbon 14 decay is accelerated in the presence of such bombardment,
this is an extreme lie. a mother of lies. the grand daddy of lies. neutrinos from rocks have nothing to do with decay rates. zilch. nada. the actual reaction rate of neutrinos is hideously small, that is why we need hige machines to detect them full of lead, in order to slow them down, and even then, the number of reactions is very small.... in dedicated atom smashers where there are millions of decays per second. neutrinos have less than nothing to do with C14 decay, I could go on for hours about this.
and again the effect would be to cause the specimen to appear much older than it actually is.
many more examples could be given, as well as some documented, glaring failures such as live clams being dated at 1,500 years,
you can't use seafish because their source of carbon is not atmospheric.
and parchment documents from the 17th century being dated to the 4th.
evidence? there are a number of reasons it could be off.
The point however, is that radiocarbon dating has serious problems in terms of reliability and veracity, and its use is at best quite limited.
not based on anything said thus far, all I have seen so far is poor science and lied from this essay.
and this article appears on www.drdino.com

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

http://drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=faq&specific=7

his knowledge of black holes is poor to say the least. light cannot escape them, because that is what defines them as black holes. light is affected by gravity, and this has been measured several times. black holes have been detected in the scentres of galaxies, and passing between us and stars, and also black holes are not a "fix" ... he is confusing them with dark matter, which they are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jet Black

obediah001 said:
These are tree trunks no roots they were deposited in their positions by the flood they did not nor could they grow thru those layers. Refrence Mt. St Helens Washingtom state (USA) volcano which erupted in believe 1981 it, in Spirit lake has thousands of logs blown down off the mountains now standing up in the layers of muck in the bottom of the lake. This is science the Evolutionary strata depository thoeries have been conclusively been demonstrated i.e. PROVEN to be wrong.

Given that an "in place" occurrence was convincingly determined by observations made in the 19th century for this and many other "fossil forest" localities, it is surprising that these conclusions have not been recognized by modern "young Earth global flood" [YEGF] creationists as clear evidence of non-global-flood deposition for much of the geologic record. They often hinge their current arguments on the occurrence of upright trees in Yellowstone National Park, point to their volcanic setting, and then point to floating upright trees floating in Spirit Lake near Mt. St. Helens [2], and say, "See? They could be transported during the flood.". This argument is completely fallacious, because most "fossil forests" do not occur in volcanic deposits, and do have the fragile roots of the stumps tightly penetrating into the surrounding sediment, often into a paleosol (fossil soil) [besides Joggins, see also 3]. One occurrence is even associated with dinosaur footprints on the same surface, on top of a coal seam [4, 5, 6]. The "transported floating upright stumps" model [2] is a complete red-herring that does not apply to the vast majority of "fossil forest" occurrences.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/polystrate_trees.html

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
obediah001 said:
Yes, & it is this evidence the Evolutionist CHOOSES to ignore in defrence to their unproven- unproveable I should also say theories, which are only cloaks for their disdain for the Creator God.

The point I was trying to make was that evolutionists will go to a site like Dr. Dino and search it with a fine tooth comb for some tiny little point that they think is easy to falsify. But then when you bring up one of the major points he is trying to establish, they run for cover.

Matthew 23:24
Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

For every point that they think is so easy to falsify, we can bring up two points that is not so easy for them to falsify.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

JohnR7 said:
The point I was trying to make was that evolutionists will go to a site like Dr. Dino and search it with a fine tooth comb for some tiny little point that they think is easy to falsify. But then when you bring up one of the major points he is trying to establish, they run for cover.

what major point? Look, if the guy is going round lying and spreading blatant mistruth, how can you trust anything he says?

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
It does not matter, the point of the thread is that one of the most common things I hear on here is how easy it is to falsify Dr. Dino. So here is everyone's chance to falsify one of the articals on his site.
John, his argument is philosophical in nature, therefore un-falsifiable. I mean look at some of the stuff he writes:
Both Old Earth and even Young Earth Scientists even as Christians often give us E=MC2 Theory of Relativity. But in this theory along with the Big Bang Theory where is the invisible spoken of in the above Scriptures? The answer is NOWHERE. I don’t know what percentage if any is attributable to the physical laws vs. the invisible laws. It might be 40%, it might be 99.9% invisible. It might be even be 100% invisible and the natural laws are only pale distorted images like Paul describes ("we see through a glass dimly").

How could you possibly begin to falsify "invisible" laws? There is no way to (scientifically) test for such things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
obediah001 said:
There is not even the remorest of remote chance's that the Evolutionists can PROVethe earth is any age let alone 4.5 billions of years old.

Sure they can. The cumulative physical evidence in the Earth and solar system point to its formation some 4.5 billion years ago.

Unless, of course, you want to argue that the universe is a deception (i.e. created to "look" billions of years old), but science can only tell you what the Earth and universe looks like. And the Eath looks 4.5 billion years old.

For heavens sake they themselves have changed their own estimates & theories somany times it is an absolute absurdity to put any credibility in their abilities to do anything but imagine another tall tale of one sort or another.

That is the strength of science, not a weakness. Unlike religious dogma, science changes its theories and ideas to fit the data it finds, not the other way around. Young-Earth creationism was falsified 200 years ago. You are clinging to false doctrine.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
That is what they claim, that geology layers are formed or break down at a very slow rate. But I have seen to much evidence to show otherwise.

Obviously some geological formations formed rapidly, but to assume this means ALL geological formations formed rapidly is erroneous.

Trace fossils in different layers, for example, are very good evidence that those strata were not laid down rapidly during the flood.

http://www.psiaz.com/Schur/azpaleo/tracefos.html

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:

For every point that they think is so easy to falsify, we can bring up two points that is not so easy for them to falsify.

Your comment could equally well be applied to Dr. Dino, et al.

I don't see Jet Black running for cover; he's right here. What major point do you feel he's missed?

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
obediah001 said:
Did U hear that dwebate last nite? Hovind just blew them right out of thewater!

Admitedly, Hovind "won" that debate, but it was primarly due to his opponent's inexperience and allowing Hovind to get away with using strawman caricatures of things like evolution to support his position (the minute Hovind began with his 6 definitions of evolution and White was obviously not familar with them, I knew White would get into trouble...).

The crux of Hovind's argument, however, rests of the case that inductive reasoning via historical evidence is invalid. But adopting Hovind's position, I could very well argue that anything historical becomes religious in nature, especially if one proceeds to invent ad-hoc explanations to explain all the available evidence. And I could further apply that line of reasoning to current events as well (i.e. all the evidence for France is part of a vast conspiracy--and Hovind loves conspiracies-- and since I haven't been to France myself, therefore my acceptance of France is religious, and therefore it should be stricken from the textbooks).

Upvote 0